It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Coup D'etat Happening on American Soil RIght Now (updated 2x)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
More than twenty armed police officers in the St. Louis County city of Kinloch are preventing the newly-elected mayor from entering her office. The police officers were accompanied by political opponents who wrongfully told Mayor Betty McCray had been impeached. Mayor McCray won the April 7th election, and the election results were certified by the St. Louis County Board of Elections. The city attorney, a political opponent, told Mayor McCray she was impeached, but county law requires that the impeachment hearings cannot take place until 30 days after articles were served.

Police Coup Prevents Newly-Elected St. Louis Area Mayor From Taking Office

Local Fox 2 reports that “after election results were certified earlier this week by the St. Louis County Board of Elections, Kinloch’s outgoing administration refused to allow the city clerk to give McCray the oath of office, claiming voter fraud.”
But in spite of these claims, there has been no evidence whatsoever to back it up. Kinloch was elected. The St. Louis County Board of Elections certified the results. But the police are enforcing an illegal “coup” of sorts.

www.inquisit r.com

The embattled Kinloch mayor admits that she’s not exactly surprised by her treatment. After all, she was once a member of the Board of Alderman prior to resigning two years ago. She left her post because she “knew it was going to be horrible.” She believes the former mayor appointed a “crooked” administration — the same one attempting to block her from taking control.

Betty McCray has hired a lawyer and moved to file an injunction against the city of Kinloch. For now, City Hall remains inaccessible to all and is allegedly guarded by a police officer.

Alleging voter fraud, Kinloch refuses to swear in new mayor and alderman

In the parking lot, McCray was met by a half-dozen police officers and City Attorney James Robinson, who held a manila envelope under his arm containing articles of impeachment.

This is a developing story -- more as it becomes available.
edit on 27-4-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Holy crap...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ditto on the "Holy Crap"!

+16 more 
link   

So because one person told the cops that she was "impeached" they take up arms and prevent her from entering? I didn't realize it was that easy...

+11 more 
link   

This is a sign of the stress levels in the US. The rubber band has been stretched so far because of the bad leadership and economic issues I think this is a sign of the times.

Sadly I believe things like this and rioting are going to become common place this summer.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
holy smokes. There should be a Federal probe into this incident right now!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well I can think of a few elections that were rife with fraud and those election boards OKed them. I have no faith in those running the elections these days. Now does that mean that officers should be preventing the Mayor from being sworn in without evidence in hand…hell no. I really would like to find out a bit more about the situation and preferably by actual people living there. I have found anything official will be spun to hell and it really makes it hard to ascertain the truth of events in cases like this.

ETA: I wonder if it would be considered a crime if the people who elected her came out and removed those cops by force if necessary? How bout if the cops became aggressive and got injured by the people of the city? If the people really did vote her in they should simply come out and aid her into her office…lol
edit on 27-4-2015 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

link   

Your headline makes it sound more violent than it is. A lot of spring rain made the mud-slinging easier, I should think. However, this can all be worked out with a bit of patience and trying legal options, one would expect. Heck, if Toronto could handle all the Rob Ford antics, this could blow over with a few ruffled feathers, though it makes life interesting. I wonder if Jimmy Kimmel is going to be involved in some way? Hey you never know.

+1 more 
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Don't you normally have to be in office to be impeached?
Wouldn't voter fraud be cause for another election and not impeachment?

Smells fisssssshy.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

The police didn't want her as Mayor anyway. Some resigned over her election.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sound like a few officers just signed their termination papers when she does get in. The choices people make, I guess.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This is crazy. So NO ONE called to check? They took the word of one of her opponents? This could make elections really interesting. Didn't win, not a problem; just get the cops to stop the winner from entering her office.

I hope that someone is made to answer for this.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I'd agree. The question is is this merely a confluence of issues or deliberate with the goal of martial law?

+20 more 
link   
This happened several days ago and the more sensationalistic media are just getting wind of it. Kinloch is a town with a population of 300 and is well known for being utterly corrupt. Kinloch is 94% African-American. The headline here makes it sound as if a Coup is happening in America right now, like to the whole country. But, as usual with sensationalistic media, what's really happening is a very small town is having a hissy fit that isn't worked out yet. There are no tanks rumbling the street, no troops barricading, no round-ups of citizens. Just a couple of armed cops supporting one side instead of the other.

link   
Can I toss this in the hoax bin, please?
All kidding aside this is pretty unreal, sounds almost like a ready-made scenario for the Justice department to come in and look like heroes.
Maybe it has been a hotbed of corruption for years and they're just trying to keep the noose off their necks.
That's what it sounds like to me but these days you can never be sure even after all the supposed facts are in.

link   
About time a colour revolution happened in America, ironic since America is the instigator of coloured revolutions in other countries.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's Kinloch. I grew up not too far from there. There's always something crazy happening in that hood. Been like that for decades.
edit on 4/27/2015 by Klassified because: better wording

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

This is a sign of the stress levels in the US.

This is a sign of stress levels in St. Louis, and maybe another city or two.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Perhaps this will shake the crib of the sleeping sheeple, and the MSM will provide blanket coverage exposing the corruption that is rotting out our country.
Oh wait, the NWO controls the media and will lull the sheeple back to sleep with more episodes of Dancing with the Stars and the Kardasheons (puke). And in the end, it will be Bush's fault.
SnF

edit on V412015Mondaypm30America/ChicagoMon, 27 Apr 2015 13:41:02 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
“They were given space to destroy” the mayor

I guess a plaque of stupidity is going around

Baltimore mayor: We 'gave those who wished to destroy space to do that'

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join