It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Aykroyd tells HuffPost Show hosts he has seen four UFOs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: Scdfa

a reply to: Ectoplasm8

I'm apparently one of a very few on this site who does not have to rely on information

Apparently.

You cut my sentence in half to fraudulently alter its content and meaning.
That isn't quoting me, Draknoir, it is lying about me.

It's not lying about you, though.

You do not rely on actual information...

What would you call it? It seems like a deliberate lie to me, you cut my sentence in half to fraudulently alter its content and meaning. Then you post it and attribute it to me as a quote.

With the intent of what, darknoir, just to make me look foolish, or ignorant?

Here's how you quoted me:

I'm apparently one of a very few on this site who does not have to rely on information

And here is what I said:

I'm apparently one of a very few on this site who does not have to rely on information from others or even the historical record to know for certain that alien contact and alien abductions are a matter of fact.

You can't wriggle out from what you've done. Everyone sees this for what it is.

And Jim Oberg defending this fraudulent misquoting reveals much about his character; to embrace such deceitful tactics? To say it's fine to edit a quote to change the entire meaning?

I wonder if Jim Oberg uses this standard of truthfulness in his UFO investigations?

Draknoir, your excuse for this smear tactic was to claim that I did not rely on information? I most certainly did. Information from my eyes and ears. Sensory information. There is no higher level of information of an event than to experience an event.

Also, I am well aware of the historical record of UFOs. I simply state that I did not have to rely on it to know for certain that alien contact and alien abductions are a matter of fact.

So, you have no excuse for this.

I could go back through your posts and use the exact same deceitful technique to come up with quotes of you admitting to outrageous things.

But I won't. I will never sink to the debunker level.

Don't need to, what I say is true.

edit on 29-4-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

I could go back through your posts and use the exact same deceitful technique to come up with quotes of you admitting to outrageous things.

But I won't. I will never sink to the debunker level.

Nice rant. But you have been doing the same except what drak did was an obvious joke. But you do it either because you cant read too well or for all the reasons you listed. I already pointed this out anyway.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Ha! that's pretty good. Arbitrageur found the source I was talking about. But why would you take what I said completely out of context and try to paint it in a different way? I mean people CAN read and the full context of what I really said is right there and yet you pulled out my first sentence which was completely opposite from my real meaning? Here I bolded the part that has the actual meaning.

Here was my full quote:

Sure I can. He failed the first one and the rest weren't legitimate. At least that's what some investigators claim. Personally, unless I can see all the questions and results and how everything was set up, I don't put a whole lot of value into any of it.

This is the part you quoted:

He failed the first one and the rest weren't legitimate.

So which is it? You cant read? a smear tactic? or just trolling?

what is the eta of your thread? maybe you just need your own forum?

edit on 29-4-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude
Great thread op! Its getting more and more difficult for debunkers to continue to deny that this is a real phenomenon..

No it isn't.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: truthseeker84
You better believe it.

The dude is in Cone Heads... So I'm sure he knows very well what is the difference between movie magic and something that's totally real.

I like him.

He was right about the books.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

it's fine to edit a quote to change the entire meaning

No its not!

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There's no need for that.

And it's "draknoir2".

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

My quote of you in no way changes your meaning or intent. And I quoted your complete sentence.

For you to pretend that is equivalent or even similar to Dreknoir's deliberate misquote to change the content and meaning of what I said is specious.

But it is exactly the kind of tactic I expect from you. I wouldn't think it possible to hold you in lower regard.

Ramble on Rose

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

There's no need for that.

And it's "draknoir2".

Apparently, dreknoir2, you felt there was a need for that. Because you did it, right?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

My quote of you in no way changes your meaning or intent. And I quoted your complete sentence.

For you to pretend that is equivalent or even similar to Dreknoir's deliberate misquote to change the content and meaning of what I said is specious.

But it is exactly the kind of tactic I expect from you. I wouldn't think it possible to hold you in lower regard.

Ramble on Rose

You misquoted me on purpose to make yourself look like a fool for when you would call someone out on it latter knowing that I would take the bait and make me waste 5 minutes of my life to point it out to you just so you would say that you didn't do it. Very ingenious. Your "crazy troll" persona is to be admired but not quite believable. And your choice of the worst Dead song ever is very telling.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

what is the eta of your thread? maybe you just need your own forum?

Maybe you need to spend less time obsessing about me?
All the hours you spend writing to me are lost, I hope I'm worth it to you. Ever hear the song "Cat's Cradle"?

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There is no higher level of information of an event than to experience an event.

And there is no lower level of information than the wild, unsubstantiated claims of an anonymous troll on a conspiracy forum.

That's you, Scudfail.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Ramble on Rose

You misquoted me on purpose to make yourself look like a fool for when you would call someone out on it latter knowing that I would take the bait and make me waste 5 minutes of my life to point it out to you just so you would say that you didn't do it. Very ingenious. Your "crazy troll" persona is to be admired but not quite believable.

You actually believe that? That I plot and scheme to get you to respond?
I'm afraid not, you are truly obsessing, and it isn't healthy.

You are right, though, I'm not believable as a crazy troll. Think that's true for you?

Help on the Way /

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

There is no higher level of information of an event than to experience an event.

And there is no lower level of information than the wild, unsubstantiated claims of an anonymous troll on a conspiracy forum.

That's you, Scudfail.

Ask not for whom the bell trolls.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
U.F.O. footage from Damascus.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You actually believe that? That I plot and scheme to get you to respond?

Do you actually believe that I believe that?

Help on the Way

? Hows that one go?
"I mumble through the song,
Because I forgot all the words
I dont know
What I'm saying
Yeah, yeah, yeah..."

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So are you looking for a forum where only those who agree can have a voice? Or would you like serious debate that explores all sides of the story? A group of third graders could convince themselves there are little green men on the moon without any counter argument. Does that mean there are little green men on the moon?

I don't endorse name calling or sarcasm but you are never going to get me to admit there are aliens running around planet earth breeding, hording our natural resources, waiting for the right time to exterminate humans, or (and I love this one) protecting us. I am with Stephen Hawking on this one. We better hope that no aliens ever find us because if they do and they like what they see it will be very bad news for the human race.

When it comes to alleging that aliens are among us, it seems to me that the burden of proof is on those who think that is the case. I cannot prove a negative. It is impossible. I can, however, acknowledge that there are things that happen in our skies that are scientifically based that most of us don't have a clue about. These things are the basis for the fiction of flying saucers from some galaxy thousands of light years away. Not going to happen. There probably are civilizations out there but God did not intend for theirs to get together with ours. They probably experience the same thing we do when it comes to UFO's. Wild suppositions that there are people from the galaxy we call the Milky Way on a planet made up mostly of water in the goldilocks zone who have figured out how to traverse the universe a million light years away through a wormhole and they are here to save us. Nonsense.

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: icewater

You are entitled to your opinions, but some of us know personally that you're wrong, and the wake up crew may be your personal outlandish idea, but its the way the real universe is, especially in lower realms like this one. And Hawkings was paid off for those kind of ideas. He puts out fear and like many who know the checkerboard floor structure of the masons, still just speaks as if the dark squares are all there is. True deep thinking does away with all of that.

edit on 23-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: icewater

These things are the basis for the fiction of flying saucers from some galaxy thousands of light years away. Not going to happen. There probably are civilizations out there but God did not intend for theirs to get together with ours.

Are you trying to pretend flying saucers are fiction?
That's not a question that is up for debate, actually.
You can argue about who s inside these flying saucers, or where they come from, but flying saucers are a fact.

Some credit Kenneth Arnold with the first sighting of these flying saucers, but there are hundreds of accounts going back further, to the 1920s at least.

Accounts and witnesses are all well and good, I've seen them myself, but it is the photographic record that established these vehicles as physical reality. Photos, along with film, video, cell phones, and radar establish conclusively that for the past seventy years, flying saucers have appeared thousands of times.

They have routinely outperformed and evaded our most advanced aircraft, displaying flight characterists, speeds, rapid acceleration and deceleration that would be fatal to humans.

Flying saucers may be many things, but fiction is not one of them.

You say that God didn't want our worlds to meet?
Then he's done a lousy job of keeping them apart.

edit on 24-5-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I REALLY wish he'd come on for a Ask Me Anything segment.
There are internet rumors of him having a MIB encounter in NYC.
All to keep him quiet about a Chicago/Ohare UFO incident TV show he was working on.
I'd really like to ask him about it. Hear the real story ...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How can you "know" I am wrong? without proof? Nearly every human being on this planet carries a cellphone with a camera, some with video, and still there is nothing to prove the existence of flying saucers with little grey people here.

In an earlier post I described how I went nearly 40 years believing they were here because I saw a space ship streak across the sky when I was six or seven years old. No one believed me but I didn't care because they did not have the advantage that I had....I saw it with my own eyes. As I grew older I read every book I could get my hands on on the subject and unfortunately I found holes in every story. The Day After Roswell was a farce. My dad was at Roswell at the time and he wasn't convinced. Then because of my military service and security clearance I had the opportunity to access some pretty sensitive space connected stuff and saw a video of what a satellite that loses its orbit looks like when it re-enters the earth's atmosphere. Not only did it convince me that that is what I saw so many years ago, it was so exact it could have been the actual video of the one I actually saw. That whole incident told me there are things that happen in our skies too complex and complicated for the average person to comprehend. But there is an explanation for it all. Whether man made or a natural scientific phenomena.

Just look at the Roswell thing logically for a moment. Consider the timing and where we were in history. RADAR was the newest, latest, and greatest advantage we had during WWI and the early stages of WWII. We had brilliant minds conceiving this stuff and technologically there seemed to be no limit to what we could do. Then the Japanese and Germans got RADAR of course so what would you suppose would be the next thing the big brains would start working on? Stealth technology. Now, imagine the rudimentary efforts to create the ability to defeat RADAR. I think the thought process would be to create as small of a target as possible. With a small airplane one would need small pilots to fly it. Probably with rudimentary pressure suits. Also the materials of the airplanes would obviously be something Dupont Inc or some such defense contractor would be tasked with coming up with. It had to be light and made of something that would absorb RF energy. So, they probably had some early test version of a stealth airplane that crashed. Keep in mind stealth research had been going on for many many years and was not known about until the F-117 was unveiled in the Bosnian War in the early 90's. So the Army Air Corps, later the Air Force, had to lie in 1947 and had to continue to lie when the whole thing emerged again in the 80's. Stealth technology was a tough nut to crack and no one with any brains was going to admit that was what was happening when that little airplane with weird material and a couple of short little pilots crashed on that ranch. At the time it was a brilliant strategy to make the world believe we had a crashed flying saucer.

Sorry to destroy all of those hopes and fantasy's about flying saucers but that is what happened in Roswell and demonstrates how carried away uninformed people can get.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join