It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate towards BS Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well all continue to have fun with my rant, both good and bad, I've put off going back to sleep long enough... this working third shift has me sleeping twice rather than once, is weird how my body has adapted... Kinda miss the one long sleep follow by activity... damn body disagreeing with me... also damn sleeping while the rest of the world is being noisy.

Yay a mini rant in my rant

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Nope not even close, seeing as I spoke fondly of Christians in my rant only calling out those I don't believe are truly christian. Sorry try again. My rant was at no point targeted towards Christians as a whole. Your comparison is not even vaguely close as a result, now as I said going to bed before I get sucked in again.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You created a good rant...some people do hate Christians; many don't and too...many are indifferent and just don't care...such is life!

I send to you

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Nope not even close, seeing as I spoke fondly of Christians in my rant only calling out those I don't believe are truly christian. Sorry try again. My rant was at no point targeted towards Christians as a whole. Your comparison is not even vaguely close as a result, now as I said going to bed before I get sucked in again.

Fondly?

You used too many swear words to call anything in your rant fondness.

Whoa, it was profanity laced and spewed a great deal of uglyness.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Don't worry.

She's not a Christian, but can determine if you are a good one or a bad one.

(it's magical!)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You could have fooled me. I think you HATE Christians.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

First off it's a rant, like hyperbole, strong language is expected, it's getting stuff off one's chest that frustrates them.

Two, once again the strong language was aimed at the people I stated quite plainly I think represent Christianity in name only, and not those I feel are truly christian.

To those I felt were truly christian, and lived it to the best of their ability I put on a pedestal far above myself. How high must I put a Christian before I am speaking fondly of them?

Stop picking and choosing only the pieces of what someone says that supports you, it's selective reading and interpretation that creates so many problems.

CONTEXT people CONTEXT...

Damnit why am I still here...

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr

You could have fooled me. I think you HATE Christians.

I hate olives.

Even Christian olives.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The idea that nobody really hates Christians, they only hate bad Christians, is equally silly.

I grew up catholic. Plenty of people hate Catholics, purely for being catholic.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It can also make an assumption of whether you're Christian or not.

I must say if that is how a "non christian" is...sign me up for #Team Christianity. I will even make a donation when the offering plate comes my way.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't hate on people for being Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, or even a Scientologist.

I will hate on people for being willfully ignorant, bigoted, deceitful, greedy, hypocritical, or having more hair than me. Just kidding about the hair.

I don't try to figure out who or what a true Christian or (insert religion) is. I don't have any chance at figuring that out and it seems to me the self-proclaimed argue amongst themselves on that so much that they can't even be sure.

If someone indicates to me their self-proclaimed belief or non-belief I do not see that as an indication of whether they are a good or bad person. There are good people and s#!ty people in every walk of life.

Persecution stems from being different from the persecutor and usually that persecutor will go after anyone they do not consider like them. We can all be persecuted or be the persecutor and it is usually those who are lowest in number that are on the receiving end.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
One thing before I rest I need to get off my mind.

If I say I'm a pacifist, but get myself in barfights every friday night, no one will have a problem with someone calling me on it.

If I say, I'm anti-guns, but have a gun of my own, no one will have a problem with someone calling me on it.

If I claim I'm most things, but act in a way contrary to it, no one has a problem calling me on it, nor should they.

Yet when it comes to religion, somehow everyone gets a free pass to act any way they want, whether it seems contradictory or not, and no one is allowed to call them on it, or clearly they hate the people who claim to follow said religion, for daring to have the nerve to do so.

You want to claim you are Christian, that's fine, but if you act in a way that seems contradictory to that claim, like with everything else in the world, people have, and should have the right to call you on it.

An example with pacifism.

Observer: "Dude you just punched someone in the face, how are you a pacifist?"

Supposed Pacifist: "You're not a pacifist, how dare you question my pacifism?"

Sounds silly doesn't it?

Why is it different for religion?
edit on 4/28/2015 by Puppylove because: Because let's be honest the pacifist is clearly not a pacifist

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wouldn't it make the person not a pacifist according to what a pacifist is?
Christians do not always act Christ like. They are sinners. That is the entire reason Christ died on the cross was because of that.

Just because they make mistakes and are forgiven, does not mean they will not have to answer for their sins. They just will not have to answer to you.
edit on 28-4-2015 by LoverBoy because: last sentence or two..

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

And yet, you called me (ugh) "enlightened" instead of a hypocrite.

I'd say Grimpachi is spot on.

I will always support religious beliefs, because I am religious myself. I will always support gay rights, not because I am gay (I once sat on a city bus and thought that I caught gay, I wore earrings and wanted to redecorate my house for about 3 weeks but then it went away, but I still wear earrings because it makes me look so pretty. . . what was I talking about?)

Oh yeah, gay.

God gave us free will and the ability to love.

Those 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

So I don't have an issue supporting gay equality and religious expression.

edit on 28-4-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Im not a prophet but I do interpret prophecy. The stock market will crash first, then our enemies will probably take advantage of our vulnerability and attack the reserve currency, then probably an invasion.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Love the chicken.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Obsrvr

Ya cant not love the chicken...its majestic.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

When said Christian falls short of Christ, by discriminating against others in Christ's name, and trying to pass laws to allow them to discriminate in Christ's name, then I'm going to damn well defend myself and others like me from their hypocrisy.

The problem is making the claim to a right by religious freedom while doing things hypocritical to that religion. It's abusing religious freedom and being dishonest, and it's something that affects others at a fundamental level unfairly and discriminatorily.

When someone is claiming the right to do something for religious reasons, when that thing seems to be in all ways contrary to the religion that person claims to follow, then it's a disservice to what religious freedom is supposed to stand for not to call them on it.

Addendum: "I'm never going to get the sleep, so stupid letting myself get riled up..."

So when a Christian or someone of any religion claims they have a religious right to act in a non-christian or non-their religions, manner due to religious reasons, I believe quite strongly, it's not only the right of others, but the duty of others, especially others who share their faith, to call them on it.

If not, then, religious freedom no longer has any real meaning, and is just an excuse for others to do whatever they wish while others with no religious denomination must still follow the laws.
edit on 4/28/2015 by Puppylove because: Addendums are fun!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So in a sense how a Christian such as Beezer goes against his religion in a way to an extent, to believe in equality and equal rights for homosexuals. Also to the extent of supporting or at least not speaking out against the way they are.

So basically what I am getting is you're moaning about Christians being discriminatory along with how you hate them for this and judging, along with many other things you posted. Yet some Christians here who may disagree with said issue such as in Beezers case and you still default with the latter. It is sort of contradicting your own rant.

Similar to how screaming of how you hate said people for judging, yet you sit here and judge.

Religion is what you make of it...Don't let it make you.

edit on 28-4-2015 by LoverBoy because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

I'm against people trying to use their religion as a shield to do whatever they wish in their religions name while what they do is against their religion.

I have a problem with the misuse of religious freedom.

Religious freedom is not the right to do whatever you want so long as you claim religious reasons for it.

Religious freedom is meant to protect people who are honestly following their religion on a personal, non secular level.

Also if one's ass is falling short of what Christ commands wouldn't you want a nudge back in the right direction? Why is, "Oh we all fall short of Christ anyway" a good excuse not to try better if called on it?
edit on 4/28/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join