It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McConnell Introduces Bill to Reauthorize Patriot Act Until 2020, thwarts reform

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
McConnell Introduces Bill to Reauthorize Patriot Act Until 2020. The move may thwart any attempt to reform the NSA’s mass-surveillance authorities

April 21 2015

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell introduced a bill Tuesday night that would reauthorize a controversial surveillance authority of the Patriot Act until 2020, a push that comes just as a group of bipartisan lawmakers is preparing a last-minute push to rein in the government's mass-spying powers.

The bill is: S. 1035

McConnell, a puppet of private money, opposes a bipartisan group trying to make some attempt at reforming the mass surveillance state, extending the Patriot Act without question until 2020.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
McConnell Introduces Bill to Reauthorize Patriot Act Until 2020. The move may thwart any attempt to reform the NSA’s mass-surveillance authorities

April 21 2015

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell introduced a bill Tuesday night that would reauthorize a controversial surveillance authority of the Patriot Act until 2020, a push that comes just as a group of bipartisan lawmakers is preparing a last-minute push to rein in the government's mass-spying powers.

The bill is: S. 1035

McConnell, a puppet of private money, opposes a bipartisan group trying to make some attempt at reforming the mass surveillance state, extending the Patriot Act without question until 2020.
Anyone that votes to reauthorize this POS should be impeached and then sent to jail for violating the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Looks like they might be calling Obama's bluff.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Mitch McConnell- Republican.

Hmmmm so much for the republicans being for "small government" eh?

(Before some partisan numbskull interjects im no fan of democrats either, it just happens the Senator in this case is republican)

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like they might be calling Obama's bluff.

What are you blabbering on about here?

Or did you just want to insert the name Obama into the thread?

Last I check Obama would be more than happy for this to pass as the democrats are just as in love with the patriot act as the republicans.
edit on 22-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Even when The bill doesn't pass the NSA Will continue what they're doing. After all it was illegal when they did it under the patriot act, so what's going to stop them from doing it when it's illegal without the patriot act.
edit on 22-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Anyone that votes to reauthorize this POS should be impeached and then sent to jail for violating the Constitution.

I bet any politician that votes against will end up with a IRS "audit" and a suffer a "scandal"

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I believe there's only one republican really calling for smaller government. And it damn sure ain't Mitch McConnell.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Bullcrap. There are some here that love to smear politics all over everything much like they probably consume unnaturally large quantities of KY. But the ugly truth is, all of this has a common, basic core.

The elites/1%ers have become increasingly uneasy in recent years. They see what's happening around the world as citizenries get crushed by increasingly disparate economics and from the fallout of lopsided and reckless financial activities at the top. They need things like The Patriot Act, War on Terror, militarized police, etc. to protect them and what's theirs. the political system, the military, the police... these are their minions; the buffer between them and us. That's all. Some day you'll learn... not everything is about Obama and your sycophantic obsession with politics.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's an oxymoron.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I think Obama wants to insert stronger more oppressive language.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know 3 that will vote against it!

Rand Paul

Ted Cruz

Mike lee

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I bet any politician that votes against will end up with a IRS "audit" and a suffer a "scandal"

Alright that's enough. After your comments today it's completely obvious to me you don't have a clue what is actually going on in American politics. Aren't you from the UK, the land of CCTV? And don't you have your own political election going on right now?

Maybe you should be less concerned with American politics and more concerned with cleaning the crap out of your own backyard.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Patriot Act.
It never should have been.
It will never go away.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Mitch McConnell- Republican.
Hmmmm so much for the republicans being for "small government" eh?

(Before some partisan numbskull interjects im no fan of democrats either, it just happens the Senator in this case is republican)

small gummint, yes, but most GOPs also belive in gummint performing constitutionally-authorized functions, like defense and security.
let's continue DHS and stop funding things like subsidized housing and medical care (which the Constitution does NOT authorize).

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Alright that's enough. After your comments today it's completely obvious to me you don't have a clue what is actually going on in American politics. Aren't you from the UK, the land of CCTV? And don't you have your own political election going on right now?

Maybe you should be less concerned with American politics and more concerned with cleaning the crap out of your own backyard.

1) International Forum
2) International Forum
3) International forum.

And yes I know enough to know you brought in a act restricting your rights and both main stream Republicans and democrat seem to support it. And I know enough that your two party congress is broken and corrupt to the core, a monkey can see that.

If you dont like my comments? TOUGH

Go join a USA only forum.

Make a thread on UK CCTV or corruption and I will be happy to comment.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It matters not, the parameters of the PA will never go away. It is a control tactic pure and simple. If you are deemed a threat in any way that makes tptb uncomfortable, your butt will be locked up without any rights...besides, keeping the border wide open is no problem, these traitors see the American citizens as the problem, arm anyone but us...
edit on 22-4-2015 by teslahowitzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Quite aware it's an international fourm. And I'm quite aware that you missed the point of any reply almost any time it's given.

The point was clean the crap up in your own backyard before you attempt to fix ours.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am now "flipping the bird" at every idiot in DC who votes for this traitorous bill.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Quite aware it's an international fourm. And I'm quite aware that you missed the point of any reply almost any time it's given.

The point was clean the crap up in your own backyard before you attempt to fix ours.

Im not attempting to fix anyone's backyard.

Just pointing out how broken yours is as the voting US public seems to be a dumb as the voting UK public and doesn't realized how up # creek they are.

This is a international forum and I can comment were the # I want. So put up or shut up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join