It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin strange noise in the sky last night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Neopan100
I heard that exact noise(I have utube clip noise over s illinois) everyone on here said it was a train...even though I stated it was NOT a train..mine happen in October a couple years ago..

I live in Illinois, about 80 miles SE of the noise's center, according to the map. Ever so often there is this VERY heavy coal train that passes on track about 2 miles from me, headed towards Wisconsin. This train started making the run about 1 year ago. The sound begins like a jet taking off from Ohare (which is 10 miles from me), and over a period of 4 minutes becomes very loud. When it's dank, moist and quiet outside this increasingly loud "roar" actually sounds like it's eminating from the sky above. It freaked me out the first couple of times, but now I know what it is. Only happens once every few weeks, and it's always after 10pm, when the commuter trains have finished their runs for the day.

Are we sure that this sound was heard simultaneously by all locations? If not, it could have been one of those heavy coal trains (or something similar) passing through those counties under perfect weather conditions for atmospheric sound transmission.

cool I havnt heard this theory yet. I will look into it. My first thought was that it was a train. There does seem to be a slight time delay between reported cities... as if the sound was traveling from south eastern Wisconsin to the central west in a 10-15 minute window

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiii_98
a reply to: JadeStar
Focusing on questioning the event, not me. This story because news without me. I simply don't want it to die before knowing the truth behind it. I think whatever happened last night was fairly unique, and I (and others) want to know what.

Drama aside you did claim in the original post you had audio of the event and were waiting to share it right? Can I ask where you got the audio from and why you were waiting until a mainstream media organization shared it first?
edit on 20-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I live close to Prairie du Chien, and I heard... something last night too. Hard to explain the sound exactly, but it was loud (loud enough to hear over top of the strong wind) and the seemed to fade in, last a few minutes, and then fade out.

With all the theories and ideas flying around, it seems no one has questioned whether the noise could be a product of some kind of air craft test being run by Ft. McCoy.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hiii_98

No idea, but the description fits what I could hear from the base. Sounded like a giant torch burning for a few minutes while they were testing. I think they were just testing repairs with the engines outside the aircraft.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

a reply to: JadeStar
Focusing on questioning the event, not me. This story because news without me. I simply don't want it to die before knowing the truth behind it. I think whatever happened last night was fairly unique, and I (and others) want to know what.

Drama aside you did claim in the original post you had audio of the event and were waiting to share it right? Can I ask where you got the audio audio from and why you were waiting until a mainstream media organization shared it first?

I don't want this story to die, I know the local newspaper article will go no where in regards to learning more about what really happened. Once the AP gets a hold of the story then some real heavy weight scientists can get involved and provide their input. When I called this into the AP they told me to get a copy of the audio. I've been working social media since the event started and managed to obtain a copy from a witness. They were out of Lake Geneva WI. I live in Milton. The witnesses is a friend of a friend. A stranger to me. As far as I know it is authentic and the sound lines up with what everyone has reported hearing. I do have the persons first and last name but will only give that to the news once I get the consent of the contributor. Sorry if you don't like that answer.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiDa31
I live close to Prairie du Chien, and I heard... something last night too. Hard to explain the sound exactly, but it was loud (loud enough to hear over top of the strong wind) and the seemed to fade in, last a few minutes, and then fade out.

With all the theories and ideas flying around, it seems no one has questioned whether the noise could be a product of some kind of air craft test being run by Ft. McCoy.

that is basically what I am questioning in the newspaper article. that's my personal theory. A spy plane, but the question is...whose is it?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Is anyone interested in my analysis of the sound in the video?

I can post some screenshots and video of why I say the sound in the video was most likely faked if anyone wants.

It's basic stuff like:

1) All sound in the video starts milliseconds after the video. Sloppy post-production dubbing or dubbing on a less than precise audio editor could cause this.

2) While other natural sounds in the video have left/right variation the mystery sound remains dead center which you wouldn't expect from an actual recorded event (there would be some left/right variations, especially if it were something moving across the sky). This mystery sound sits dead center in the mix, as if artificially superimposed by someone without much skill at hoaxing.

And stuff like that...

For the record, I don't doubt that people heard something but I highly doubt what they heard was what was in that video.

edit on 20-4-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar lol I'm confused, are you saying everyone heard a fake sound or that I faked the audio to get youtube money and fame and glory? I'd love to hear your analysis and I have the original video (taken sideways, so get ready to break your neck watching a street light dance around in shaky hands) and sounds 100% identical to what is uploaded. Orrrr is the real conspiracy me?? lol . that I wasted my time with what? a sheet of metal and flung it around while taking a side ways video, then edited it properly with a proper less distracting overlay to make MILLIONS of dollars on youtube? I write books and drive trucks for a living, i'm much too lazy and disinterested to go through that. But i'll get the popcorn and keep reading your relentless attack....

actually keep attacking that's fine.. .but don't ruin this thread, focus on the event, and what it is. I think you got your bloomers in a bundle because I shot down your theory so quickly.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
here, have at it. I think I did crop the video down as original was way too long and the sound ended after the first minute .

edit on 20-4-2015 by hiii_98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

that is basically what I am questioning in the newspaper article. that's my personal theory. A spy plane, but the question is...whose is it?

I had only read the first article put out by the Gazette earlier this morning, but hadn't read any others. But, considering it's a large enough base, Ft. McCoy seemed like a logical place to look.

As for the guy's theory of the train, while it seems like it could be possible, I'd like to add that I live in McGregor Iowa, about 5 minutes (and across the Mississippi) from Prairie du Chien. If it were a train, it's not something that I would have heard so clearly here, if the train had made its way into PDC. It sounded like it was just down the street from me, not across the river.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

a reply to: JadeStar lol I'm confused, are you saying everyone heard a fake sound

Nope. I don't doubt people heard something. But that something they heard almost certainly wasn't what was presented in that video.

or that I faked the audio to get youtube money and fame and glory?

I can't accuse you of doing the fakery but whoever produced that video almost certainly faked it...

I'd love to hear your analysis and I have the original video (taken sideways, so get ready to break your neck watching a street light dance around in shaky hands) and sounds 100% identical to what is uploaded.

The orientation of the video is less important to me than the fact that the sound in it is added after the fact. I think I can demonstrate this pretty convincingly. If it sounds 100% identical to what was uploaded that still means the mystery sound was likely dubbed in.

Stay tuned. I'm recording my analysis now.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Video isn't working for me, can you try again please? The one you just posted?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
Video isn't working for me, can you try again please? The one you just posted?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
well i'm going to look stupid if i'm wrong (don't worry... its happened before.... Joe Rogan's editing team...*cough *cough), but i'm going to stand behind this video as being 100% authentic. Learn to trust alittle, not everyone is out to scam you. The person who gave it to me...what in the world did they gain? They havnt asked me for anything yet other than to figure out what the noise is.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

So as you can see(with this link,(www.weather.gov...) I choose arbitrarily because you said southern Wisconsin, and I don't have a city,(not that it makes a huge difference)so I choose Madison, regardless as you can see the high temp was 74. the low 49 and today you didn't get out of the high 40's that indicates a cold front moved through, the sky's had a .8 or 80% cloud coverage and rain was recorded. I would say best guess lightning in the distance echoing causing a pulsing,continuous, sound happens more than you'd think.
edit on 20-4-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
we absolutely had a cold front move in today. REAL COLD today compared to the past weeks. Also the sound was heard the loudest in Broadhead, Footville, and Janesville Wisconsin April 19th 8:20 pm

19 20:45 NE 5 7.00 Light Rain SCT015 SCT029 BKN040 52 48 88% NA NA 29.45 NA
19 19:45 E 8 5.00 Light Rain Fog/Mist BKN039 OVC047 54 46 77% NA NA 29.47 NA

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I'm trying to find archived radar composites from yesterday give me a sec... there we go www2.mmm.ucar.edu...

I would put my bottom dollar on lightning.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I'm trying to find archived radar composites from yesterday give me a sec... there we go www2.mmm.ucar.edu...

I would put my bottom dollar on lightning.

thunder possibly but not lightening. No lightening was seen by any of the witnesses. also I wasn't able to pull anything up directly given the link you provided.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Well, sorry I didn't explain properly; yes of course thunder but the cause was lightning at a distance, and with flat terrain such as S Wisconsin the echo can travel considerable distances. Also on the link in the upper left press go I've plugged in the dates already and then you will see a screen that lists radar composites for different regions press radar composite North plains, and the radar will loop archived radar from yesterday.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Well, sorry I didn't explain properly; yes of course thunder but the cause was lightning at a distance, and with flat terrain such as S Wisconsin the echo can travel considerable distances. Also on the link in the upper left press go I've plugged in the dates already and then you will see a screen that lists radar composites for different regions press radar composite North plains, and the radar will loop archived radar from yesterday.

do you have a meteorological background? sounds plausible and rationally thought out. I just want to get to the bottom of this no matter where this rabbit hole leads

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join