It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have ghosts activating electronics?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MythMaster
a reply to: Losonczy

The house that I live in was once occupied by an older woman known for entertaining and cooking. She was fanatical about keeping a clean kitchen. If my wife and I let the kitchen go for more than a day or 2 without cleaning (which often happens as we both work full time)....the dishwasher will suddenly start to run. Our dishwasher does not have a timer/memory function of any kind and if we're home for an extended period and keep the kitchen clean this phenomenon does not occur.

We laugh at it and just tell them "we'll get to it as soon as possible"

What a great way to look at life. You gave very good advice; AND once that spirit realizes you will honor their request (in your case.... keep the kitchen clean) it will soon move on unless it becomes suspicious and decides to hang around a bit longer ..... just to make sure you keep on .... cleaning that kitchen. Time for it to automatically move on but doesn't? Now it appears that "fear" is now involved with the spirit.

My only advice is to rethink about smiling or laughing at it when you talk to it. They could misinterpret the meaning and become insulted and believe me you don't want to make on of those things angry.

Your kindness and respect will go a long ways both in this world and in the other.

Bless you.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Anyafaj
I've had a couple of incidents. I don't know which ghost or spirit was trying to come through, my aunt or Nana, or a different spirit entirely. We had just moved into an apartment and had no phone connection but I plugged the phone into the wall and plugged the answering machine into the wall so it would be set up and ready to go. For a week every night at 3 AM, the answering machine would click as if we had a message, and yet, we had no phone service, so why did the machine go off? When we pressed play on the message, all we would get was static. I would have loved an EVP reader to see if there was a voice in the static. Finally after a week of waking every night at 3 am, I disconnected the answering machine thinking it would solve the problem. Nope, now the phone would ring, even though, again, no phone service, and again, all there was, was static. It didn't scare me, it just intrigued me.

When phone service is disconnected, it's done digitally, not physically. The wires will still be there. In the telephone exchange, your line will be connected to a circuit board handling one or more telephone lines, and these circuit boards are
racked together vertically and horizontally. The wires to all telephone lines are bundled together, so it's possible you could be getting crosstalk from neighbors phones or the telephone exchange.

Even about 20 years ago? Just curious?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
One time I felt really scared I felt like there's a presence nearby then my phone (samsung galaxy s2) that's laying over my computer suddenly acted funky. It would recharge and make that beeping noise by itself unplugged! It turned it off (shutdown, not restart) and immediately, it turned itself back on! I locked the screen but it kept blinking. the batteries drained quickly too.

Once my feeling of fear went away, the phone's apparent problems went away as quickly too.

I thought at first it was a ghost and then after 6 months passed with flawless operation, I got into a heated argument with my roomie for making a lot noise when everyone is sleeping, this time, not only my phone malfunctioned but also the phone of the roomie I argued with. Both phones were just laying in the bed (we didn't throw it at each other!)

Nearly one year passed with no issues and then I got really scared by this horror movie from my computer. My phone went from 70% to dead in 1 hour! It's only running on GSM network (no WCDMA), wifi off, power saving on, data off, all active apps closed in the background and it's on standby with the screen off! I'm quite savvy with android 4.0 and above and I know everything that is needed to know to save battery in an android devise in both rooted and un rooted devices.

Always, my galaxy phone would last a day or two with just 70% left with minimal use (no internet). The circumstances of that day was quite unusual because the phone wouldn't even accept a recharge until the next day.

I don't think it's due to a ghost but due to raw human emotion that's messing with sensitive electronics.

Either that or there's a ghost that's following me around all the time.
edit on 21-4-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaigeD

I used to live in a house where something liked to turn my tv on and off. Also, it liked to turn the lights in the kitchen and bathroom on and off. And it turned on a furby that was in my closet and hadn't been on in a while. That really creeped me out. My ex Said he saw a ghost in the bedroom but I never saw anything.

I have the same thing happen. I'll be watching tv and all of a sudden the tv shuts itself off and back on. Most times I'm not even holding the remote. Besides, if I turn it off with the remote, the tv and the cable box shut off together. I'm not saying it's a ghost, but it is strange.

I live in a condo, so I've also wondered if a neighbor's remote might be messing with my tv ?

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Perhaps its the energy they give off. Something happened to me too when I was younger although to this day makes no sense. Our old school television (back in the 80"s) turned on one night. The knob to turn the tv on was kinda hard to move since it was already an old unit. Anyway, it came in the middle of the night and it was tuned to the news. Apparently, there had been a plane crash and it was being announced on tv. My parents usually tuned in to Spanish broadcasting stations sot it was strange that it was in an English speaking one and coincidentally, when the plane crash was being reported.

I've always wondered if perhaps there was someone we knew on that plane that wanted our attention.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: magnison

AS Im reading your post, im seeing 1222

I've been seeing the number 1111 for a while now. I'm still trying to figure out what message I'm trying to receive.
edit on 21-4-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Funny thing, right after having read this my iPhone was just dead when I got up the next morning. Nothing like this has ever happened. My wife's dies all the time when it gets cold and low on charge, but mine never has. It was just dead all day long no matter what I tried, just wouldn't turn on even after putting on charge all day. Then suddenly, it was just on again last night like nothing happened.

Not saying this was supernatural, any more than I think the whole field of electronics is supernatural. Well, there is a case for that...

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Funny thing, right after having read this my iPhone was just dead when I got up the next morning. Nothing like this has ever happened. My wife's dies all the time when it gets cold and low on charge, but mine never has. It was just dead all day long no matter what I tried, just wouldn't turn on even after putting on charge all day. Then suddenly, it was just on again last night like nothing happened.

Not saying this was supernatural, any more than I think the whole field of electronics is supernatural. Well, there is a case for that...

I had a Samsung SG2 that used to do it now and then. In order to get it working, I'd have to play the battery game I'd call it. Take the battery out, put the battery back in, now try turning it on, did it work? If not, try same stupid routine. LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Yeah, but the stupid iPhone won't let you take the battery out.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yeah, but the stupid iPhone won't let you take the battery out.

Ahhhh, learn something new every day! I didn't know about that! Then again, the iPod doesn't either, so I guess it makes sense the phone is set up the same way. I've had my iPod for a good 6 years now. Darn thing has fallen on the floor more times than I care to count, unbelievably, still works like a charm! Same with my Kindle Fire. Fallen more times than I care to count, not a scratch on the screen and works perfect! I have a Sony Walkman from 1985, radio/weather/TV/Cassette player, dropped over and over and over again, still plays tapes perfectly to this day, gets perfect stations, including weather band and TV. Man, they need to make stuff those products. That way when they drop, screens won't crack, and like a Timex, they'll just keep on ticking.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yeah this is the first and only real issue I've had with my phone for just about 2 years. Yesterday it might as well have been a brick, or a paperweight. Wouldn't turn on or do a thing. Then after coming back to life mysteriously last night it hasn't missed a beat. Just like nothing was wrong. It doesn't make sense electrically, it's like it just went on vacation.

And maybe strangest of all, when I found it on last night I didn't have to turn it on, it was just on.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yeah this is the first and only real issue I've had with my phone for just about 2 years. Yesterday it might as well have been a brick, or a paperweight. Wouldn't turn on or do a thing. Then after coming back to life mysteriously last night it hasn't missed a beat. Just like nothing was wrong. It doesn't make sense electrically, it's like it just went on vacation.

And maybe strangest of all, when I found it on last night I didn't have to turn it on, it was just on.

I had that happen to two laptops. They turn on partially to a white screen and that's it. They're essentially bricks now. Damn electronics. And it was an apartment that had a lot of weird stuff happen. Wallets missing from the bed, then show up on the bed 20 minutes later after my ex threatened to get a priest to exorcise the house. Stuff like that. Toys playing by themselves in the middle of the night, the phone recording, the "Bad Man" outside the window that looked like a Mohawk Indian.
edit on 4/22/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Whoa, Mohawk bad man looking in the window, that's really creepy!

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
An update. So I was thinking back to the night Mom died. I was staying in a hotel room near the hospital.There was electrical interferance int he room messing with my phone. So my phone wasn't working when the call first came in. An hour later when the call came in and I rushed to the hospital she had been removed from all the machinery and was at peace. I wondered if the missed calls wasn't an intentional play of electrical interference.
Fast forward to this Sunday night when I went to TarryTown New York planning to visit her Monday morning at Sleep Hollow Cemetery. When I got to the hotel, I walked quite a distance to my room, passing the Sleepy Hollow room...put my electronic card key in the door...it was dead. Walked all the way back. Laughed with the desk people that my Mom was probably messing with the card keys. They made me a new one and offered to have one of the bag men walk with me. I said, no, surely the key will work this time. Walking alllllllllll the way back to the room and the electronic key again wouldn't read. Walked alllllll the way back. This time they gave the key to the guy who walked me there. And it worked. When I visited her there Monday morning, all the brass patina around her memorial was green, except for the brass on her plate which was bright blue patina, her favorite color. Then I got back Tuesday and had one of my long distance employees text me and ask if I had an electromagnetic field on me, because the three times I had walked into the room that day Skye had shut down each time. It's strange I tell ya.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Whoa, Mohawk bad man looking in the window, that's really creepy!

Oh definitely. I caught it on film accidentally. Whatever he was, he was SERIOUSLY pissed off! He had a Mohawk, was carrying a tomahawk, and had white paint like looking stuff on his face, or a ghost like look, with black like paint or something around his eyes so they looked black. And of course, our are was known as "The Mohawk Valley". We lived in Rome, NY at the time, near an Oneida Indian Reservation actually. Not the same, I know, but that doesn't mean the Mohawk Indians didn't have a traveler here and there who may have passed on and was in our area. Once I can get the rest of my stuff out of storage at my sister's, I can find the photo, scan it into my computer and upload it here. But promise me and not to hold your breath, it might be at least a year before I get down South to get my stuff. I have to save up for gas money, travel funds, hotel fees, etc...

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
I had a Samsung SG2 that used to do it now and then. In order to get it working, I'd have to play the battery game I'd call it. Take the battery out, put the battery back in, now try turning it on, did it work? If not, try same stupid routine. LOL

Samsung GS2??

I have the same phone and seems to be my only electronic device that gets affected by my strong emotions.

If I'm calm, the phone never had issues. I have accidentally dropped it a few times (no damage due to protective casing) which does not affect it.

But when I get really really angry or nervous - the type that causes my whole body to shake, the poor phone would act crazy, recharging itself intermittently while unplugged! If I turn it off, it will turn itself back on. If I remove the battery and put it back on, it will turn itself on! And then the battery will drain completely in less than one hour.

The only thing that would fix the phone is I calm myself down. I have a new samsung Tab S and a 2014 model I5 laptop which is unaffected.

The only other device that is affected is my roomies' cheap china brand android tablet which actually suffered minor but permanent damage in its electronics.

Perhaps my laptop and the newer samsung device had better EMP protection that's why they were unaffected. I did notice my Lenovo laptop's case had a layer of steel mesh inside it, fully encasing all its electronics. Hasn't opened the Tab S but it was too heavy for its size, felt like it had metal in it. Steel mesh enclosures provide adequate protection from EMP.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Well just don't forget to dig it out and post it when you can. I want to see that. Did it really just look like a Mohawk Indian standing there?

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Well just don't forget to dig it out and post it when you can. I want to see that. Did it really just look like a Mohawk Indian standing there?

I'll definitely post it as soon as I find it. It's on a Walmart Photo Disc. To me it looked like a Mohawk Indian. Maybe to others it looked like something different. When I saw it on the screen, my daughter looked over my shoulder and said, "That's the Batman in my window!" Now I thought she was saying Batman, come to find out she was saying Bad Man. (She had speech problems then.) She would categorically refuse to sleep without something covering her window. Sheet, blanket, curtain, ANYTHING. If she accidentally knocked it down and her dad refused to put it back up, being a jerk, OMG! We were in for one helluva autism tantrum that night. He thought not putting it back up would "teach her a lesson" and she'd stop knocking it down. Ha! Good luck with that! We'd find her sleeping in her closet covered behind her toys and blankets so the "Bad Man" couldn't see her. Her bed stripped of her sheets and blankets because she made a fort of some sort to hide herself from him. She was scared crapless of him. She was paranormal sensitive. She would play with her siblings (my miscarriages), toys would go off in the middle of the night while she slept, you name it.

She was, and still is, a hard core empath. If someone is sad, she's sad. If they're severely depressed, she becomes severely depressed. If they're happy, she's happy. She mimics other's emotions. I'm an empath as well, but no where near as hardcore as she is. One example, after my stepsister's mother died, we let her stay with us for a bit. Now my stepsister is bipolar. She severely spiraled. She became severely depressed and manic as well. My daughter is autistic and has mainly only displayed autistic behaviors, but to see her become manic and severely depressed was odd and almost interesting to say the least. For my daughter's health, we had to have my stepsister go to my other sister's house. (That and my stepsister stealing my daughter's birthday money.) But the mimicry was insane, to see my daughter bawl the way she was bawling, in way she'd never done before, then become manic all of a sudden, again, something she'd never done before, mimicking her aunt, was different, for lack of a better word.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

In another thread, someone said they can do remote drawing. I gave her a description of the Indian and she was quite good! You can thank Midnight13, here's a picture of it. She came creepy close to what I saw on the photo.

According to my daughter, this was what was staring at her when she slept every night.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join