It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite lower crime rates, support for gun rights increases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Is a nation filled with guns, a nation in which every citizens are in a mini-cold war with his neighbour ("At the first sign of trouble we'll shoot each other and ask questions later"), the true and ultimate goal of the Constitution?

I don't shoot my neighbors.

I know that my opinion of this matter will be thoroughly rejected.

Pretty much.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Jim Jefferies makes a few good observations.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's the same every time, the talk is divided in to responsible gun owners and criminals, what is then ignored is that daily responsible gun owners becomes criminals when using their guns in a wrong way.

It isn't only gangs and thief's killing/hurting people, it is also seemingly normal people with access to guns, snapping or stupidity and accidents.

Put it all together and there is a problem, it will not solve anything to give people more guns for protection, when often these people use the gun to kill others when they can't take it anymore.

But, as it is now in the US, it wont help to take the guns away or give more guns, people will still use the guns in wrongly matter, responsible or criminal.

There is no solution to this problem.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD
Yes, there is a whole thread dedicated to his lameness.
Link to ATS thread discussing how funny/lame Jim Jefferies is...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Vasa, can you put the text up in quotations so we can see an example of what you mean?

That does seem like a very sneaky trick honestly.

I would have thought swanne above that type of thing honestly.

That is dirty debate tactics right there.

We all make mistakes, but erasing what you said with no record of editing while the others response remains intact......that is really low.

Swanne, we argue, we agree, but seriously?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Vasa, can you put the text up in quotations so we can see an example of what you mean?

That does seem like a very sneaky trick honestly.

I would have thought swanne above that type of thing honestly.

That is dirty debate tactics right there.

We all make mistakes, but erasing what you said with no record of editing while the others response remains intact......that is really low.

Swanne, we argue, we agree, but seriously?

Awaiting a staff reply right now on this so I can't comment.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

The solution is enforcement of existing laws. A slap on the wrist does nothing to deter repeat offenders.

Why people don't get outraged about not enforcing existing laws and begging for new ones amazes me.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

The solution is enforcement of existing laws. A slap on the wrist does nothing to deter repeat offenders.

Why people don't get outraged about not enforcing existing laws and begging for new ones amazes me.

Completely agree....if there are laws for people committing crimes with weapons, then why are those people being let go with probation?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!

ENOUGH!

You will STOP discussing each other and will remain on topic!

If there are issues with anything, alert those posts.

THEN MOVE ON!

Anymore discussion of each other will result in post removals and Post Bans will be handed out!

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Understandable.

Imagine the depths of misinformation possible on this site if some can change their replies without an edit tag.

The responders would always be made to look bad.

I have gone back and reedited after I edited and another replied.

Though it made my argument weaker, it was the only intellectually honest thing to do.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Im not sure why we here in the UK aren't all too afraid to step outside and barricade ourselves in our homes with metal shutters on our windows and doors considering we aren't allowed to own guns.

We don't live in fear, neither should you or are we made of sterner stuff? Even our police aren't armed and have to call in special armed response units if there are reports of potential guns being in use in a crime.

The psyche is one of fear, fear each other, not a good place to be in.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ahh you must be one of the 10% lol

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

It does beg the question.

At what point have you made illegal activity illegal enough?

I mean stealing is illegal, making it more illegal by passing 100 laws staying stealing is illegal won't stop those that steal.

It is just the law makers trying to justify their existence by passing laws.

At some point people need to realise, every time they pass another law, it is that much less freedom you have.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Makes me laugh seeing a Christian owning a gun, I mean I can really see Jesus walking down the street withan AK47 if he ever comes back.
edit on 21-4-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK
Im not sure why we here in the UK aren't all too afraid to step outside and barricade ourselves in our homes with metal shutters on our windows and doors considering we aren't allowed to own guns.

We don't live in fear, neither should you or are we made of sterner stuff? Even our police aren't armed and have to call in special armed response units if there are reports of potential guns being in use in a crime.

The psyche is one of fear, fear each other, not a good place to be in.

As far as I know, we don't do that either. A gun is just a gun....consider it a book or whatever. I don't live in fear either. I simply like to be prepared.

Let me put it another way...people prepare for everything. You go grocery shopping to prepare for meals, you save money to prepare for a purchase. It doesn't mean you go grocery shopping every day or make a purchase every day, but when you do need to make a purchase or want to cook a meal at home, you prepare for it. The mindset is similar in this respect. I don't use my guns every day, but I do like to be prepared if one is needed, or if I want to go to the range.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I agree on the "slap on the wrist" doesn't do any good.

Laws doesn't help anything, laws will just be used to punish or simply being annoying for normal people, but very rarely prevent.

If a guy/girl decides to kill his family, the last thing on his mind is the law.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Books don't kill people.

Being prepared is a weak excuse when in reality you will never need to use it.

It's like saying I should be allowed to have an RPG, you know just in case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join