It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I'm cursed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What are the chances of these happening? I'm asking because I think it's not yet over.

- First time I ever flew out of the country to USA, they were hit by worst recession since the great depression and a string of severe weather.
- 2nd flight overseas to Hong Kong, my city got hit by the worst flooding in decades with many casualties
- 3rd flight out of the country to New Zealand, New Zealand got hit by a powerful earthquake
- Job offer in NZ, they got hit by another earthquake but this time with many fatalities, Japan EQ followed suit. NZ also experience a string of weather anomalies
- Climbed a volcano in NZ and then it erupted after a century slumber.
- Left NZ, and they got hit by worst drought in decades
- Bday in home country, same day got hit by record breaking storm in damage and deaths caused
- Flew to Middle East and they were hit by MERS virus.
- A few months later, close relatives of several people I work with in Middle East died.
- Few of my colleagues suffered severe illnesses
- All my potential sponsors for scientific research suffered terrible misfortunes, setbacks, and ultimately gone (project cancelled) - in a few of these, the setbacks were caused by sudden uprisings/regional wars.
- A friend who tried to help me met two accidents that were quite serious with one totaled car but miraculously escaped any permanent injury.

Those who escaped this fate that has something to do with me are coincidentally "deeply religious Christians".

So I think there's a clear pattern here that's not just mere coincidences. I'm not here to promote Christianity either. Sometimes I think there are malevolent forces out there that's pressuring us to accept the ignorance of religion.

My question is, what's really going on?? Mere coincidences?? Should I refrain from traveling anymore?? Did someone put a curse on me??

I never dabbled with the occult. I was a Christian when it first happened, I left church last 2012 and it did not stop. People have been praying for me but nothing is working.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Should I refrain from traveling anymore?

no no, you just need to pick your destination better, for example you should travel to the north of Syria this time of the year, lets see if a volcano pops up in Raqqa
edit on 27-4-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020
You aren't cursed OP. But just in case. Could you not come to America any more? j/k

edit on 4/27/2015 by Klassified because: formatting

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020
My question is, what's really going on?? Mere coincidences?? Should I refrain from traveling anymore?? Did someone put a curse on me??

No, there is no such thing as coincidences.... if your previous posts and threads reflect a bit of your true self, then i would call it karma.

edit on th15MondayMondayamMon, 27 Apr 2015 07:53:12 -0500 by Syllar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Everyone feels the same. Everytime my mum travelled...natural disasters, epidemics, weather records broken. You are not cursed.

It's human nature to think the world revolves around me/ did my presence affect that. I would understand if when you landed this stuff happened immediately afterwards but there is a 99.9 % none of em did. We adjust time frames to suit out needs/way of thinking.

The MERS virus MORE than likely existed before your arrival, you only became aware of it when you reached the country because you had become exposed to the news. The same reasoning can be applied to all examples giving above.

There is a chance that someone did the exact same trips closer to the events, which would make him more responsible?

The time you entered these locations most probably coincide with storm/earthquake zones and nothing more than a coincidence, a coincidence that thousands of other travellers would associate with their presence.

It's a nice idea but jn reality a coincidence. If god had something to do with it he is punishing everyone but you. If it's the devil than you are a demon.

Be wary that this sort of thinking leads to dark avenues, thinking ending my life will stop the pain for others. Stop it before its too late

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

So you just tally up the bad things and not the positive things?
Your mindset in keep such a detailed and varied list is not healthy.
I think you need a different approach.

Since you have brought religion into the matter, that is a complication, and of no help to your mental outlook.
If anything, consider a truism of Buddhism (much maligned) that I favor (paraphrased): "Suffering is a condition of being human."

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It seems you are the Antichrist.

You are welcome

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
to me sounds as if your lucky, in that your not one of the causalities.
sh@@ happens, i could list just as many things if not more where i was actually involved .
like the 20 some odd car crashes that i've been in, two of which i was told by state troopers and emergency personal that i was lucky to walk away from and that no one was hurt.
edit on 27-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

If he is going to be another one of those he will need to take an ATS anti-christ number.. as there is a great many of them.. and then get in line..

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Sometimes I think there are malevolent forces out there that's pressuring us to accept the ignorance of religion.

I never dabbled with the occult. I was a Christian when it first happened, I left church last 2012 and it did not stop. People have been praying for me but nothing is working.

so, religion is "ignorant" but.. you have been saved time and time again.. some other people had some bad luck who you knew which, as far as you know, may have saved you from another bad thing..

but its some malevolent force who is protecting you? Yeah... sad that such evil would want to keep you from harm isn't it?

lol.. seriously..

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: JUhrman

If he is going to be another one of those he will need to take an ATS anti-christ number.. as there is a great many of them.. and then get in line..

johndeere2020 is antichrist#27366 on Satan's henchmen list. He's merely warming up, eventually he will take my place. But he still has a lot to learn. I mean it's still me who blasted Chernobyl, caused the 2004 tsunami and the Haiti earthquake. I'm not retired yet!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Those who escaped this fate that has something to do with me are coincidentally "deeply religious Christians".

I think you mean "fundamentalists".

Maybe you should stop hanging with fundies if you don't like their version of their faith.

I believe that's what the majority of Christians are doing since they notice hanging out with fundies tends to make you become as crazy as them.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Some people are too full of themselves.

I bet when bad stuff actually happens to them they just as quickly blame someone else.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

yea i thought about that to. it reminds me of a joke.

there was this man that was caught in a flood in his home.
he prayed that God would save him.
about a hour later before the water entered his home, a national guard truck pulled up and told him to get in.
he told him that God was gonna save him and told them to leave.
he prayed for God to save him again.
a couple hours later the water had entered his home and he had to go up stairs, then a boat came and urged him to get in.
he told them the same and prayed once more.
a few hours later the water had forced him up on the roof, a helicopter came and dropped a basket for him.
again he told them that God would save him and refused to get in, so they left.
finally the water washed him away and he drowned.
when he got to heaven, he asked God why he didn't save him.
God answered, I sent a truck, boat and helicopter, what more did you want.

edit on 27-4-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm a Cubs fan...We are all cursed

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If I kept track of all the coincidental bad things that have happened around me maybe id be cursed too?

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You know it's funny you should mention what is happening around you and being a "Christian" In another forum I was having a discussion about how spirits if you will, will cause chaos and such around or in some cases actually to believers as opposed to non-believers. And it sure seems that once a person takes the path OF believing, things seem to take a turn south just as soon or not long after one becomes a "Christian"

A perfect example would be the book of Job...

As far as church, I don't really see how anyone could gain anything considering what goes on in ALL churches. I think it helps SOME people but not all. But take my word for it (I know firsthand) once you start believing you best be always on guard. I've come to the conclusion that certain 'things' happen simply for the purpose of destroying one's faith. Always keep your faith, NEVER let it go.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Wow, sure sounds strange and being human and such of course you look for patterns leading to an answer, but in this case:
I'm pretty sure all of these EQ, volcanos, disease and regional wars would also have happened if you would have no connection what so ever.
Have you been in Nepal lately? No, right? The more you travel around, the more people in different countries you meet, the more it could seem like you over-proportianally are involved in stuff like this happening, but it's just stochastics.
So be happy you know so many people and you are so lucky you get away before these things happen and not while you're there. If you were cursed you would have close friends dying like flies and walk over your daily debris field of catastrophes, like others take an after-dinner walk.
Chillax, could be a lot worse. We are just unfortunate enough to live in interesting times.
edit on 27-4-2015 by Peeple because: spell

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I have a bit of advice.
Don't visit Eastern Pennsylvania in the US.

That's where I am.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020 All coincidences. In some cases poor luck in your destination. The point is, making you feel better. You can always see someone recommended who 'removes curses'. As long as they don't want to empty your bank account, real or not, it can have a placebo effect on you.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join