It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin strange noise in the sky last night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Whatever it has been, ufos or aliens should be off the list. There are probably hundreds of man-made or natural things that can cause this and without seeing aliens, it is absurd to even list such things as ufos/ets.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

That would be the audio being put on movie maker on a loop and it only doing the first few moments then stopping a few times, the sleeptalk app makes that sound when it is switched on, too much of a hurry to fix it. It does play all 30 seconds in a loop after that, only recorded that much as cars kept appearing, the sound of which can be heard at the end of each loop. It was a real sound and similar to the sound on this thread but it persisted. I wasn't expecting the sound to persist so recorded it on something sensitive, perhaps I should invest in some professional audio equipment.
edit on 21-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: merka no just a sign on the fence at our local small airport. I cropped a overlay picture over the video. The picture is inconsequential I could put a blank screen if that would be less confusing so the focus can be on the sound, not the distraction of a wobbling camera in a dark sky

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar While other natural sounds in the video have left/right variation the mystery sound remains dead center which you wouldn't expect from an actual recorded event (there would be some left/right variations, especially if it were something moving across the sky). This mystery sound sits dead center in the mix

well, bass frequencies are pretty much omnidirectional (hence you can put a sub-woofer anywhere in the room) and the sound on the clip tends toward the lower end of the spectrum...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Packers games?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiii_98
a reply to: Jobeycool I'll put them back up right now.

Thanks...Pretty weird

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wondering is big military exercises that are being hushed up are going on.Because of the mess with ISIS and Ukraine and Yemen and pretty much the entire middle east.
Sounds like military exercises are going on if you ask me.Could get ugly later on if war breaks out.
edit on 21-4-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: hiii_98

hiii, can't tell you what time exactly.....after dinner and well before dark, maybe 7 or 7:30 ?? The direction was definitely from WNW towards the ESE. I listened to the you tube "sky noise video", which didn't sound much like what I heard. Sorry, what I heard sounded much more like jet engines...low and very loud , yet kind of erratic.
Fort McCoy is between Tomah and Sparta approximately 80 miles NW of me.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiii_98

originally posted by: SubTruth

Waukesha checking in.....No strange sound around here. I was up all last night and heard nothing. We did have low cloud cover and rain most of the night. Could this be part of the reason for the noise?

hey Waukesha, the sound was heard on April 19th, so 2 nights ago, not last night. From the interactive map I'm not seeing any reports of hearing the noise from your area. Close though.

My daughter, also in Waukesha, reports no strange noises on Sunday night.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM I posted two videos, one from Lacrosse and the other from Lake Geneva (taken april 19th)

also this recent news story rules out thunder as the culprit
www.wkow.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: JadeStar While other natural sounds in the video have left/right variation the mystery sound remains dead center which you wouldn't expect from an actual recorded event (there would be some left/right variations, especially if it were something moving across the sky). This mystery sound sits dead center in the mix

well, bass frequencies are pretty much omnidirectional (hence you can put a sub-woofer anywhere in the room) and the sound on the clip tends toward the lower end of the spectrum...

Bass is omni-directional but the sound extends into the low mids and there's a high mid "crackle" as well which should have shown movement. This is why I showed the waterfall plot/spectrogram above the stereo correlation meter.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Move along folks...mystery solved

I don't understand why people can't accept the most logical explanation for these "strange sounds". I can hear the train yard 25 miles away on a clear night. Sound does funny things in the atmosphere. It bounces around, morphs reverberates and can travel far. This is a train yard. I'd bet my last quarter on it.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
the crackle is likely wind. she wrote me that she apologized for all the wind noise muddying the audio.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Im trying to find the convective parameters for the 19th, when i find them ill post. Heres the point when at a considerable distance from a thunderstorm or mcs ect and when the conditions are right,(terrain and atmospheric), Lighting; and its corresponding thunder, can seem to blend and or pulse sounding as if its one noise coming from some unknown location. This has occurred over partly sunny sky's . Im not saying this was what happened im saying this is what is likely to have happened the object i have no explanation for, but the person who saw it knows what they saw.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
interesting tid bit

volumeone.org...

also does anyone know how to lookup radio chatter from Fort McCoy on the 19th? Would that ever be fascinating to listen to.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Wondering is big military exercises that are being hushed up are going on.Because of the mess with ISIS and Ukraine and Yemen and pretty much the entire middle east.
Sounds like military exercises are going on if you ask me.Could get ugly later on if war breaks out.

I'd say it sounded military in nature too. It's interesting regardless.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Mixing/mastering engineer here. JadeStar hit the nail on the head. Sorry hiii_98, but I don't think you should invest any more energy into this. Of course, if you're not behind the attempt at hoaxing in the first place. I'm not pointing any fingers, but defending so strongly something that is obviously a hoax, makes me take what you post with a grain of salt from now on.

I, myself, haven't done any analysis, nor have I watched JadeStar's, since I don't have access to YouTube at the moment, but when I heard the noise earlier, the same thought struck me - the sound is dead center. I'm 100% sure about it being a mono signal, mashed in with a stereo signal. If I was at the studio right now I could isolate the middle / mono part of the signal, and leave the sides from your original audio - the weird sound will be gone, unlike the wind and the environmental soundscape. For those who don't undestand the difference between stereo and mono - READ.

Another fun fact for those who don't know a thing about audio - if you have a camera that records in stereo, this means that all the sounds being recorded will be stereo. Even if you're recording a low frequency noise in stereo, as someone suggested (the sound in question does not reside only in the low frequencies at all), you will be using two mics, that will always be at different distance from the source and its reflections from the objects in the environment and landscape, hence, you will always have a difference in the left and right channels.

Hope this makes it clear.

And if there's a click that resides all over the frequency spectrum as JadeStar stated, then this so-called "just some girl" that hiii_98 wants us to believe blindly has been cutting the audio, for sure. If I were to write/sell/giveaway books about UFOs and expected to be taken seriously, I wouldn't want to lose the trust of my peers by shooting blindly in the dark by stating I'm 100% behind the authenticity of said image/sound/evidence. Oh... wait... If Greer can do it, anyone can, huh?
edit on 21-4-2015 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
jesus I make an honest attempt to find a copy of the noise and all you can focus on is the freakn video?!? I could care less about the video, my interest is in what the noise is. A quarter of the state was bathed in it.

Also you supposed audio geniuses, is there anyone who can counter these claims. I'll screen show the texts of what was given to me. again I forget ATS is loaded with paranoid kooks, I'm not interested in hoaxing the audio, and I doubt this person went through the effort. Anyone who had a clear ear shot of the event, can you compare it to the audio? Again focus on the event itself.

I'm repeating myself but I'm sure there is an audio expert out there who can dispute you and make a case that this is authentic. I'll embarrass myself now and tell the witness that you think she faked it. I'll post the reply.... for whatever value (if any) it holds.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
jesus I make an honest attempt to find a copy of the noise and all you can focus on is the freakn video?!? I could care less about the video, my interest is in what the noise is. A quarter of the state was bathed in it.

Also you supposed audio geniuses, is there anyone who can counter these claims. I'll screen show the texts of what was given to me. again I forget ATS is loaded with paranoid kooks, I'm not interested in hoaxing the audio, and I doubt this person went through the effort. Anyone who had a clear ear shot of the event, can you compare it to the audio? Again focus on the event itself.

I'm repeating myself but I'm sure there is an audio expert out there who can dispute you and make a case that this is authentic. I'll embarrass myself now and tell the witness that you think she faked it. I'll post the reply.... for whatever value (if any) it holds.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
snipped duplicate post.
edit on 21-4-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join