It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage over The Westin Building at Town Center VA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I've lurked these forums for quite some time and seeing no one posted this I felt it was my responsibility to contribute.

This footage was shot around 12 AM on April 18th 2015. At first it appears to be a simple drone being operated around the top of the building, then it shoots off unexpectedly.

I hope this generates some quality discussion.

edit on 19-4-2015 by Forrester7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Girl was pretty annoying, but great UFO video.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Forrester7

Hard to tell how far away the object is, but it looks to be at or around the same height as the radio mast (assuming that's what that is?) It's either far away and moving very fast, or it's at the distance of the tower and doesn't look much faster than a quadcopter.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
My vote is for off-the-shelf quadrocopter.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Looks like people on the top of the building playing with a drone. And yes, the girl is so annoying.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I would say quadcopter type thing and the shooting off unexpectedly was it running out of battery power

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Funny...it almost looked as if the 'UFO' was some sort of sentient 'being' in and of itself and was checking out the blinking red light there.

I couldn't shake the impression that it was just fascinated by that red light - like a little kid thinking 'what the heck is this thing?'...Even the way it flies off and returns a couple times, as if it would 'give up' trying to figure out the red light, but then be so intrigued it had to keep coming back for another look.

Sounds silly, I know - but that really is how it looks...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I agree that at first it maneuvers like a quadrocopter. Maybe I am unaware of their capacity to accelerate but at 2:57 the object takes off pretty darn fast. Also, if the object is within close proximity to the tower it seems to radiate the tower light as if it has a specular surface. Not jumping to any conclusions just throwing out perspectives.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sadly with todays tech it is nearly impossible now to identify between what is a plane/drone/blimp/stealth fighter/ufo....

edit on 19-4-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: clarification

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It was behind the top of the building and taking distances into respect the thing traveled a lot faster than a quad cop. I was also thinking not many ppl use white lights like that they use red and blue to determine direction of travel. It really does seem that it's moving very quickly. The girl seems legit anyways.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

Well I guess the OP does have some of a credible video. After watching it 5 more times it may not be a gyrocopter considering the speed at which the object left the screen. The object accelerated from 0 to 200 possibly in less than 3 seconds. It does not look like it just simply ran out of batteries and fell which is a gradual process.

I am slowly but surely being convinced alittle.
edit on 19-4-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-4-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Taken that the most "rational" explanation is a drone we should be able to estimate (I say estimate) the dimensions of said drone. Then, I'm sure you could find the size of the Westin building somewhere. Taking these into account would it not be possible for somebody with the right technical background to determine the rate of speed of the object.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Forrester7

First thoughts.......

"Travels millions of light-years to reach earth....hangs out at Westin building for 5 minutes then leaves."

However - as it is yet to be identified, textbook unidentified flying object.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

By you saying "Travels millions of light-years to reach earth" I assume you are motioning that the object is extraterrestrial. That statement sounds like it requires effort to travel millions of light-years and if the object is truly ET maybe to "them" traveling those distances requires no effort at all. Another point to ponder, today my dog saw me "hanging out" on a rectangular bright screen. He had no clue of the millions bits of information that were invisibly being transmitted from the bright rectangle. In fact I don't think my dog could even comprehend this idea.
edit on 19-4-2015 by Forrester7 because: typo

edit on 19-4-2015 by Forrester7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
With the rise of drones, the rise of boring 'ufo' videos continues.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This looks good

The way the light moves looks very orbish. The change in light output interesting, the rate at which it can suddenly move looks like non human. Someone mentioned the orb looks interested in the Westin building red light, they do get attracted to lights just like moths, so yes another indicator that this is a real ufo capture

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Cool video. Could it be a spotlight shinning off the clouds?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Really, a white light changing in brightness with an erratic flight pattern and than shoots off is a quadrocopter? You debunkers can make a claim like that just from a small light? It's bad enough to think every white light is a UFO, but it gets rather ridiculous when there's not enough evidence nor detail of the object itself to even claim it's something definitive.

You're doing the exact same thing you claim UFO believers do.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Really, a white light changing in brightness with an erratic flight pattern and than shoots off is a quadrocopter?

Yes.

You debunkers can make a claim like that just from a small light?

The claim is being made because it looks and acts like a drone to anyone familiar with drones.

Edit
Here's a similar thing flying around the building in 2011 , the guy filming this one says it has red and blue lights.

edit on 19-4-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
As others have said, I see nothing here to tell me it's anything other than an off-the-shelf drone, and they were inexperienced enough to keep it up there for too long and it ran out of power.

Either way, no one can prove that it's anything other than that most plausible explanation, so any further consideration of this is pretty pointless.

Title should be "Girl films commercially available drone".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join