It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell Introduces Bill to Reauthorize Patriot Act Until 2020, thwarts reform

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I am now "flipping the bird" at every idiot in DC who votes for this traitorous bill.

More useful is to find out who your local Representative is and see if he/she votes for it then next election do you best to kick them out.
edit on 22-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

If I said what I really felt they'd probably arrest me.

(post by Greathouse removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Of course the patriot act will be reauthorized and probably expanded.

Surveillance of the American citizens is big business with all types of government sub contractors scanning the data bases for malcontents.
They probably have a whole division dedicated to ATS.

The irony of this whole deal is that the taxpayers are paying for surveillance on themselves and the contractors are reaping the obscene profits thru government contracts. Usually nobid due to corruption, nepotism, kickbacks and favors to the lobbyist.

As in all things war/security/protecting the homeland related....follow the money!
Need a job? It's a growth industry....

edit on 22-4-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

If I said what I really felt they'd probably arrest me.

You don't have to say it out loud any more. Thanks to the mass surveillance, they most likely already know what you are thinking.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like they might be calling Obama's bluff.

I see thread derailment is in full force here.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I bet any politician that votes against will end up with a IRS "audit" and a suffer a "scandal"

Well that's a sucker bet if I've ever heard one! Unless... hmmm... okay...

I'll see your audit and/or scandal and raise you an out-of-control vehicle or other transportation "accident"...

Anyone want to call suicided by staple gun in the small of the back?

Seriously, as much as I hate to even think it -- much less believe it -- the sad and shameful truth is that's pretty much where we're at nowadays... with or without the "Patriot" Act. Trust is dead.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lgbtlivesmatter
I know 3 that will vote against it!

Rand Paul

Ted Cruz

Mike lee

I hope you're right! I tend to agree, but this is exactly the kind of vote I'll be keeping an eye on... especially for the declared presidential contenders.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: Bilk22

Anyone that votes to reauthorize this POS should be impeached and then sent to jail for violating the Constitution.

I bet any politician that votes against will end up with a IRS "audit" and a suffer a "scandal"

Alright that's enough. After your comments today it's completely obvious to me you don't have a clue what is actually going on in American politics. Aren't you from the UK, the land of CCTV? And don't you have your own political election going on right now?

Maybe you should be less concerned with American politics and more concerned with cleaning the crap out of your own backyard.

I agree, and I'm born and bred in the good old US of A from a long line of others... This is EXACTLY where we're at as countless ATS threads attest.... as the PTB have so carefully planned and maneuvered and manipulated themselves to be...

Am I missing something? Or are you really saying that political retaliation is not a fact and to be expected?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Check it out

In case anyone is forgetting history the last time people were against the patriot act they found themselves as targets of the Anthrax attacks. This was the second round, after the media was quieted.

You'll notice 2 people who were the ones who were targeted by anthrax letters and seemed to be against the final patriot act (not in full but parts of it stepping too far), were then the ones who worked to pass the full patriot act just days later.

So if anyone here expects the New Patriot Act to not go into effect.. You are probably wrong.

I mean they do the Computer monitoring, Tax audits, vehicle stops, and Jury Duty for guys like me.. Anyone with any sort of power though... And if you have Kids.. I wish the world wasn't like this, but it's just gangs and bigger gangs.. And the biggest gang has the authority of the "law."
Not really sure how you stop a Gang, but I do recall the Kennedys working on that.
edit on 22-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

DAMMIT! Why won't this legislation ever die!?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

What I was saying was with the single-minded drive to criticize anything American. People get distracted and fail to recognize their own countries problems.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I tried to vote him out of office, but the majority of the people in the KY primary were too stupid to know what they were doing...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Lets get him, tar and feathers anyone? Im sick of idiots thinking they know what is best for us.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

There are two different brands of Republican -- The establishment and the TEA Party ones. McConnell is establishment all the way. I don't trust him or Boehner any further than I can throw them.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
The Patriot Act.
It never should have been.
It will never go away.

Just like Obamacare and every other policy that gives government more power.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs

Mitch McConnell- Republican.
Hmmmm so much for the republicans being for "small government" eh?

(Before some partisan numbskull interjects im no fan of democrats either, it just happens the Senator in this case is republican)

small gummint, yes, but most GOPs also belive in gummint performing constitutionally-authorized functions, like defense and security.
let's continue DHS and stop funding things like subsidized housing and medical care (which the Constitution does NOT authorize).

'Scuse me? DHS is a travesty, too. We already had perfectly functional departments to take care of what DHS now pretends to do.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Fine you can make that thread, and I won't comment because I don't understand UK politics just like you don't fully understand US politics.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dude... look at the poster's name. Of COURSE he's gonna wave the pom-poms for DHS. All other big gubmint is bad but not DHS. Cause he friggin' works for them.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

DAMMIT! Why won't this legislation ever die!?

Mainly because We the People Refuse to. If they could simply lobotomize us and chain us all to our permanent slave jobs, then they wouldn't have to keep up the surveillance. Life is tough when you hold the reigns of power over an angry and not fully pacified population.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join