It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll (Please Take A Moment To Participate) "Next Page" "Last Page" Buttons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
In today's world, many people use mobile devices to access the internet. For some, like myself, it is their sole means for net access. Just about everyday I visit ATS on my phone, and just about everyday, I touch the screen to go to page 2 of a thread, only to be taken to page 3. That wouldn't be so bad, but then I try to correct the mistake and hit page 2 again, only to be taken BACK to Page 1 again. Sometimes I'll play musical ATS Pages for 3 or 4 rounds before I get to the page I want...

And of course, the double arrows on the left and right take you to the very first or very last page.

Zooming in does not really help... if you use a mobile device, you probably know what I am talking about... what happens for me, is a menu bar from the top of the screen invades and takes over the screen more and more as you zoom in more. I'm talking about the menu banner thingy that has the speedometer looking icon among other things. It escapes from it's background and gets huge to the point it actually Blocks the page numbers so you can't click on them.

So I have a 2 part ATS poll.

1) Whether you use mobile or not, would it be useful to you if the admins would add "Next" and "Last" page buttons? My reasoning is that these words appear larger on the screen than the individual numbers and would create a larger button which would be much easier to tap on a touch screen and may also be useful to those who do not use a touch screen.

1a) If your answer is "No, this would not be useful for me, personally", then this 2nd part is for you. Would the addition of the above mentioned buttons somehow bother or inconvenience you?

Let the voice of the people be heard. It is through actions such as these that we got a Pet forum, among other things.
edit on 5/3/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A "next page" button would be nice tbh.

All too often I zoom and click page 3 only to end up in the Live forum (eg)

The trick is to wait for the menu bar to invade, then scroll down a little.

But even I don't have the patience for that every time.

So I'll be a Yes vote for "next page" button advocacy!

Edit: we could use the mobile desktop...
But I'm assuming that like myself, you switched to the original desktop and refuse to look back.

I'm guessing that the mobile desktop version is so underused that it's taking up a lot of space in the ATS data log... However that works.
edit on 3-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated!

edit on 3-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: To, not two!

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Hold up....there's two versions for mobile?!? The hell you say! And here I thought I was a high flyer for switching from black to white page layout!

I'm all for anything that helps with mobile and I think this would help. I go weeks without getting on ATS via computer, so mobile friendly is a good thing in my book.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

If you really want this to work then you should ask Springer or SO to conduct an official poll.

Sent them a message and see what becomes of it

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I vote "Yes" to question #1. I think it would be useful and would help with navigation.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Go to "Account" and at the bottom you get this choice...

You can switch between Mobile & Desktop versions.

I'm desktop all the way.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the page buttons, but the menu bar is a drop down bar, you hit the 'V' button to get all the links.
The only issue I have with the page buttons, is that if you are looking for one of your own posts, you may be taken to the page following, and that never is resolved...so I learned to go back a page

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

My god. It's like a unicorn crapped a rainbow into a pot of gold. It's...it's beautiful

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I don't use my phone, I use my Kindle Fire, but I have the same problem. I would LOVE a Next Page/Last Page button. Because I have to enlarge the page so much that all you see are the numbers, then you have to reshrink the page to view the whole page, then reenlarge the whole page, then reshrink, etc.... just to go to the next page. You can go to Reading View in Kindle, but then you can't reply or turn pages. Massive pain in the rear. I normally don't read ATS on my Kindle unless my daughter is visiting for the weekend and she has taken over my computer to go on her Facebook and is watching kiddie cartoons on my TV as well. There's only so much mind numbing you can subject yourself to before you want adult conversation. LOL

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I use my desktop at work, tablet at home and sometimes my home desktop, and my phone when out without and Ihe is driving us somewhere.

I've not really experienced problems with ATS on any of them.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Why there isn't a function for browsing as >> is beyond me with the tech-capable people running the site. I could introduce that simple code to these forums myself lol

even my post didn't work, I'll try in parenthesis ( >>)
edit on 3-5-2015 by Neutrality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Aint it though?

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
my Question is , When are we going to see and ATS app ?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm going with 80% of the American population and say that unless the word Clinton or Bush is in the vote... I just do not know what to do.....

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I'd kind of like to see ATS on Tapatalk. It's not perfect, by any means, but it works better than anything else I've used for browsing forums on a mobile device. A few other forums that I'm on are on it, and it's nice having them all in one place. There would be some issues with that, though.

For one, forum navigation on Tapatalk is, uh, let's just say less than ideal, and with the amount of forums here, it could be a major headache. Also, it doesn't leave any way for any of the 'extra' content, like NLBS or anything, to be shown, including ads, which would likely be the biggest issue.

Anyhoo, it might be something at least worth looking into. I'm fine with it how it is, personally. It's not perfect, but it's certainly not terrible, and it's familiar.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I would like to see a next page button too, and perhaps space out the hot spots for the number buttons to make them easier to access on a tablet

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I view ATS on an old Blackberry Bold - many of the buttons on recent posts and in threads are just unlabelled green squares... i have to take a guess each time i reply to a post when i ATS while out and about.... not suggesting my luddite-ism is indulged, just having a moan because i'm British and it's not raining.

Not fussed about the "next page" thing, i'd still like a view-count for threads though.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yessir, I changed from mobile to desktop a long time ago and I refuse to go back. I'll keep dealing with the numbers if that's what it takes. An for some reason scrolling down does not help. It takes over the screen until you zoom out, and that makes the numbers smaller. But hey its all good
I love ats.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I'm happy to know this thread led to somerhing good. Of course Charlie deserves the credit for being so helpful

But just to be clear, you're talking about switching from mobile to desktop right?

I can't remember but I think mobile doesn't show avatars or something... I remember it was like only having half of ATS...
But they could have done some upgrades to mobile since I've been away...

Either way it's really cool that you are enjoying your experience here more so than you were previously.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Well, I don't know about all that... I dont want to bother them. I made a thread, and Springer posted in it, so the message should be clear. It's up to them if they decide to move forward with it. Thank you for the suggestion though, and I realize that Springer had not yet posted here by the time you made your suggestion. So, yeah, thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join