It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Obama subtly attacks "old white people" and "your lily white ass". Where's the outrage?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Michael "Kramer" Richards used racially offensive ,material in a comedy routine and liberals/democrats/etc nailed him to the wall. The outrage was palpable and it was driven down everyone's throats .

Richards went into a race and hate filled rant ON STAGE! That's not a comedy routine.

In my opinion that makes you a bunch of racist hypocrites.

Fortunately that won't keep me from sleeping tonight.

He (and all of you) should be ashamed of yourselves.

Not in the least. I have a sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Yes "Kramer" also repeatedly yelled the N word at the croud of people. Hardly comparable to what this thread is about.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Richards went schizo on stage and launched into an angry, racist rant. It was not part of his routine at all.

Jeff Dunham and his stable full of dummies make fun of all varieties of people, to include his black pimp dummy who spoke with a ghetto vernacular and god knows how many other black stereotypes.

And people laugh.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
OP waited almost 4 pages to pull the ace out of his sleeve....A Michael Richards comparison..

Youre right abe, the skit wasnt funny. But you sure are.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Michael Richards losing poop is below. It's night and day compared to what Obama did. Watch at your peril.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Only speech which intends to incite or advocate violence against a group is considered hate speech, last I knew, and if it's meant to immediately provoke violence it's not protected speech.

Now, the inception of this distinction was when KKK members would burn crosses on folks lawns, that's not protected speech, it's more of a threat.

Now, socially, it's come to include certain words associated with violence (n word, f word)

There ARE no equivalents for those words for certain groups, and no history of hate speech prompting violence against them. The only hypocrisy I see here is trying to compare those in the powerful majority with those historically discriminated against by the government and targeted for violence.

Although I really might be misunderstanding. What kinds of things do you believe people should be able to say without losing their business, etc? What do you think folks should be more accepting of, clearly it's the double standard you're concerned about but I don't know what you're comparing. At the level in the OP, nobody cares, it's common in comedy for it to go both ways. So I'm trying to figure out where you figure the line is... I have heard some reactionary folks say they feel offended by xyz, but they never gave any examples and are usually just trying to defend their own hate speech.
edit on 27-4-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Ya of course everything is obamas fault that people got mad over cops killing people...

If all you have is the rant of Richards, you don't have much at all.
Hardly even close to what this was.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Were you offended? Poor thing!

I thought his jokes were pretty funny! The anger-translator skit, not so much, but I certainly wasn't offended. Luther was speaking "angry black man" slang... Of course it's going to contain some "lily-white ass" reference.

It's innocent comedy, not cops killing people for running while black. Lighten up.

1. I wasn't offended, so I pretty much agree with you on the offense thing. By the same token, very little from either side offends me. The best comedy is usually offensive to somebody and, as far as I'm concerned, everybody needs to lighten up and/or shut up.

2. Barack Obama is President of the United States... thus this "angry black man" schtick is complete and utter horsecrap. He's part of the machine now, in fact he's the central cog in the machine. Once that cog of his was placed, he lost any and all privlege to play the angry black man card. You won, be happy or step down and be mad, pick one.

3. It is innocent comedy and Key and Peele are hilarious.

4. SMH at folks who apparently think Obama writes any of his own jokes.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows

Only speech which intends to incite or advocate violence against a group is considered hate speech, last I knew, and if it's meant to immediately provoke violence it's not protected speech.

Now, the inception of this distinction was when KKK members would burn crosses on folks lawns, that's not protected speech, it's more of a threat.

Now, socially, it's come to include certain words associated with violence (n word, f word)

There ARE no equivalents for those words for certain groups, and no history of hate speech prompting violence against them. The only hypocrisy I see here is trying to compare those in the powerful majority with those historically discriminated against by the government and targeted for violence.

Also

Were you one of the college students in the 1970's who locked me and other military brats in a classroom until we declared we were racist because we were white?
That is what you sound like.

True story, very very true story.
The high school I graduated from was newly integrated the first year I attended there.

I grew up in the military, all integrated housing, neighborhoods, schools, until, I went to the horrific place I graduated from.

The school was awash with hatred and violence from both local whites and blacks with the new integration.
We military kids were shocked by all of it.

The local college sent in students to give us sensitivity training.
Well, I and other white kids were kept in a classroom and not allowed to leave until we admitted we were racist.
I, along with other military kids refused.
We were kept there and badgered about how terrible we were because we were white and how we had to be evil oppressors because we were white and we'd better admit it if we wanted out, or to eat or drink.
The end of day bell was what got me and the other military kids finally out of the sensitivity training.

You sound to me exactly like those college students who were trying to force us to say we were racist. And in the process did a great deal of psychological damage and race relations damage in the long run.

I refused then and I refuse now to accept that there must be a double standard
and that because of my skin color I have to be
an ugly, evil, oppressor,
and can be verbally assaulted because of it
and have to take it;

and that people with other skin colors can be as ugly to me as they wish because I am the oppressor,

because I never was and never will be,
and I'll sit in the proverbial classroom without food and drink and
refuse to say I am racist
or that I am to accept being attacked for my race
because of something my ancestors did long long ago.

edit on 3Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:19:07 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

And the story from the seventies that is purely anecdotal and could never be verified adds to what?

Your continued assumption of things i guess...?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This anger translator is clearly Obama's second-in-command. I am surprised that they didn't declare martial law and lock up all-white conservative Christians on the spot. Obama is the antichrist!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
WOW 4 pages later and all that's been accomplished is a display of exactly the same thing both sides want to go away. Jesus man all it takes is to not feed into it and it will fade into the background and eventually away. The more you feed into it the more prominent it becomes and the more people will focus on it and feed into it. Just let the damn divisions fade away and lets become one people cause that's truly what those who perpetuate this fear…not our piddly little squabbles over these little things.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And the story from the seventies that is purely anecdotal and could never be verified adds to what?

Your continued assumption of things i guess...?

All I can tell you is, this happened to me
it is true

There is nothing more I can say that would convince you.

My continued assumption: Hypocrisy is NEVER ok, saying one group has a license to be mean spirited, ugly to one group of people but prepare to be destroyed by society if you even say boo to another group.

ALL men are equal and should be treated equally.

No one is more equal than anyone else.

ALL people should be treated with the exact same standard and held to the exact same standard.

Reverse racism is as bad as racism, reverse racism is as wrong as racism, reverse racism is as ugly as racism, and should never every be acceptable. That is my continued assumption and will always be my assumption.

Revenge in the name of getting back at the oppressor is still revenge;
and does nothing but create hatred and division and is NEVER justified.

edit on 3Mon, 27 Apr 2015 15:51:56 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
Two things:

1. It wasn't funny, you're right. It wasn't funny simply because well...he's not a comedian, and it doesn't look like he needs to embark on that career path any time soon.

2. The term "lily white ass" is not referring to skin color. It is used to describe someone who feels that they are above reproach, blameless, purely innocent, holier-than-thou. Listen to what he says directly before, about not caring what the press says about him. He's making a statement about hypocrisy, not race. Barack Obama is biracial, born to a white mother. It is quite a bit of an overreach to assert that he was being racist just because he used (or had his silly "translator" use) an old-fashioned term that really doesn't pertain to skin color at all.

It was funny. Obama makes an awesome straight man in the skit, perfectly looking like he was just pausing during a normal speech. It was hysterical and priceless.

link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Really? And yet we have this:

I'm just dishing back what the left does to people, and you guys can't take a tiny dose of your own medicine.

Sorry if I don't believe you. It's either an inability, or lack of desire, to understand humor.

link   
Seriously? Are you mad that Obama knows the color of your ass? Wait that's not your ass, the # is coming out of the other end.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Really? And yet we have this:

I'm just dishing back what the left does to people, and you guys can't take a tiny dose of your own medicine.

Sorry if I don't believe you. It's either an inability, or lack of desire, to understand humor.

What I did was not revenge -
it was demonstrating that the exact same words
directed at another group
would be vilified by the media and result in
people losing jobs and losing reputations.
I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Also

Were you one of the college students in the 1970's who locked me and other military brats in a classroom until we declared we were racist because we were white?

The high school I graduated from was newly integrated the first year I attended there.

I grew up in the military, all integrated housing, neighborhoods, schools, until, I went to the horrific place I graduated from.

The school was awash with hatred and violence from both local whites and blacks with the new integration.

Well, I and other white kids were kept in a classroom and not allowed to leave until we admitted we were racist.
We were kept there and badgered about how terrible we were because we were white and how we had to be evil oppressors because we were white and we'd better admit it if we wanted out, or to eat or drink.
The end of day bell was what got me and the other military kids finally out of the sensitivity training.

You sound to me exactly like those college students who were trying to force us to say we were racist. And in the process did a great deal of psychological damage and race relations damage in the long run.

and have to take it;

and that people with other skin colors can be as ugly to me as they wish because I am the oppressor,

I am sorry that happened to you, it is truly bizarre. But it has nothing to do with the 'Left'. It is a weird thing that happened in one place.
edit on 27-4-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the left.

Really? You have a problem with the left? I wouldn't have thought that.

And, no. You fabricated a scenario and then infused some emotion. Sorry, that doesn't play with people that deal in logic.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Also

and have to take it;

I am sorry that happened to you, it is truly bizarre. But it has nothing to do with the 'Left'. It is a weird thing that happened in one place.

Yes, it is a weird thing that happened. The district was beside itself because of the trouble that was going on in the school between the local white and black kids. They forgot there was a third group who found the local kids behavior disgusting and perplexing. Their solution was to call the local college and get them to send in students to "raise our awareness and to make (force) us to be sensitive" (ie say we were racist even if we weren't)

But the students were all lefties who were determined to force me and all the military white kids along with the local white kids to say we were racist, with no regard to the fact that the school did not have 2 factions, but 3 (the third being my group, the military brats who were totally disgusted and upset about the behavior of the local kids). I would croak before I went to a high school reunion, the local white and black kids are people I never want to see again, ever in my life.

Remember "sensitivity training", that was a catchword of the left, for making people think the "correct" way, no matter what it takes to make them think correctly. It was a whole far leftist tactic and trying to force people into correct thinking.

edit on 4Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:11:16 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join