It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Obama subtly attacks "old white people" and "your lily white ass". Where's the outrage?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: abe froman

The Luther character is based on a character devised for the Key and Peele comedy team. Funny funny guys. This skit was aimed at AND making fun of people JUST LIKE YOU. You were the butt of this joke, not white people. You didn't get it because it was aimed at YOU.
All those folk in the audience and across the nation were not laughing at Obama's racism or at white people in general.
They were laughing at YOU.

You have an excellent point.

This dinner was held in the middle of the riots in Baltimore.

The elite were laughing at the sheeple, the little people, and their
provincial little minds.

Sort of like Hunger Games don't you think?
The elite holed safely up at a banquet.
Laughing and joking and partying.
Making fun of "those people"
While the little people riot.

edit on 1Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:27:08 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

So yes let's practice what we don't like!
All while saying we don't like when people do it!

Call out the double standard using a double standard...
edit on thMon, 27 Apr 2015 13:34:34 -0500America/Chicago420153480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well, generally it's accepted that it's in poor taste to take jabs at a group further down the line in a social system. White, male, rich, able bodied folks have historically been those in power or on the top of the social ladder. It's a relationship between oppressed and oppressors. Those in currently power cannot be oppressed. Not in that sense.

I've been seeing a fair bit of backlash from more recent social movements. Christians claiming gay rights oppress them, ya know... By blocking their rights to be bigots or whatever... White folks were alarmed that desegregation would mean they became marginalized... Modern feminism creating backlash like MGTOW and the red pill pick up artistry. Point is, losing a social privilege isn't the same as losing a civil right. Society has come a long way in a short time, and bigotry is largely frowned upon, meanwhile bigots start feeling... Likely for the first time... Out of favor.

But yeah, white folks won't be off limits to make fun of unless they become a persecuted, or once persecuted minority. So, nobody cares and this was funny.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: grandmakdw I didn't see that so can't comment. I just thought you are free to be offended.

I wasn't offended.

I was just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of it all.

If these jokes changed white to black and were said as jokes at an NAACP dinner, the liberals would have their panties in such a wad you'd have to get a crowbar to pull them out from between their cheeks.

How come one side can get all offended and scream and yell,
but the other side has to be cool about it all?

Why can't we all be cool about it?
The Liberals won't let that happen,
it's only funny if they say it about people
they don't like.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Two things:

1. It wasn't funny, you're right. It wasn't funny simply because well...he's not a comedian, and it doesn't look like he needs to embark on that career path any time soon.

2. The term "lily white ass" is not referring to skin color. It is used to describe someone who feels that they are above reproach, blameless, purely innocent, holier-than-thou. Listen to what he says directly before, about not caring what the press says about him. He's making a statement about hypocrisy, not race. Barack Obama is biracial, born to a white mother. It is quite a bit of an overreach to assert that he was being racist just because he used (or had his silly "translator" use) an old-fashioned term that really doesn't pertain to skin color at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What are you talking about. "This is not funny" and "This is not a joke" .
It is too funny and it certainly was meant as a joke. The entire thing was a skit.
Geez, just can't find enough ways to spread the hate huh?
edit on 4272015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows

Well, generally it's accepted that it's in poor taste to take jabs at a group further down the line in a social system. White, male, rich, able bodied folks have historically been those in power or on the top of the social ladder. It's a relationship between oppressed and oppressors. Those in currently power cannot be oppressed. Not in that sense.

I've been seeing a fair bit of backlash from more recent social movements. Christians claiming gay rights oppress them, ya know... By blocking their rights to be bigots or whatever... White folks were alarmed that desegregation would mean they became marginalized... Modern feminism creating backlash like MGTOW and the red pill pick up artistry. Point is, losing a social privilege isn't the same as losing a civil right. Society has come a long way in a short time, and bigotry is largely frowned upon, meanwhile bigots start feeling... Likely for the first time... Out of favor.

But yeah, white folks won't be off limits to make fun of unless they become a persecuted, or once persecuted minority. So, nobody cares and this was funny.

I'm sorry but it is in poor taste to make fun of anyone these days.

You can not hold one standard for one group and another standard for another group.

That is divisive and hypocritical at it's core.

Nobody should care huh?
But should people be outraged if a white person says
"hold on to your dark black butts"?
Why is it ok to be outraged if a white person says that
but not ok to be outraged if a black person says
"hold on to your lily white butts"

It is the exact same thing. Double standards like this are what is
ripping our country apart.

Excusing the double standard is endorsing the rift in our nation and encouraging the divide to widen.

edit on 1Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:42:42 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

White, straight, and in many cases Christian are considered default adjectives in many western countries. It's so pervasive that those belonging to those groups rarely even see just how geared society is to them. That's why they perceive a double standard when others amp up their visibility. Up until recently they didn't even have basic civil rights, now social stigmas are certainly still there, even if it's totally frowned upon to be vocal about it. Sometimes it seems like those who don't need to be concerned with systematic discrimination don't end up knowing much about it.
Ultimately, I'm not encouraging anyone to be rude to another at all, but it shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the issue to simplify it as such. Is it right? Nah, taking jabs at one another is pretty lame, but there is a sociological issue at the root there that is worth looking into.

If the equality were actually there, then this might make sense. But there is no true equality. Even with civil rights in place, sociologically there are significant differences, and in our society you're still more likely to have the best quality of life in the US you're white, straight, Christian, rich male. It's a complex issue, but that's a bit of it, and why those aren't equal. White has never, in the history of this country, meant something negative.
edit on 27-4-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
originally posted by: abe froman

It is too funny and it certainly was meant as a joke. The entire thing was a skit.

Reverse the words and the situation, see my first post on page 1.

Then tell me if people saying geez, it was just a joke -
is not liberal hypocrisy at its worst?

edit on 1Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:45:20 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Sremmos80

Guess people just need to get some thick skin and not get offended so easily by words.

Tell that to Al and Jesse.
If you want to make a thread about Al and Jesse, go right ahead. Or tweet to them or something. This thread is not about them.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hearows

White, straight, and in many cases Christian are considered default adjectives in many western countries. It's so pervasive that those belonging to those groups rarely even see just how geared society is to them. That's why they perceive a double standard when others amp up their visibility. Up until recently they didn't even have basic civil rights, now social stigmas are certainly still there, even if it's totally frowned upon to be vocal about it. Sometimes it seems like those who don't need to be concerned with systematic discrimination don't end up knowing much about it.

That still doesn't make it right to say it is ok to say anything
awful, hateful, mean spirited, ugly about
white straight Christians, but don't you dare
say anything even slightly negative
about anyone else.

To believe that is to be a blatant hypocrite.

It's ok to bash and revile "these" people;

but it we'll see to to it that you lose your job, your business, your reputation
if you are even caught saying something negative about "those people" in private.

This is exactly what is tearing our country apart!

There is no excuse for anyone to say ugly, mean spirited, awful things about anyone else.
It is not ok under any circumstance.

edit on 1Mon, 27 Apr 2015 13:44:14 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
KEY and PEELE

Is no one here aware of Key and Peele?????

Keegan-Michael Key came to my awarness way back when he was on Mad TV. While there he met Jordan Peele and the two went on to have their own sketch comedy show on CC.
Key,Luther, made his bones playing overly exagerated characters. Often making fun of black stereotypes, and I might add, black people who aspire to those stereotypes.

This skit is a direct take off of one of the skits they became well known for where Key plays the outraged voice for a more quiet and politically correct president.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

It's not really nice to say mean things about anymore...
But there were and are still discriminatory LAWS in place against those not in the groups I categorized earlier
So privately held opinions, centuries, were publicly held and written into law and systematically abused entire groups of people.
Yeah, being a bigot these days will get you some harsh criticism and businesses choosing to hold beliefs which contributed to and actively lobbied against some folks civil rights are gonna come under serious heat.
But no laws are going to be put in place to make it illegal for straight folks to marry, socioeconomic conditions won't actively change to make Caucasians disproportionately poor and lacking access to education, etc
As long as folks aren't actively lobbying to remove civil liberties, privately held beliefs are exactly that. But nobody has the right to say what they want without fear of social repercussions, nobody ever has.

And I'm confused, I understand you're saying there's no excuse to say mean spirited things about white, straight, Christians... But on the other hand are concerned about how expressing a negative belief about "those people" in private could lose you business?

Now I'm not sure what mean spirited is in your mind, but many have been using the free speech excuse to degrade minorities since forever...
edit on 27-4-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Oh please. Try to spin to make it what it isn't. This is a K&P routine. I saw it on Just For Laughs. Obama is just standing in for this "performance". Chill out.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Why can't we all be cool about it?

I'm cool
I thought it was quite amusing

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Haven't laughed like that in a while to be fair.
Is that Title really worthy or the comedy that we were just blessed with?
I particularly liked it when President Obama actually got angry...
That was a clever twist.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The term "lily white ass" is not referring to skin color. It is used to describe someone who feels that they are above reproach, blameless, purely innocent, holier-than-thou. Listen to what he says directly before, about not caring what the press says about him. He's making a statement about hypocrisy, not race.

Yep.

That won't stop the faux outrage and vapid generalisations abound.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh please. Try to spin to make it what it isn't. This is a K&P routine. I saw it on Just For Laughs. Obama is just standing in for this "performance". Chill out.

Oh the hypocrisy of it all.

You are right it is just a joke.

BUT if the situation were reversed as on my post on page 1,
the panties would be stuck so tightly up the liberal
cheeks, we'd have to get the jaws of life to pull them out.

That is what makes me angry. I want the hypocrisy to end.

If the liberals would turn purple and nearly choke to death if the situation were reversed, then they have to expect backlash when they do it to one of their "approved to hate on" groups.

There should be no "approved to hate on" groups, and there should be no ugliness directed at anyone.
Everyone should be able to take a joke, both sides, equally.

But that is not acceptable to the politically correct liberal/progressive crowd.

They want to be able to be mean spirited about "approved groups", and to
rip apart other people for doing the same thing to an "unapproved group".

edit on 2Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:11:16 -0500pm42704pmk271 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The great oblama was supposed to remove the racial divide...he has only made it worse, much worse, and sits silent when he has a chance to play the responsibility card. This one way BS of blacks saying what the hell they want, while whites are to remain within the boundaries only makes things even more ****. when you are 12% of the population, and the next minority gaining like hell on you, maybe you need to take a good look at your long term goals, this is not the plan of success...Can you imagine a pissed off white race that has had enough? really, CAN YOU? Act like a human, you will be treated as such...as for the POS potus...he has a special place...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

BUT if the situation were reversed as on my post on page 1,
the panties would be stuck so tightly up the liberal
cheeks, we'd have to get the jaws of life to pull them out.

BS. It's would be the same if a white politician pulled a Cheech and Chong. This is a well known routine.

That is what makes me angry. I want the hypocrisy to end.

That's on you. Be angry if you wish but don't try to spin it into something it isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join