It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Preparing for Riot Control in American Soil.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The fact that some people may have been protecting their homes, but with weapons just sitting in someone's house that has evacuated makes for an easy pick for those who may look to steal from those not in their houses.

The homes weren't "evacuated" they were inhabited. Theres a difference. The "special units" made them defenseless by stripping home owners of their 'arms' during a disaster.

If that makes sense to you, then you're just another minion of the state regurgitating more law and order spiel to deceive others.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

SO tell me how are those 8 military helicopters that weren't bought by Brevard County. That thread was proven wrong then and still is now.

I don't know...even though in that thread i gave a link to the Detroit Free Press which received data through a Freedom of informaiton Act request from the Law Enforcement Support Office of the U.S. Defense Logistics Agency showing that the Pentagon transferred among other military equipment 8 military helicopters to Brevard county., valued originally at $18 million each. You among some others claimed this was not true. (btw, yes i do know the $18 million dollar for each helo is the original price tag) Whichever LEA received these helos, they only paid for shipping and handling costs, not the $18 million for each helo.

If this database was false it would have been removed a long time ago, yet it is still available.

All you have to do is search in Florida (FL) and Brevard county.

www.freep.com...

The point is in that thread you kept claiming that the helos from the database were the two civilian helos you gave a link to which together cost 7 million...

edit on 25-4-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If that makes sense to you, then you're just another minion of the state regurgitating more law and order spiel to deceive others.

Ah yes, because I don't fall for the government is bad and out to get you mindset, I am just another minion that falls for what the government say's...you have to do better than that.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think any country with a decent police force amy etc trains for civil disobedience and rioting.
In fact I would worry if they didn't.
Will it happen? On a mass scale? Do they know it is going to happen? Dunno but I still don't think this type of training is a new thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

If this database was false it would have been removed a long time ago, yet it is still available.

See what you can find with a little bit of research...

spacecoastdaily.com...

And nothing on the internet can be a lie...you know why, the internet told me.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I still don't think this type of training is a new thing.

It's not and that has been shown many times already that the military has done training like this previously with nothing nefarious happening because of it.

But of course it's on the internet so it must be true.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They should be training in East St Louis, North St Louis, and Ferguson, don't forget the Chicago slums also.

Some places here in the states need to be brought back to civilization. It is already like a war zone in these areas after hours.

edit on 25-4-2015 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

They should be training in East St Louis, North St Louis, and Ferguson, don't forget the Chicago slums also.

Let's not forget Detroit.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
And nothing on the internet can be a lie...you know why, the internet told me.

You need to prove that the information from the database is false, posting claims from the Sheriff does not refute what the database says.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
After watching Baltimore burn, I'm all for it.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

For whatever its worth the Marines were training for domestic riots since at least the early 80s.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

For whatever its worth the Marines were training for domestic riots since at least the early 80s.

Time to unleash them devil dogs on the violent protesters.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Well ever since riots became a political statement......and a new way to shop....we can forget a Gangs of New York response. Well those were Irish so, you know, its different for them.

edit on 27-4-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Well ever since riots became a political statement......and a new way to shop....we can forget a Gangs of New York response. Well those were Irish so, you know, its different for them.

Boss Tweed for President!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Obama is really like Nero, he even watches as Rome burns. He doesn't play the flute but replaced that with a golf club.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Spec Ops weren't in the equation back then, that Marine training you are referencing was for straight up civil unrest and natural disasters. Start researching "Operation Garden Plot".

This goes back to my earlier point, that counter-insurgency and anti-partisan elements are being added to American military training, for operations on US soil. This training has its roots in post-WWII America, where Germans whom were given amnesty after the war, showed the US Government how to deal with revolting populations in occupied countries. Today, we now have US equivalents of the Sicherungs-Divisionen, Ordnungspolizei and the Schutzmannschaft units.

Here is an article from the LA Times written by William Arkin explaining "Operation Garden Plot":

The Army's "Operation Garden Plot," a plan formulated in the 1960s for dealing with large civil disturbances, has been dusted off and updated to focus mostly on military intervention in response to a domestic event involving weapons of mass destruction. Special Operations Command, and more specifically the super-secret Delta Force, now have a role in thwarting and responding to domestic terrorist incidents.

When "Operation Garden Plot" style strategy comes into play, they will discredit organized civil disobedience early on, from within, and then those grass-roots movements will eventually lose steam, ala, Occupy Wall Street.

Here is an article from 1977, giving more details about how "Operation Garden Plot" worked (back when journalism was REAL):

Carter Administration Revives Operation Garden Plot, Executive Intelligence Review, Volume 4, Number 14, April 5, 1977
edit on 29-4-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: boohoo

Please, post more links about what high speed things spec ops can do.

I'll take my having actually been in the military and knowing basic capabilities of military personnel over the rage typing Google champ.

Sure thing Shanrock-Shake.

It seems that you haven't noticed, there are other people posting on this thread, with a differing opinion than yours, whom also have military experience. Also, nearly all of my earlier posted references are official DoD document and press releases (I only cited one opinion piece, which also has references cited).
edit on 29-4-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The reality is that they do not have enough military to stop all of the protests/riots if it got that bad. Large cities would be a boon to the military, as they would be brought in, but not know all of the ins and outs, nor have the capacity to keep any sort of control. And if they opened fire on people protesting or even starting firing, it would cause more problems and that is going to go badly, for then it would make some who are either on the fence, to give support where they do not want such.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The reality is that they do not have enough military to stop all of the protests/riots if it got that bad. Large cities would be a boon to the military, as they would be brought in, but not know all of the ins and outs, nor have the capacity to keep any sort of control. And if they opened fire on people protesting or even starting firing, it would cause more problems and that is going to go badly, for then it would make some who are either on the fence, to give support where they do not want such.

I've talked about this before.

Millennial's can't even muster up a proper protest, let alone a rebellion. In my opinion officials let Ferguson burn and grow out of control for political purposes. They could have quelled that spineless crown in less than a couple of hours, if they had really wanted to. This is the "break and run" generation, they will run at the slightest tumble weed and they have NO stomach for physical confrontation. If LEO's put the hoses or dogs on them like they did on protestors in the 1960's, I don't doubt many frail, "millennial bodies", would have failed under the show of force, resulting in "instant death" for some.

In addition to the above, I think surveillance tech, tightly controlled media and perfected subterfuge techniques are keeping ALL of us from knowing if new activist groups are springing up. I'd argue the government today, nips such movements in the bud, sending participants to jail will-nilly, affording them no due process like activists received in the 1960's and in turn give them horrible plea bargain deals. I think people ARE indeed trying to take action, but are quickly stomped out, rounded up by LEO's and NONE of it gets to the media, including blogger and Instagram journalists.

I'll give a simple example of something I thought for sure I would see in the streets during riots, but have yet to see it happen. During Occupy, protesters from EVERY city were easily dispersed by tear gas and flash bangs.

Why?

Didn't the Occupy participants have knowledge that such tactics would be used against them? Did they not prepare to neutralize the effects, especially with some ex-military people participating and having past experience dealing with such? The rioters is Greece and Spain were not as easy to disperse, in fact they were not dispersed at all by LEO's.

So, I'm supposed to believe that most protesters in the USA, NEVER thought to prepare and have Goggles/eye-protection, shields, or safety/chemical respirators with them at all times? ALL OF THIS STUFF IS OVER THE COUNTER today, but NONE of the protesters I have seen, not since the 1990',s prepare with such equipment.

Here is another example, imagine if the UC Davis cop that started pepper spraying the student protesters, found out that they ALL had respirators and goggles. Would he have started beating them with his night stick instead out of frustration because he wouldn't be able to effectively use the pepper spray?

I would say, most likely, yes.

If you know you're going to get shot with rubber bullets and bean bag shotguns, a defensive formation like the Ancient Roman/Greek Phalanx should be Standard Operating Procedure, but nope, Millennial protestors just stand around until the SHTF and then start running in every direction, as if being shot at by LEO's was an impossibility.

So whats different about American Millenial protesters versus Europeans? My guess is anyone that could teach Americans proper tactics to counter LEO's are quickly arrested on trumped up charges and threatened to never return to help the activists again "or else". American protesters are so poorly organized that I can't imagine them EVER having an ounce of success, but at the same time I think surveillance tech, tightly controlled media and perfected subterfuge techniques are ENTIRELY responsible for said poor organization and preparation.

The FBI said Friday it has deployed about 100 agents to the St. Louis area ahead of the decision, in case demonstrators take to the streets

Such perfected techniques are keeping ALL of us from knowing if new activist groups are springing up across America.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo
The reason why the Millennials can’t muster a proper protest or even a rebellion, is that there is no leadership in them. They lack the basic drive or the knowledge beyond the basics on what they have learned in the school or books.

It does not matter about the surveillance tech or the media, as there are ways to get the word out and bypassing the media. If you look at the Arab Spring, they used texts and twitter to get the word out. So the computers did not have a play nor did the media there, which is heavily more controlled than the USA.
You mentioned the Occupy movement, here is the reason why it failed:
If failed for several reasons, the first is that there was no leadership, the points that they were speaking on, made no sense and was not clear. They were not willing to die for their cause, nor stick it out, even when the weather turned. And finally the main reason why it failed, is that the very people they needed support from ultimately they became a nuisance to. And if that was not enough, it was shown that they threw the first punch and failed to follow the laws, and be decent about such. Then it started to look like they were going to be used as a political tool of one of the 2 political parties in the USA, it was over. Speakers like Michael Moore did not do them any favors, only served to show more of a hypocrisy of the situation of a movement that could have had a far greater impact if it was better planned.
Many of todays protestors, do not police themselves, and when agitators and opportunists get involved, and then it goes from a peaceful protest and moves more into rioting.

The difference between the Occupy movement and the UC Davis protest, is that in the UC Davis case, the cop threw the first punch. Once the police did that it was all over, public support went straight to the protestors and the police were viewed as the bad guy. The same can be seen with the Civil rights movement, where the police and government was shown to be the bad guys and the protestors were the victims. Image is ultimately what made that movement and gave the public support it needed.

But back to the problem is that the US military is not in every town, and if you look at the past when there was fighting in a city, the military did not do so well, and ultimately it would be a losing situation on the part of the military. After all how can one win a battle if the person they are fighting against, is dressed and looks like everyone else and can disappear in the crowd? What are they going to do, arrest entire neighborhoods and imprison entire populations? How does one quell a major city where the population is over a million people and if they do not like such, who is going to stop them? Do you think that the government or even the military is going to want to see a dead child, what was shot by the military out on the social media? It would cause more problems and rioting far worse than what we are seeing now, and what will make it worse, is that in most major cities, there are gangs, and if they all feel threatened, what would stop them from working together and causing more of an organized resistance that would really make a mess of things?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join