It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS, Taliban announced Jihad against each other

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

The end of an alliance within Islam ?
Deobandis are now going away from Wahhabis ?

I won't be surprised if the Shiites (aka Iran) - who happen to be right in the middle, once again, it's not their fault - starts getting blamed if they take whatever initiative on the topic.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
All joking aside, there is something serious to consider in this move, as it follows a pattern used by ISIS in Syria as a recruiting tool.

ISIS has fighters who have fought in Iraq (as Al Qaeda in Iraq) and more recently in Syria, and are now moving into Afghanistan. Afghan jihadists who have been fighting with ISIS in Syria have been returning to Afghanistan and recruiting a new crop of jihadists, in opposition to the more moderate Taliban who are only fighting the US locally. With this declaration of war, they are forcing jihadists to choose sides, and those dissatisfied with Taliban leadership will flock to ISIS. Once ISIS has filled its ranks, they will negotiate a truce or a new alliance with the Taliban - the same tactic they used with the Al Nusra front in Syria, whom they once declared jihad against but are now allied with.

Some background on AQ in Iraq and Syria, and their relationship with ISIS;
Al-Qaeda Shows its True Colors in Syria
(understandingwar.org)
ISIS vs. Al Qaeda: Jihadism’s global civil war
(brookings.edu)

alright, enough with the serious business, here's what most of us are thinking:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

With colour-commentary by Larry David and Jackie Mason...all proceeds going to LGBT charities haha

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
double post
edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
I couldn't resist.

Will this be available on PS 4 anytime soon..Call.Of Duty.. ISIS Vs Talibán expansión pack with extra maps of Saudí.

I wanna be Jihadi John..you get more points if you use your knife..

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Crazy, I'm not sure the enemy of my enemy is my friend in this case.
Here's to hoping they are both very successful in their fight.
edit on 21-4-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
wouldn't it be hilarious if all of this comes to a screeching halt on Monday? as it is, the only place a war is taking place is in the news media and to a lesser extent war is given acknowledgement by certain lawmakers....its been like that since about August 2007.

property damage and killing is just crime, not war; and most people seem to have accepted the inevitability that their war investments will provide no return and that the last 14 years is a total loss.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

and most people seem to have accepted the inevitability that their war investments will provide no return and that the last 14 years is a total loss.

If any of those people are the MIC I would have to disagree. Lower returns just means time to ramp up popular discontent and choreograph a few incidents. Trillions in war investment isn't no return by a long shot.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

i'm apologize that you believe what is going on in the world is about money and I also apologize for seemingly implying that the investment, returns and total and irrecoverable loss prediction was about money.

furthermore to that the MIC is in the business of Power, not money.

and all Power is quickly being consolidated in such a way as to make what many people call war an obsolete concept.

Petty Crime is not war.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Which TV channel is this event on?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

There you have it. Definitive proof that ISIS is NOT going to unite all terrorist organizations under one umbrella group and form a caliphate.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Now that would make a great shirt...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Is this movie produced by Military Industrial Complex as well? Then we can see Bengazi 2 soon.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

You really think Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, etc are not in it for the money? The military might want power but those companies heavily profit.

edit:

Ever notice that those with the most power usually have the most wealth.
edit on 4/21/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: michaelbrux

You really think Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, etc are not in it for the money? The military might want power but those companies heavily profit.

edit:

Ever notice that those with the most power usually have the most wealth.

are you trying to say that those companies greatest opportunities for profits involve arming groups that will produce no profit through their activities?

neither the Taliban nor ISIS have ever demonstrated any ability to produce anything of value...neither group has any valid claim to the lands they covet or any ability to govern those lands or its people for any significant amount of time.

what you are really saying is that Lockheed and Raytheon and all the rest enjoy throwing away advanced technology and equipment by giving it away to idiots. I disagree.

the fact is that no one currently trying to keep these wars going on has even defined their objective and if they did they have no way of achieving their goals. all hope is lost...the war is over.

all that remains for them is life wandering and petty crime. its what they were the whole time anyway.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Saw this on reddit and have to agree it raises an ugly question:
1. USA invades Afghanistan due to the presence of Al Qaeda (supposedly being harbored by the Taliban).
2. USA becomes involved in a war with Taliban.
3. Portions of Al Qaeda in Iraq and Syria become ISIS, including Syrian rebels supported by the USA.
4. ISIS declares jihad on the Taliban (?)

Its actually

1. USA invades Afghanistan for Drugs for the West
2. USA invades Afghanistan due to the presence of Al Qaeda (supposedly being harbored by the Taliban).
3. USA becomes involved in a war with Taliban.
4. Portions of Al Qaeda in Iraq and Syria become ISIS, including Syrian rebels supported by the USA.
5. ISIS declares jihad on the Taliban
6. Increased drugs back into the USA

Its all about the supply of drugs to the West, gotta keep the politicians fed and the black budgets strong

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

its obvious that many people have every intention of holding on to a world that no longer exists. models that are long dead.

unable to comprehend that drugs can be produced anywhere.

ISIS and Taliban are going to fight? what does it matter. neither group serves any meaningful purpose other than filler for news wires.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
What does it matter. neither group serves any meaningful purpose other than filler for news wires.

Neither group serves any purpose?

If it wasn't for the Talibán the Military Industrial Complex Wouldn't have had a bogeyman to fight since 2001.

ISIS are now the M.I.C.' 's meal.ticket for the next fire years

If thats not surving a purpose, I dont know what is?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

like i was writing earlier...you're posting as if its 2001...vestiges of a dead world. the place you are from no longer exists...its dead and being eulogized and buried as I write.

the MIC doesn't need Taliban or ISIS to make profits. Taliban nor ISIS has anything worth trading and they never will; selling weapons to either side is like flushing money down the toilet...neither will gain any ground, will gain no assets and they serve no purpose.

Governments will buy weapons and build armies anyway...they don't need a fictional enemy to pretend to fight.

but you still don't get it and probably have decided you never will.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
ISIS asserted on September 17, 2006 that "We shall Break the Cross and Spill the Wine"

a useless group of blowhards that didn't even come close to what they claimed and to make it worse for them...the very thing they claimed they would accomplish will be accomplish against them!

I'm sure the Taliban made many quotable statements, but I figure what's the point...they are even weaker and more pathetic than ISIS.

the notion of these two incompetent groups talk about what they are going to do is a boring joke.

you guys buy tickets to that intramural contest, but the rest of the world will probably just wait for it to be made into a History Channel special.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join