It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell Introduces Bill to Reauthorize Patriot Act Until 2020, thwarts reform

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

The 'Patriot Act' is unAmerican and BAD for the people. Anyone that supports this Bill is on the wrong side of the issue. McConnell is a tool of the big money progressives.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I doubt that is the case. This isn't the first time in the country's history that we've had legislation similar to the PATRIOT Act.

Enforcement Act of 1871

If the state repeal such things before, it can be done again.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This isn't going to be a popular post, but I've said it before. . .

If you support higher taxes, this is the kind of crap that it will fund.

It won't "feed the children", it won't "help the poor".

It'll fund bigger government, more intrusive government.

If we don't fight back on higher taxes, if we keep voting in big spenders that will vote for crap like this, then I don't see why so many are complaining!

I've been against crap like this from the start; any type of funding, any type of politician that votes for this deserves to be run out and tarred and feathered.

But everyone oohs and ahhhs at the social liberals with their awesome platforms and their smooth speeches, and the supposed badass conservatives who will stab you in the back AND take a picture of it for their NSA records!

Vote for whomever you wish.
Support whatever platform you like.

But don't be complaining when the federal government prison-rapes you in the middle of the night.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

"Feeding the children" and "helping the poor" are simply bigger, more intrusive government because the government gets to dictate the terms of those transactions.

Why do you think so many of us are in favor of adding odious strings to the deal? If you won't learn figure it out on your own, then you need to be taught.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: crazyewok

I bet any politician that votes against will end up with a IRS "audit" and a suffer a "scandal"

Check it out

In case anyone is forgetting history the last time people were against the patriot act they found themselves as targets of the Anthrax attacks. This was the second round, after the media was quieted.

You'll notice 2 people who were the ones who were targeted by anthrax letters and seemed to be against the final patriot act (not in full but parts of it stepping too far), were then the ones who worked to pass the full patriot act just days later.

So if anyone here expects the New Patriot Act to not go into effect.. You are probably wrong.

I mean they do the Computer monitoring, Tax audits, vehicle stops, and Jury Duty for guys like me.. Anyone with any sort of power though... And if you have Kids.. I wish the world wasn't like this, but it's just gangs and bigger gangs.. And the biggest gang has the authority of the "law."
Not really sure how you stop a Gang, but I do recall the Kennedys working on that.

Yikes so much for subtlety.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: crazyewok

Fine you can make that thread, and I won't comment because I don't understand UK politics just like you don't fully understand US politics.

Well I like to learn and understand, I am not insular to the outside world.

UK politics is pretty much the same. A bunch of corrupt bastards that sell there souls sit in a room and vote for # thats in there best intrest.
But instead of only 2 party we have 5 to spreed the BS and a PM instead of a President.

Aside from that its pretty much the same.

Well except you have a constitution. But that does not seem to bother your politicians much

Anyway you now earn a certificate to comment on any UK political thread as you now know how it works

So to sum it up, bunch of shills sit in a room and vote for there own self interests, same as USA, Same as Canada, Australia et al Western nations.

edit on 22-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Mitch McConnell is my least favorite legislator... and that's saying something.

Every time I hear of some bill that screws average citizens out of rights and/or finances, degrades the environment or kills anything else good and decent in favor of powerful special interests... there he is.

Nobody is more thoroughly corrupt, bought and sold as he is... despicable.

I bet he eats babies and kicks puppies, too (or vice versa).

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I also find it funny that people are okay with ACA/Obamacare with government having access to their private health records, yet with the Patriot Act, they get upset about invasion of privacy!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

But don't be complaining when the federal government prison-rapes you in the middle of the night.

Just take a deep breath and try to enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I also find it funny that people are okay with ACA/Obamacare with government having access to their private health records, yet with the Patriot Act, they get upset about invasion of privacy!

I don't know anyone who is in support of obamacare.. In fact it's what makes me lean super fiscal conservative these days even though I am in favor of programs that actually help people.. Roads, public schools.. And then I know of no one anymore who likes the patriot act.. I remember there beign a lot of support for it in 2001.. But that faded.

So you can count me as against all that bs.

Also you should partake in the word some.. Then you get "some people" on your side.

edit on 23-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Even when The bill doesn't pass the NSA Will continue what they're doing. After all it was illegal when they did it under the patriot act, so what's going to stop them from doing it when it's illegal without the patriot act.

I think the difference is one is illegal and the other isn't.
It is kind of hard to admit evidence obtained illegally in a public venue while they do not have that pesky problem now.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Bilk22

Anyone that votes to reauthorize this POS should be impeached and then sent to jail for violating the Constitution.

I bet any politician that votes against will end up with a IRS "audit" and a suffer a "scandal"

Alright that's enough. After your comments today it's completely obvious to me you don't have a clue what is actually going on in American politics. Aren't you from the UK, the land of CCTV? And don't you have your own political election going on right now?

Maybe you should be less concerned with American politics and more concerned with cleaning the crap out of your own backyard.

I wish our country would do the same as well given the hundreds of bases spreaded across the globe on the tax payers dime and countless wars in the last 30 years

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I always answer I agree . When that canned and completely not original response you made is repeated time after time after time.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

a reply to: jacobe001

I always answer I agree . When that canned and completely not original response you made is repeated time after time after time.

US of America was a great country, and it can be again..
If we take it back.. Back to being United States... It's in the name..

coup, coup said the owl..

Otherwise you will be seeing policies to weaken your freedom from here on out. And policies to make sure you kids don't even know what that freedom even means, while still using the word freedom quite a lot..

The US mind control has to be some of the best in the world if not THE best. Russia isn't half bad at it either. Israel is up there too. But in America they have gone to great lengths (I said They, oops.. ) to make almost all issues right vs left.. It's amazing to watch.. If it's not this then it's the opposite of this.. Dun dun dun.. Ok so "they" are saying they didn't do it, so that means they did do it.. Dun dun dun, there can only ever be 2 answers... Never critical thinking.. Never any more than 2 answers. Other countries have to measure it out with more subtlety, but not here..

One of the people in this very thread... And trust me I have ZERO love for obama... This is a mind control technique, although on ATS lets call it a thread control technique.. Stay focused and love being wrong, and every time someone says something you don't know about or disagree with, don't auto disagree.. Look into their position too.. Do say 2 internet searches per response.. It feels good for your brain.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

You Echo my feelings with part of that statement. But I can summon mine up in a few words, " if you don't look at both sides of an issue you are being programmed not informed".

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You Echo my feelings with part of that statement. But I can summon mine up in a few words, " if you don't look at both sides of an issue you are being programmed not informed".

You are talking again about the same programming I was JUST talking about..

It's not BOTH sides. There are thousands of sides...

If you are introduced an issue, it's not just yes or no... It's not opposites...

It's WAY more than 2 sides. The entire frame it's in might be too small or too large.. The angle you come in from may be wrong.. There are so many variables.. Usually what it is is they tell 95% of the truth, and you assume it's all correct.. And then assume you have to think it's all incorrect to have any other view point.. It's more complex. It's not looking at both sides... It's looking at the curved surface, and determining where it is where it is going, and where do you want to be.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

You are talking again about the same programming I was JUST talking about..

It's not BOTH sides. There are thousands of sides...

If you are introduced an issue, it's not just yes or no... It's not opposites...

It's WAY more than 2 sides. The entire frame it's in might be too small or too large.. The angle you come in from may be wrong.. There are so many variables.. Usually what it is is they tell 95% of the truth, and you assume it's all correct.. And then assume you have to think it's all incorrect to have any other view point.. It's more complex. It's not looking at both sides... It's looking at the curved surface, and determining where it is where it is going, and where do you want to be.

The logic is still in that reply.

But I have to say, to me it is a black and white issue, do you morally and consciously agree with a particular subject ? Yes or no.

The thousands of other sides/angles, are just variables to help one achieve a yes or no opinion.

Like I said when I make my mind up after being well-informed I simply agree or don't agree. The only time I say I am sitting on the fence is when I'm awaiting more evidence.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

You can say Yes or No to something that isn't even what you think it is... Then BOTH sides are wrong.. (democrats, and republicans for instance)

This is what I am telling you.

I've done this in the past, so people can only see two options.. But really the only right answer isn't even in the QUESTION... You are choosing a false dichotomy.. It's like splitting a fish into 8 pieces, giving you one half of the head and saying that's your issue.. You didn't even see the flank or the tail or the fins.. So your are picking a side based on "Not a whole Fish"

That's how you get to the other sides.. You change the window frame.. You change the question..

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Too bad nobody has ever realized that the two sides are a distraction. Like two teams playing against each other. What's really going on is the bribes and extortion of fixed games behind the scenes. Doesn't matter if it's republican or democrat, they all bend a knee to money. And if someone has more, they get more, they push their agenda and slither their way into accumulating more power and then eventually more wealth. What's wrong is people are too materialistic. They want to have tons of junk, be "rich" because they've been brainwashed into thinking that's where happiness and social status is going be, and call if being 'American' or 'Capitalists.' Simplify your life, stop supporting them, stop depending on them, and their wealth will die out. Find true happiness in life with simple things. Work hard and see good for your hard work.
a reply to: crazyewok

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

Thank you.

You've got a lot of the game figured out.

It's why getting out of the system is looked at as evil.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join