It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NEO Constitution of the United States of America

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The gloves are off. People have been asking the would be "revolutionaries" what they would do hypothetically if they could institute their own system of government in the United States and how they would change the system and recover from whatever event lead that new system to be implemented in the first place.

What changes would you make?

How would you prevent corruption from taking hold once again?

What do we need to do to instill a government of the people and for the people, yet still maintain the American ideals that made us great as a nation?

Although it is not the final answer - this is my answer:

The NEO Consititution of the United States of America (PDF viewer required)

I expect many people to not to want to go through the trouble of reading the entire thing, so I will give a rundown of what is included in the new Constitution:

1. An expanded Bill of Rights to reflect Universal Human Rights as well as to clarify the original rights in the US Constitution.
2. A reworked separation of powers, requiring mandatory Political Education and limitations on powers of the federal government.
3. A complete reworking of the Supreme Court to act as a court of the people to determine Constitutionality and undermine corruption.
4. Expansion of States and peoples right and powers.
5. An introduction to education reform.
6. An introduction to tax reform.
7. An Article dedicated to the Interim Government and implementation of the Constitution that is to be automatically repealed after a certain time.

Now to know everything about this, you have to read it. I'd like to discuss it. I'd like to alter it. I'd like to know the people's views.

(If requested enough I will post the text on ATS, however, it is eighteen pages.)
edit on 4 29 15 by TheNewRevolution because: spelling

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution

non-repealable, mandatory death sentence for any government official caught being corrupt.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewRevolution
The gloves are off. People have been asking the would be "revolutionaries" what they would do hypothetically if they could institute their own system of government in the United States and how they would change the system and recover from whatever event lead that new system to be implemented in the first place.

What changes would you make?

How would you prevent corruption from taking hold once again?

What do we need to do to instill a government of the people and for the people, yet still maintain the American ideals that made us great as a nation?

Although it is not the final answer - this is my answer:

The NEO Consititution of the United States of America (PDF viewer required)

I expect many people to not to want to go through the trouble of reading the entire thing, so I will give a rundown of what is included in the new Constitution:

1. An expanded Bill of Rights to reflect Universal Human Rights as well as to clarify the original rights in the US Constitution.
2. A reworked separation of powers, requiring mandatory Political Education and limitations on powers of the federal government.
3. A complete reworking of the Supreme Court to act as a court of the people to determine Constitutionality and undermine corruption.
4. Expansion of States and peoples right and powers.
5. An introduction to education reform.
6. An introduction to tax reform.
7. An Article dedicated to the Interim Government and implementation of the Constitution that is to be automatically repealed after a certain time.

Now to know everything about this, you have to read it. I'd like to discuss it. I'd like to alter it. I'd like to know the people's views.

(If requested enough I will post the text on ATS, however, it is eighteen pages.)

Some comments:
1. Good intent - Bad idea. Judges will have even more opportunities to "read in" stuff that is not there and has not been voted on by elected representatives. Stop this Judicial Dictatorship for life, first step. Leave existing Bill of Rights and jurisprudence so far alone, but from now on BAN all judges from striking down or making laws, period.

2. Again good intent, bad idea. "Mandatory Political Education" ? Communist will use this for "re-education camps" - dictatorship ? Fully agree with reinforcing separation of powers. I would add a Right to Private Property. I would also force a flat, unchangeable tax into a new Constitution, along with mandatory balanced budgets. To prevent another 2008, I would ban NINJA loans, and place the Glass-Steagall act in the Constitution.

3. Yup,but only as a court to judge cases. To change laws, you would still have to get elected. Again, no more dictatorship.

4. Yes

5. Simple - vouchers and charter schools. Abolish the dept of Education - 100% worthless.

6. A flat, unchangeable tax into a new Constitution, along with mandatory balanced budgets.

7. No. Once you fix the Constitution, it is TRULY permanent. Don't give those bastards any chance to screw it up again.

My 2 cents

Cheers

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Not sure what I would do specifically. Personally I think things would fix theirselves now if we had a 80 to 90% voter turnout in all elections.

Edit: I know I regularly make this statement. Everytime I do I am met with the ridicule. But the only way to stop the current federal government is to vet congressmen and senators in your local elections before they come to federal power. If everyone that has a complaint came out and voted their conscience, The number of voters would be too high. So they could not rig elections anymore.

Here's one of my conspiracies "YOUR VOTE DOESN'T COUNT" is a saying manufactured by the government to keep the numbers down so they can control our votes.
edit on 29-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

How doe YOUR vote count? And those of voters in the swing states? I am a conservative in CA and Dems rule this state and Presidents are elected before our polls close....so how does my vote count?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Congressional term limits!!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw
Then we would not be any better than the beast we are trying to defeat. Executions are barbaric.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Tell that to Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden (still don't believe he's fish food) and those beheaded and burned by ISIs in the name of Islam.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

How doe YOUR vote count? And those of voters in the swing states? I am a conservative in CA and Dems rule this state and Presidents are elected before our polls close....so how does my vote count?

If the Dems rule your state. That is all the more reason for you to get out and vote. I saw a LA mayoral race I think it was 2008. In that race 20% of eligible voters turned out that is one in five eligible voters. Routinely local elections for senator and congressman get no more than 30% of eligible voters. That is why the main point of my reply was to stress that people should vet their congressman and senator's in their local elections. It is also important to vet your judges and prosecutors at that level before they gain the trust of big money. Very seldom is anything fixed overnight, especially in justice that is always a long hard fought battle.

Instant gratification though desired very rarely happens in any political debate.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

i don't think it would happen too many times before they got the point. i believe it is more barbaric to own us slaves, while we let them execute thousands, with trial, or by cop.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

A conservative vote in CA is a waste of energy, equal to telling a hair raising story to a bald headed man!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I can see your point there.

If you become the last conservative to leave California please bring the flag!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
TLDR but 2 question:
Will corporations still be "people" and is money considered "free speech"?
If neither of those are addressed then I'd say I smell a rat.
The original Constitution is just fine until lawyers began reinterpreting what words mean.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Okay .its getting all mucked up.Lets get back to the subject its interesting. Take this fix the problems. And we can vote here.on what to put in and leave out. It's a phenomenal start. In no way is this meant an overthrow just a tweaking.
Which both parties agree we need.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
NUMBER ONE: Abolish the FED.

Outlaw fiat currency and go back to the gold standard.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

My point was execution is barbaric, however I am all for politicians to be accountable for their actions.

The two party system has caused us to have a false dichotomy type of democracy. Lobbyists paying for favorable laws to big entities is another downfall. Not enough people vote, and the ones who do are apparently easily manipulated and will vote against their own interest over and over again.

We can do better.

The sad thing is, very few Americans realize the US is falling behind the rest of the 1st world in terms of standard of living.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The monetary system must be realigned. Agreed.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I agree. Corporations are not people.That has to be addressed. I absolutely agree that voters could change this.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

A conservative vote in CA is a waste of energy, equal to telling a hair raising story to a bald headed man!

I apologize I had to readdress your post. It's completely obvious that conservatives aren't dead in California. Have you looked at your list of congressmen lately? The following names are all Republican.

Doug lamalfa first district

Tom McClintoc fourth District

Paul Cook eighth district

Jeff Denhan 10th District

Kevin McCarthy 23rd district

David Valado 21st district

David Nunes 22nd district

Stephen night 25th district

Ed Royce 39th district

Ken Calvert 42nd District

Mimi Walters 45th district

Dana Rohrabacher 48th district

Darrell Issa 49th district

Duncan Hunter 50th district

It seems Republicans/conservatives are not in fact dead in California and these are the people you should vet. Because there may or may not be good Republican candidates. But those candidates will never stand a chance if people don't get out and vote for them.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
if i could do it over again, i wouldn't give any rights...

....there would be the law and the system and attempts to change it, even a single letter, would be met with a systemic lethal response.

after a few hard heads tested it and got what they were promised, everyone would go about their lives and not worry about the Government anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join