It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite lower crime rates, support for gun rights increases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: ProleUK
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Books don't kill people.

Being prepared is a weak excuse when in reality you will never need to use it.

It's like saying I should be allowed to have an RPG, you know just in case.

Except that I have had to use it.

But hey...let's all take the advice of someone that has no guns, and never had to use one......

Oh....and guns don't kill people either....do me a favor and set on on the coffee table and see how long it takes jump off the table and kill....kinda like a book...it requires HUMAN interaction....

You had to use it, I certainly don't know the circumstances of that situation but there are many Countries that don't allow armed citizens, they don't live in fear. They don't need gun ownership nor do they want or demand it, why is the USA citizen so different?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Makes me laugh seeing a Christian owning a gun, I mean I can really see Jesus walking down the street withan AK47 if he ever comes back.

How are you able to tell a Christian from any other religion when you see them?

And seriously.....your point of view is that we in the US carry AK's around with us? Now that would just be incredibly heavy and awkward to get in and out of my car with.

It is exactly this point of view that baffles me.......

there are plenty of people in the us who proudly state they are Christian whilst defending the right to bear arms.

Christ would be anti gun, seems faith wains depending on the issue.

Well good for them....however, what does owning a gun and being a Christian have anything to do with one another? I am not Christian and I own guns, but even if I were religious in any fashion, it would have no bearing on my owning guns.

Do you care about what car you drive because of your religion?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Books don't kill people.

Being prepared is a weak excuse when in reality you will never need to use it.

It's like saying I should be allowed to have an RPG, you know just in case.

Except that I have had to use it.

But hey...let's all take the advice of someone that has no guns, and never had to use one......

Oh....and guns don't kill people either....do me a favor and set on on the coffee table and see how long it takes jump off the table and kill....kinda like a book...it requires HUMAN interaction....

You had to use it, I certainly don't know the circumstances of that situation but there are many Countries that don't allow armed citizens, they don't live in fear. They don't need gun ownership nor do they want or demand it, why is the USA citizen so different?

I seriously don't understand where you are getting that I live in fear. I don't at all. I have a very fun life and am able to do a lot with my family when I want....without any fear involved.

And I really don't care what other countries have in the way of laws for their citizens. There are plenty that live in poverty because of their governments laws, and I would not want to be there either.

America is different because we have the freedom to own guns if we want to....it is written into our country's history....why do you care if we do or don't?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I didn't say you as an individual were a Christian, you're Country is a Christian based Country.

There are many practising Christians who do carry guns. It is anti_christ in every way.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I didn't say you as an individual were a Christian, you're Country is a Christian based Country.

There are many practising Christians who do carry guns. It is anti_christ in every way.

Can you quote me a verse in the bible that says you can't have a weapon? You seriously think the first Christians didn't? They simply talked their way into a major religion? No wars or anything involved?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You have guns to shoot people, its sole purpose, what does that say about the pschye of a citizen in a country that feels the need to have an armed population.

if you carry a gun, you are living in fear.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You have guns to shoot people, its sole purpose, what does that say about the pschye of a citizen in a country that feels the need to have an armed population.

if you carry a gun, you are living in fear.

No...actually I began buying guns because I hunt...they shoot animals too. And like I said....I have no reason to live in fear....I have a well protected neighborhood of gun owners. It is those of the criminal element that should be in fear when they enter a home in my neighborhood. I don't want to have to wait for a police car to arrive after 2-5 minutes IF someone in the house is able to call them. I have a family of 5. I choose to protect them in the manner in which I choose. It is of no concern to you as long as you are not one of those breaking into my home or trying to cause injury to my family.....

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

Sorry but you are wrong . A guns sole porpose is not to kill people . I have many weapons , some were my grandfathers , some were mine when I lived on my farm and needed rifles/shotguns/pistols for fox and coyote that killed my chickens , and snakes . I also used them for target shooting which is just flat out fun . And hunting .

They are/were just tools of a farmer and nothing more . I now keep them because of the mechanics and engineering is beautiful . I do not have one round for any of my weapons . If we are heading to the range to target shoot I will purchase a box or two of ammo on the way .

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So as a hunter with a family you have your guns responsibly locked away in a gun safe?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

So as a hunter with a family you have your guns responsibly locked away in a gun safe?

Interesting. Before I answer, I would like to understand why this matters to you? Do you have all of your knives in your house locked away? My kids have cut themselves on accident before but never shot themselves.....
edit on 4/21/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If you are afraid to answer then just dont.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If you are afraid to answer then just dont.

If you are afraid of guns then just dont.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hmmm...maybe you guys need more babies and kids shot in the face by their brothers by mistake, or schoolkids mowed down by a crazy teenager. Maybe Sandy Hook v2, V3, V4...AD INFINITUM will sway everyone to arm themselves! Yeeeeeehawwwww partner! Afer all, you have a totally irrelevant in the 21st century law that says you guys can bear arms..no other argument needed right? Somebody wrote it down hundreds of years ago...no need to update anything in the year 2015.

Guns for everyone, baby..in fact babies should have them too!! Its the only way you will ALL be safe.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Hmmm...maybe you guys need more babies and kids shot in the face by their brothers by mistake, or schoolkids mowed down by a crazy teenager. Maybe Sandy Hook v2, V3, V4...AD INFINITUM will sway everyone to arm themselves! Yeeeeeehawwwww partner! Afer all, you have a totally irrelevant in the 21st century law that says you guys can bear arms..no other argument needed right? Somebody wrote it down hundreds of years ago...no need to update anything in the year 2015.

Guns for everyone, baby..in fact babies should have them too!! Its the only way you will ALL be safe.

Yep...that is exactly what we are saying. Brilliant argument! As you say....Yeeeeehhhaaaaaawwwww (because all gun owners are redneck cowboys right) /sarcasm

While you're at it, why not just burn the Constitution since one of the amendments doesn't suit your fancy? So, once we start striking the foundations this country was built on, where do YOU propose we stop?

What is sad is that THIS is the same argument over and over. And YES it IS part of our rights from our founding fathers, so that DOES trump anything else.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yep...that is exactly what we are saying. Brilliant argument! As you say....Yeeeeehhhaaaaaawwwww (because all gun owners are redneck cowboys right) /sarcasm

While you're at it, why not just burn the Constitution since one of the amendments doesn't suit your fancy? So, once we start striking the foundations this country was built on, where do YOU propose we stop?

What is sad is that THIS is the same argument over and over. And YES it IS part of our rights from our founding fathers, so that DOES trump anything else.

No, what is sad is that you guys advocate more guns while your loved ones, kids and families are torn apart by gun crime. Thats whats sad.

And i say "you" because thanks god i dont live in the USA.
edit on 21-4-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Dodging the question speaks volumes, but thats your right.

I think everyone should be afraid of guns and the people holding them. If you don't respect and fear the gun then accidents will happen. Isn't that what they teach you at fire arms safety classes? Not that that stops all accidents happening, or non criminals going crazy and having a shooting spree.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In Norway in 2011, where firearms are not allowed, a shooter killed 69 and injured 110. I am sure those people felt quite secure before someone decided a gun free zone was the safest place to go kill people. In the United States you will find that cities with the strongest gun laws have the highest murder rates. With the rise of terrorism, some countries may begin to think that our 2nd Amendment is a pretty good idea. a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

No, what is sad is that you guys advocate more guns while your loved ones, kids and families are torn apart by gun crime. Thats whats sad.

And i say "you" because thanks god i dont live in the USA.

None of my loved ones or kids have been shot.

And yes, thank god.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think everyone should be afraid of guns and the people holding them. If you don't respect and fear the gun then accidents will happen. Isn't that what they teach you at fire arms safety classes? Not that that stops all accidents happening, or non criminals going crazy and having a shooting spree.

Asking the question in the first place speaks volumes of your level of understanding of guns.

Respect is much different than fear, and I never said I did not respect them. And no...they do not teach fear in classes. You speak as if you have never been to one...so how can you reference one?

And like you said, nothing can stop accidents or non-criminals from going crazy, but they don't all go on shooting sprees. There is ONE common denominator though, with ALL violent acts...they are done by HUMANS. But hey, lets ignore the REAL problem and go after the guns......

Your fat, so lets take away your food(diet), not try to alter your mindset so you try to eat healthier......similar way of thinking.....which is why "diets" only work for a short period of time.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Asking the question in the first place speaks volumes of your level of understanding of guns.

Respect is much different than fear, and I never said I did not respect them. And no...they do not teach fear classes.

And like you said, nothing can stop accidents or non-criminals from going crazy, but they don't all go on shooting sprees. There is ONE common denominator though, with ALL violent acts...they are done by HUMANS. But hey, lets ignore the REAL problem and go after the guns......

Your fat, so lets take away your food(diet), not try to alter your mindset so you try to eat healthier......similar way of thinking.....which is why "diets" only work for a short period of time.

oh please. Every week we read stories in the Uk about gun crime or some shooting in the US. Please dont try to pretend that its rare or doesnt happen often. the fact is that you guys have am awful gun crime rate and gun accident rate and you STILL want more people armed. Its madness and only gun nutrs in the US cannot see this.

There is NO reason for anyone to own a 50 calibre gun or AR-15 or whetever you nuts love....

And yes cars kill more people, blah blah blah...but people need cars. no one needs and AR-15

Absolute madness. Just the other day i read about a kid shotting his younger brother dead with his dads gun..yes, it wass his dads fault. But people are human, they make mistakes...therefore having more guns would be idiotic no?

No no...clearly, your desire to own weapons overrides any kids right to live.

Food = Guns. GREAT analogy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join