It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Footage over The Westin Building at Town Center VA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don't know if it's a quadricopter drone or not, but it certainly could be. The "shooting off" at the end simply looked like it was falling out of the sky.

So, yeah -- it's a true unidentified flying object, but it is no more definitely an alien than it is definitely a drone. In fact, given the 100% fact that drones exist but it is not such a 100% fact that aliens exist, I'd say the drone explanation is more likely than an explanation that includes aliens. However, since there is not positive evidence of it being a drone other than that it looks like one, then the flying object should still be considered to be simply "unidentified".

That being said, "quadricopter drone" seem like a likely preliminary explanation to explore.

edit on 4/19/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Looks and flies like your average, everyday drone to me as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The claim is being made because it looks and acts like a drone to anyone familiar with drones.

There's a lot of things in the night sky that can look and fly like other man made objects. This video still does not clearly define and identify it's a drone. It's still considered unidentified. Unless we can see a definite shape to the object, claiming it's something is not enough to declare for certain that's what it is.

I'm just pointing out, we have to be careful on declaring that everything is a drone, cgi, plane. helicopter and flares if there isn't enough visible evidence to declare for certain what we're seeing.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I can't say for certain that it is a drone although for me it displays the characteristics of a drone and given the similar footage from 2011 from the same location I believe it is more likely to be a drone than anything else.

I agree with Soylent Green that the object doesn't shoot off but appears to descend at an angle rapidly , the light dims before the move which suggests to me it either turns or banks to make the descent.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Where is Town Center VA. I live in Virginia I don't know a town or city by that name. Many cities have a town center. Shopping venues like a mall but not enclosed. Stylized buildings often to look like old fashioned down town areas.
So please clarify where this is. It's been cloudy most nights this week here in the south eastern region near Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
edit on 4192015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
There's a lot of things in the night sky that can look and fly like other man made objects.

That's because 99% of everything that flies in our skies are man-made objects or natural phenomenon.

It's still considered unidentified. Unless we can see a definite shape to the object,

There's no need for a definite shape to distinguish, say, a plane in the night sky. It has lights we can identify, and sometimes sounds to go with it, along with its flight pattern. (On the other hand, there have been many "UFO" videos posted here that were planes.)

This object is acting and flying like a drone. It's very safe to say that it's a drone because that's what the visual evidence and flight pattern suggests.

we have to be careful on declaring that everything is a drone, cgi, plane. helicopter and flares if there isn't enough visible evidence to declare for certain what we're seeing.

There usually never will be "certainty" when it comes to a point of light in the night sky filmed via amateur camera. But using an old adage, "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is likely a duck". If the object looks like a flare and flies like a flare, then it is likely a flare. Or drone, or plane, or anything else it may resemble.

Planes, flares, drones, CGI are almost always easily identifiable to the experienced person. People with less experience will make videos like the one in the OP and think "UFO!"

So no, we don't need to be careful when declaring drone, plane, or CGI if an object looks and acts that way to someone with the knowledge and experience to posit as much.

If I had seen the drone that was recorded in the video, I would have thought to myself "hmm, someone is flying a drone up there" and then been on my merry way. Others like the girl that shot the video, always think "UFO! (aliens)" first before ruling out man-made craft.

The title of the video "AMAZING UFO VIDEO!!!" really should say "AMAZING MAN-MADE AVERAGE, EVERYDAY DRONE VIDEO!!!"

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
My vote is for off-the-shelf quadrocopter.

ditto

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forrester7
Taken that the most "rational" explanation is a drone we should be able to estimate (I say estimate) the dimensions of said drone. Then, I'm sure you could find the size of the Westin building somewhere. Taking these into account would it not be possible for somebody with the right technical background to determine the rate of speed of the object.

A Google search says the Westin building is in Seattle so is the thread title wrong. Should that have been WA instead of VA ?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

The title is correct.
www.starwoodhotels.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I agree with most of the posters in that this appears to be a drone.

Craft that are possibly of a non-human origin will have acceleration of hundreds of meters/second, not a few feet per second.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No it's not. In this case it should be Virginia beach VA. Not town center VA which is not a city but a shopping mall.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Your right, the thread title should be "UFO Footage over The Westin Building at Virginia Beach VA". Being a relatively new poster I am unsure how to, if it is even possible, change the title.

For the object light dimming out at the end before it departs. This dimming also happens at the 1:35 mark as the object exhibits a swooping like behavior. Which helps to rule out ET craft because to my knowledge they tend to have a perfect trajectory.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
For those saying it appeared to drop out of the sky because it run out of power.

They dont!

If the device is an off the shelf purchase it will not simply plummet because of loss of power, it will reduce power in a contrallable way, and it will do that BEFORE it runs out of power. The person with the controller will still have controll and bring it down safely.

If its a serious device it will be fitted with gps and will return to a preprogrammed location when its power gets low.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Forrester7

Most likely these guys at Aerial Virginia

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Forrester7

No no not a problem. I just was confused because well this is in my backyard.
For future reference you can click on edit for your first post and then you can alter the title . It's timed out now. I didn't mean to give you a new comer a hard time. You must think I'm a real biotch. Welcome. Have a cup of tea.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: WeRpeons

I can't say for certain that it is a drone although for me it displays the characteristics of a drone and given the similar footage from 2011 from the same location I believe it is more likely to be a drone than anything else.

I agree with Soylent Green that the object doesn't shoot off but appears to descend at an angle rapidly , the light dims before the move which suggests to me it either turns or banks to make the descent.

I agree.
My grandsons fly drones and the movement looks just the same to me.
I agree that these toy drones have two colours for direction but also, I think when you film something from a distance that the two colours can appear just as one bright light. Maybe also with the naked eye.....I dunno.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
VIDEO0021: youtu.be...
I don't know if I did that right, but if I did the video will show, but that is a video I posted on YouTube myself of something I saw myself that when it left it did so in the same way
edit on Sun20154V201526430 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Anyone that flies drones, knows that this is a drone.
The flier is on the roof level of the building.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Could be a drone...Cannot know for sure.Unless you do investigations properly.
edit on 19-4-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Could be a drone...Cannot know for sure.Unless you do investigations properly.

I think in this case, we can settle on "drone unless proven otherwise." We will always welcome indisputable proof that it's an alien time travel probe. Who wouldn't?

edit on 19-4-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join