It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

43 Dinosaur Eggs Discovered in China by Construction workers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
www.9news.com.au...
www.pbs.org...

The Chinese city that holds the world record for largest number of dinosaur eggs has added to its collection after dozens more were unearthed at a construction site.

A nest containing 43 dinosaur egg fossils was found in the city of Heyuan in southern China's Guangdong province, China's state news agency Xinhua said.

Nineteen of the eggs are intact but what dinosaur they are from remains a mystery, Du Yanli, curator of the city's dinosaur museum said on Monday.

"These eggs are large in size, and one even has a diameter of 13cm," Du said.

All the eggs, which were found Sunday, have been sent to the museum for further preservation and research.

Now, I'm posting this story because, like many here, I am a history buff and discoveries such as this go a long way in verifying our very ancient and mysterious past. I wonder what Dino the eggs came from?

I would also love for this shelia to comment on this discovery because, in my humble and non-scientific opinion, satan did not plant the bloody eggs there to deceive mankind..but, I could be wrong

LOL. (I'm still on the fence as to whether this mob is just taking the piss)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Oh, probably not. I did a stint in a religious school briefly about the sixth grade. It was Lutheran, so it's not like it was some off-shoot backwoods thing. But you got the same drivel - there are no dinosaurs, the whole thing is made up, the earth is literally about 8000 years old (they had the math to prove it), and all fossils are faked by taking a single small piece of old bone (probably a cow) and then making the rest out of plaster to fit.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Awesome discovery, Thanks for sharing.

Next time you will do better not implying people's faith, who don't share the same as your own.

Why are they sending it to museum for further preservation and research?

Because we still have things to learn.

Be humble, don't use energy poking at people's belief.

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Point taken.

I am a catholic and was a leader in my community.(don't have the time now)

I have a massive degree of tolerance for all faiths, and non-faiths alike.....and my posting history will reflect that..

I have very little tolerance for illogical, unscientific BS that simply makes zero sense.

Dinosaurs never existed = the earth is flat = we did not go to the moon...........cringe-worthy, imo.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
I wonder if they can get DNA from them. China's big on genetic modification. I wouldn't put it past them.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not very likely. DNA has a half life of 521 years which renders it unusable around 1 million years give or take. There have been a few random claims of finding intact and older DNA but it typically turns out to be laborotory contamination unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here's an opinion from a website called "Answers in Genesis".

Interestingly, the word “dragon” is used a number of times in the Old Testament. In most instances, the word dinosaur could substitute for dragon and it would fit very nicely. Creation scientists believe that dinosaurs were called dragons before the word dinosaur was invented in the 1800s. We would not expect to find the word dinosaur in Bibles like the Authorized Version (1611), as it was translated well before the word dinosaur was ever used.

Also, there are many very old history books in various libraries around the world that have detailed records of dragons and their encounters with people. Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly for creationists), many of these descriptions of dragons fit with how modern scientists would describe dinosaurs, even Tyrannosaurus. Unfortunately, this evidence is not considered valid by evolutionists. Why? Only because their belief is that man and dinosaurs did not live at the same time!

However, the more we research the historical literature, the more we realize there is overwhelming evidence that dragons were real beasts, much like our modern reconstructions of dinosaurs, and that their existence has been recorded by many different people, even just hundreds of years ago.

volutionists use their imagination in a big way in answering this question. Because of their belief that dinosaurs “ruled” the world for millions of years, and then disappeared millions of years before man allegedly evolved, they have had to come up with all sorts of guesses to explain this “mysterious” disappearance.

When reading evolutionist literature, you will be astonished at the range of ideas concerning their supposed extinction. The following is just a small list of theories:

Dinosaurs starved to death; they died from overeating; they were poisoned; they became blind from cataracts and could not reproduce; mammals ate their eggs. Other causes include volcanic dust, poisonous gases, comets, sunspots, meteorites, mass suicide, constipation, parasites, shrinking brain (and greater stupidity), slipped discs, changes in the composition of air, etc.
It is obvious that evolutionists don’t know what happened and are grasping at straws

link to source article

Evolutionists are quite smug until you get down to the nitty-gritty.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Well THERE'S a reliable source! Answers in Genesis has no bias whatsoever and can source all of their hocus pocus with legitimate citations after all right? Oh wait... Ken Ham has an agenda? You don't say. He thinks the earth is only 6000 years old? It must be true then because Ken Ham says so and its printed on the interwebzzzz.

On a serious note, your source is complete confirmation bias at its finest. The citations are biblical passages and not a single real scientific paper or article supports this hokum.

To call a paper or article "evolutionist literature" is completely ludicrous. Any paper dealing with Dinosaurs will be written by a Paleontologist, not an "evolutionist". Your source also makes bizarre claims regarding the demise of the Dinosaurs which are equally ludicrous. They quite simply are gone as a result of the KT Extinction event. There is no question at all about that. Ken Hams counter argument against valid and peer reviewed data is simply that Noah's Flood killed all land animals not on the Ark. But Ken can't support that statement, he's the PT Barnum of YEC proponents. He just wants your money for his pet projects, he doesn't care what you believe.

Engage in a little due diligence and don't just go for the confirmation biased websites because it agrees with your preconceived ideation. And people who believe in the Theory of Evolution are smug? Hold up a mirror next time you type that out.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not very likely. DNA has a half life of 521 years which renders it unusable around 1 million years give or take. There have been a few random claims of finding intact and older DNA but it typically turns out to be laboratory contamination unfortunately.
there is a method developed near the end of the human genome project. It was called the shotgun approach and it relied on PCR amplification of DNA fragments. to an extent the more fragmented the better.

essentially if you had a complete set of DNA you had to break it up into smaller bits. the amplification gave you enough lengths of it to compare side by side with the other fragments and with enough comparisons you could reconstruct the completed genome.

They used this as a check of the competing human genome project technology and there was almost no difference between the products of either technique.

So it is not outside the realm of the likely that you could reconstruct the DNA of extinct and damaged samples with a large enough pool of genetic material no matter how old and broken.

and of course there are short cuts. you can use existing relatives even distant ones to fill in the majority of the missing DNA information.

once you have a true copy of the DNA and chromosomal arrangements you can splice in the unique parts of the creature's DNA. we are close to the point where we can print out DNA precisely. With egg laying species it would be relatively easy to resurrect an extinct fish or most extinct reptiles.

This assumes that the spindle material that we have found DNA to be wound around in modern biochemistry studies is not so radically different that it makes the germ cells non viable through inability to replicate during cell division.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I don't ever rule out anything being completely impossible. Just look at what we can do with DNA no compared to 20 years ago so with new tech and improved sampling techniques its not beyond hope. The reality is though that the oldest DNA recovered intact is from a 70 KA Neanderthal and that's currently the upper limit of what we can do technologically and if the estimated half life is accurate, we're still stuck at 1 MA as an unbreakable wall. For now at least.

Another thing that is being worked on as a result of the Neanderthal Genome Project is being able to locate fragments of earlier hominid DNA in modern humans. Besides the Neanderthal and Denisovan DNA, its hypothesized right now that we should be able to locate even older lineages lurking in the code even without a reference sample. Eventually, this could lead us to an extraordinarily accurate phylogenetic tree by tracing these genes backwards. The more we know, the more there is learn and to me, that's the best part of all of this.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Don't forget the Hot Sauce..!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

They are in China, Khaleesi... they're in China.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

THANK YOU for posting this for me! I read this 2 days ago but was gobsmacked as to where to post it. I did a search as to where to post it in here and everything from breaking news, to creationism, to civilizations popped up, so I said hell with it, the story was cool as hell, but I'll let one of you guys figure out where the story was going to go. LOL Thank you taking at least one story off my hands.

(It's still a VERY cool story! I especially liked how one worker tried to steal 2 eggs, and the other workers formed a chain and prevented the worker from absconding with the 2 eggs so the poor worker was left with no eggs. Good on them!)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Now, I'm posting this story because, like many here, I am a history buff and discoveries such as this go a long way in verifying our very ancient and mysterious past. I wonder what Dino the eggs came from?

I would also love for this shelia to comment on this discovery because, in my humble and non-scientific opinion, satan did not plant the bloody eggs there to deceive mankind..but, I could be wrong

Scarily, it would, or would not, surprise you what some Christians believe. Scarily, even some non-Christians who believe we just *poof* popped up on Earth out of a primordial ooze and the Earth is still flat. Yeah, they really do believe that. Ask Sheriee Shephard on the View, she believes the Earth is flat and if you try and explain differently, she looks at you like you are possessed. I used to watch the show until they brought that nut job on. Even more scary, some schools TEACH THIS to kids! That the Earth is still flat and dinosaurs never existed. Lord knows what other nonsense those kids are taught.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I'm not a Ken Ham fan myself, it was an easy article to find. But the word dinosaur didn't even exist until recently, and more than likely were what was referred to "dragons" in the Bible. The story of Noah's ark and creation science has just as much if not more empirical evidence than the evolutionist theory. Anyway it's always nice to find dragon eggs.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There are many Christians that believe there is over a billion years between the first couple verses in Genesis. They bible does give a description of what seems to be a dinosaur. Marco Polo reportedly described seeing live T Rex in China when he was there, which would suggest that they made it on Noahs Ark, probably some babies. Yes I believe in Noahs Ark, because my family came from Mount Ararat, and peoiple from our city had been on it before.
As far as the world being flat.... You guys are aware that the Bible describes it as circular. I cant remember where that verse was, but I did see that. There are also descriptions of other beings coming down and taking which ever wives they wanted, and they were punished for that. Its likely they were on other planets, building structures a billion years ago.
Its not the bible that is hiding stuff from you. Its our governments that are. They do it to remove our God given freedom, and to control us with lies. There is a chance there may be a few dinos alive today, possibly in the Amazon.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

I'm not a Ken Ham fan myself, it was an easy article to find.

In other words, laziness was easier than due diligence so why bother with facts when confirmation bias will do just fine.

But the word dinosaur didn't even exist until recently, and more than likely were what was referred to "dragons" in the Bible.

Why exactly is it "more than likely" that the dragons mentioned in the KJV Bible were dinosaurs? How do you reconcile the fact that dinosaurs were gone for just over 60 MA before the first bipedal hominids walked Eastern Africa?

You are aware that there have been other relatives of Monitors far larger than the Komodo right? There are many examples one could give that far better represent depictions in the bible than creatures that have been extinct for 65 MA

The story of Noah's ark and creation science has just as much if not more empirical evidence than the evolutionist theory. Anyway it's always nice to find dragon eggs.

Then please start a thread that will demonstrate this evidence because I've looked and it simply doesn't exist. The Noah story is not just implausible its literally impossible. And creation has nothing to do with science so there is no such thing as creation science. In science, you publish papers that can be checked by others working in the same or related fields. No creationist masquerading under the guise of science has ever published a paper demonstrating the viability of their work.

Why not address the actual issues I pointed out instead of running with a tangent on the merits of being a proponent of YEC?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Maybe they're just coprolites.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

There's nothing more delightful than fossilized poo!

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

From a really big rabbit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join