It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: Battlefield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Yeah karkand was a good map,my fav was wake island,we used to play it religiously,there were 3 or 4 guys i used to play with that kicked ass,our squad could literally dictate how the game would play once there was 2 of us in the attack chopper and at least 1 of us in the jet...good times...

I never played the single player version it was online all the way.....and the sniping was great fun,using the 50 cal to take out peeps as they got into vehicles,could cause the enemy so much havok by parachuting down to the aircraft carrier as the squad leader,the rest of the squad waits and spawns as soon as you land,3 snipers and one medic and the kills would just rack up....good times

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yeah that one building in the middle of the city with the ladder? I could lay down up there and snipe in the shadow of that AC box forever, use to love doing that. A lot of great hiding places on that Karkand map though.

Wake Island, I forgot about that one. Yeah it was fun too. You're kind of a sitting duck if a couple of jerks are hogging the Jets, but the danger is what made it fun because there were not a lot of places to hide on that island. Makes me want to play it right now. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

yeah we were those jerks,cap all the bases and leave just the beach as the last enemy spawn area and proceed to spawn kill for the next 10 minutes,we used to rile peeps up so much

Another spot in karkand i liked for the sniper rifle was up on the hill to the right of the allied spawn area so we could pop off all the enemies running down the alleyways from that first base..hotel i think it was,i also liked grabbing an apc and just barreling through nailing people....i miss the game thats for sure

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

yeah we were those jerks,cap all the bases and leave just the beach as the last enemy spawn area and proceed to spawn kill for the next 10 minutes,we used to rile peeps up so much

lmao! You probably killed me back then. The worst was finally reaching the beach and then getting bombed by the fighter jets, it was like landing on a virtual Omaha Beach. A lot of times I would just dart for a jeep and just drive like a mad man swerving back and forth just trying to survive the air assault that I knew was coming.

Another spot in karkand i liked for the sniper rifle was up on the hill to the right of the allied spawn area so we could pop off all the enemies running down the alleyways from that first base..hotel i think it was,i also liked grabbing an apc and just barreling through nailing people....i miss the game thats for sure

I know the area you're talking about, it was also a nice one I agree. Those rocks and bushes next to the bridge I stayed alive picking people off for so long. Not just with a sniper rifle, but those crazy rocket launchers too! I got very accurate with those things, even while up on top of buildings. Pissed people off so much. Yeah good times for sure. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I know the area you're talking about, it was also a nice one I agree. Those rocks and bushes next to the bridge I stayed alive picking people off for so long. Not just with a sniper rifle, but those crazy rocket launchers too! I got very accurate with those things, even while up on top of buildings. Pissed people off so much. Yeah good times for sure. ~$heopleNation

Ah man i used to hate the rocket launcher so much,in a intense infantry fight and someone nails me and themselves with that damn thing at point blank range....lol.....

And yeah...lol then only hope there was on wake when the beach was the spawn point was to hop in the buggy and fly over to the other end of the map and hope to take the flag before the bombs take you out,a good squad was needed...it was easier when we were able to change squad leaders in game........good memories....my name was abigreefer,and the dudes i played with regularly were named Death from above and 5hmed.....

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19258940]Not many games overwhelm me with excitement, but after seeing this today, it's a bit hard not too!

Seeing what? The "game engine footage" you mean? That is, the cinematic cut-scenes?

lol! You obviously never heard of Star Wars: The Old Republic and its trailer and how much that game resembled its promotional footage... or Alien: Colonial Marines or Dark Souls II or...

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I pre-ordered this as soon as I saw the first trailer!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, gameplay has finally been released at E 3. This is from the ps4 version.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I got the PC version pre-ordered, can't wait. I still think they rushed it, and they should have done more. Only 4 planets to start with unfortunately.

No space battles either. I mean, it's called Star Wars for a reason. Still excited though. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Alright... so I'm disappointed. I mean, it's cool what they've done with the aging 70/80's character designs and trying to make lasers seem dangerous/have impactual effect... but holy expectations! This is 2015, so I expect games to be held to a higher standard than ones made 10 years ago, yet here we have a game (updated graphics aside) that holds the exact same mechanics, and even less material than the original 2 Battlefronts. If we do see the Clone Wars era, space battles, customizable uniforms, additional heroes, more planets, more game modes.... it'll undoubtedly be through DLC, just hopefully not PAID DLC.

The Co-Op survival mode seems like a fun addition at the very least. If this series is meant to be a reboot, I sure hope they do more work on it. At the moment, it just seems like a themed shooter, no different than any other out right now.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Don't let the hype get the best of you. Battlefront is using the same engine as Battlefield 4. Battlefield 4's launch was a giant cluster that left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouth. The first DLC for Battlefield Hardline was released yesterday. Hardline uses the same engine as Battlefield 4. The PC version still crashes. And the launch of the first DLC was completely busted for PC.

Further, Battlefront will likely take advantage of the same model and have a $59.99 with most content, $69.99 for additional content, or $89.99 for even more content. Then you add the cost of "premium" for $49.99 to get the rest of the game.

I loved the original Battlefront and Battlefied 2. But that was a completely different Dice than it is today.

The original Dice team were epic. Today's Dice team isn't.

(post by carissamolly removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join