It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi dead: reports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Self-proclaimed caliph of IS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, has died, according to Radio Iran.

The reports follow news that the leader was severely wounded in US-led strikes at the al-Baaj district of Ninevehin in March. It was then reported by the Guardian that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was not in day-to-day management of IS, and that he was slowly recovering.

This news is only just being reported, and the Times of India picked it up saying its source is Radio Iran. So please take this with a grain of salt.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
edit on 27-4-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Too bad it didn't take a year or two and die of flesh eating virus!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So ISIS is no longer necessary, then?

What new enemy will we fabricate next?

Lets have a contest. It has to be catchy sounding.

Award winners from the past include:

Chi Com

Viet Kong

PLO

Al Qaeda

Taliban

and of course ISIS Crisis.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Boko Haram?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I think the leader is not dead but one of his many look alikes is.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Lets see if he gets OBLs "burial at sea"
I somehow doubt this guy was ever at the helm of the group known as IS. Kinda like OBL no body no death.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Fingers crossed!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
No Caliph no Caliphate.
If this is true they will be announcing a new Caliph soon or they will fall apart.
Maybe the West should give the title back to the Turks so these other fringe groups cannot lay claim to it again.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Doesn't make a difference. If he is dead, it will make him into a martyr and a new guy will step up.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What? Another Islamatard with delusions of grandeur is dead? Say it ain't so? Happy dance if so...

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The head of the Islamic State is reportedly injured so badly he can barely move, Kareem Shaheen at The Guardian reports. "Sources tell us Baghdadi is still alive, but still unable to move due to spinal injury sustained in the March air strike," Shaheen tweeted.

Hopefully it's true, and karma will make that criminal suffer before he leaves to get judged by the his creator.

Link

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ummm, is there any proof? Isn't this the same dude who was wearing an expensive watch at his declaration of becoming the fundamentalist "Caliph"? This sounds more like a "job well done, now move on to your next assignment".

A few months ago I was joking with my friends that there will be a new "big bad evil" before the 2016 elections. It will either be something like a super deadly "Egyptian Frog Flu" (I made that up); a new group "OSIRIS" which will be like isis on steroids; or some new leader Umboogoo Khan, a "prophesized" descendant of Genghis Khan. I made all of those up because of the ridiculous 2012 Mayan & Rapture rumors, and the 2014 Ebola debacle. But people are so gullible, they'll believe anything if it's foreign & sounds dangerous.

But now I'm going to have to take this seriously. I'll be curious to see what new black ops group or BS scare tactic they use over the next 12 months, now that they've deactivated their latest puppet.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Wonder if they droned his funeral.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A few months back he was supposed to have been seriously wounded in a strike,and the IS head honchos were apparently getting ready to install a new caliph.
If he has died for real,then we will probably hear reports that "whoever" is the newly proclaimed caliph.

Sadly this cancer won't just go away because their first leader died(if he is in fact dead).

I wonder if they will choose someone else who was previously MK ultra'd-cough I mean-incarcerated by the USA,like Al bahgdadi was(IMO).

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't be unhappy at news of his death.But I'll need a better source before cracking the bubbly.
S/f Das
edit on CDTMonam11061 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hopefully this is true...
Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Hell has a new addition for the Angel Malik to torture.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Ahhh my favorite kind of terrorist, a dead one...... Enjoy hell! I hear its beginning to cook this time of year!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Why am I thinking the calf guy is supposed to be born not appointed?? kinda loses it's power just to appoint another sucker to die!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
ISIS Appoints A Former Physics Teacher As The New Caliph

Abu Alaa Afri is the new stand-in leader. “After Baghdadi’s wounding, he [Afri] has begun to head up Daesh [arabic term for ISIS] with the help of officials responsible for other portfolios,” He will be the leader of Daesh if Baghdadi dies.” said Hashimi.

Abdul Rahman Mustafa Al Hikhalar, aka Abdul Rahman Mustafa al-Qardashi, aka Abdul Rahman al-Sheijlar, aka Abu Ala Afri, aka Abu Ala al-Afri.

edit on 27-4-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wonder if they droned his funeral.

I think we should give him a 21 gun salute, I mean 21 drone salute, I always screw these things up......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join