It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone have ghosts activating electronics?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My mother passed away a few years back. I've felt her near a lot in the recent weeks. She gave my son a train a few years ago. One of the train cars hung around and was connected to another series of trains. I went into my living room tonight, having felt my Mom around and heard a sound. I thought the DVD player was on because it was a clicking sound. I went all through the living room. I finally isolated the sound to one of the bins with the kids toys. I pulled out a stretch of trains and saw the car that my Mom had given him. I held it up to my ear and confirmed this was the sound I was hearing and found the power switch to turn it off. Has anyone else had a similar experience where some electronics have been turned on? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why does it have to be a "ghost" as opposed to simply being an electronic toy that was left on at some point, and was clicking because it was finally running out of power (something such toys are wont to do)?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Not particularly electronics being turned on but I have an electronic based story.

I am a military brat so I traveled to many different countries. I was around the age of two and my family had stayed the night in an Australian hotel that was built into a mountain side (some of the walls where actually the mountain.) My mother had a baby monitor for my room and claimed that she heard crying through the speaker. When she went into my room I was sound asleep in my crib. The next day when we where far away from the hotel my dad revealed that the hotel desk attendants where reluctant to rent us that specific room. He said that apparently a mother and her new born baby had been murdered in that unit by the drunk father.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Losonczy

A girl friend of mine lives in an old retirement complex where people die all the time, and many in her apartment before she moved in...She claims they are always fooling with the lights, her TV and her while she sleeps..Her birds and cat freak out for no apparent reason, and ive heard knocks on the door, but when i answer no bodies there, which is really freaky

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Yes, a dear departed friend of mine has a habit of turning on my coffeemaker. Only when the machine has already been loaded and is ready to go. It has happened several times, even when guests were present. They thought I had set it to come automatically but upon examination each time, it was not on auto.
Even my highly skeptical husband has come around and will now comment, "Jerry is making coffee for you." when it kicks on.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Had almost exactly the same thing happen to me when I was a kid: radio controlled car that would start up and go inside it's box, even when the batteries were taken out.

Also, the TV would "glow" sometimes at night when it was turned off...bright enough to light the room.

I freaked out about it for years, my parents were fairly unconcerned. Nowdays, I'm inclined to think that it might have something to do with the highly electrostatic area I lived in. Very dry and loaded with quartz minerals and granite.
It's not much of an explanation, but it's all I've got.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
When I was a little kid my uncle gave me a pocket watch that you had to wind up to make work, just three months before he died.

Anyway, when I was in my early twenties, my then girlfriend kept complaining about a ticking sound in our bedroom. One night she spent a few hours going though the whole room trying to find the source of this ticking sound. Eventually, she came across an old shoe box with random items I had in it. In this shoe box shoe found the old pocket watch my dead uncle had given me right before he died........ just ticking away.

It scared the living crap out of here, like seriously! She was to scared to even go into our bedroom unless I was there for months after.

But then again, that crazy little female was a deceiving little sl*%. So who really knows? lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Yes, ive had a variety of strange electromagnetic phenomena occur in conjunction with what appeared to be poltergeist like activity in a house i lived in many years ago. What i saw a lot of was electronic surges in circuits, which can do screwy things with electronics. Examples: car door locks flipping back and forth of their own accord. tv flashes while off. Burned circuits, fuseboxes catching fire. Lights turning or or off. Seems like small EMPs of sorts.

Been quite a long time, but hope my experience is helpful.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The standby light on my TV sometimes flashes on and off for no apparent reason, and only seems to happen at night (I'm a bit of a night owl). It will do this for a minute or so then stay on like it's supposed to.

Silly really, but I sometimes find this a little unnerving; I often wonder if it's my mother trying to let me know she's there (she passed away 6 years ago).

It seems perfectly reasonable to me that the dear departed might try to manipulate electronic systems to communicate their presence to loved ones.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I enjoy reading accounts like this and prefer to suspend my judgement as only the percipient knows what happened. In my life, I've known several people who've experienced things, like this, that make one think. It appears that a lot of people experience something subtly and profoundly meaningful to them in the hours and days following the death of a loved one.

Here's an example: A friend died when he was only a teenager. He played bass in a metal band and his mum heard rock music coming out of his bedroom. She went in to look and it stopped. She said she'd never heard the music before and felt reassured that he was somewhere safe and playing music. It broke the back of the crushing grief she was going through.

People can argue all day long about 'grief hallucinations' and 'magical thinking,' and it's only when they experience it first-hand, or from someone they love and respect, that the abstract strangeness of these moments really strikes them. Michael Shermer (a famous skeptic), has cheerfully and accurately been nailing 'magical thinking' for years now. Yet when he had his own experience, he could only say we need to keep an open mind.

If you read it, there's a fascinating comment, further down, in amidst the abuse he received from other skeptics.

If the model train carriage provided a moment of peace or love for your mother, who are we to argue what happened? Sometimes the moment matters more than the explanation.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Great Thread. S&F

Both human and inhuman spirits will play with your electronics. Depending who you are dealing with, they can destroy your electronic play toys. They want to get your attention. A basic form of communication that is barely known about and seldom researched. So once they start showing signs they normally will not quit but continue and if so....... then someone needs to find a way to communicate with it to find out what it wants. If you want the thing gone for good then just contact someone who knows how to handle the issue either an experienced paranormal team or the clergy (ordained priest) to look at the problem.

I have read a few posts where people talk about "clearing a home" and I highly recommend this be done each time you move into a new residence BUT let it be done correctly. Many discuss the use of white sage (occult ritual - Pagan - Middle Ages) and yes it does help but blessed salt, water and oil is to be used first with white sage burning in the background.....my point is ...... when done wrong, (which is very easy to do) will have ill effects. At best only a temporary time of peace in the home but it picks back up again.........and no one wants that. This is the reason to bring in someone who can recite the entire ritual orally prayer, blessing, binding command, expose and expel, then sanctify every corner of every room before leaving that room and moving on. As you can see it is time consuming and not a simple "waLk through". Oh....... of course we need to find out why and how the negative entity became involved with that particular family member or the entire family itself (normally it is one special person the entity is attached to).

Both human and inhuman spirits have emotions like we have and they can be as extreme in the spiritual world (dimension) as in our physical world (dimension). A ghost can be just as mean and dangerous as any demon. If a ghost wants it can bring bad luck, sickness and even death into your family. Some ghost who can not move on and remain "stuck" eventually after many decades of time passing on and being unsuccessful in moving on;........ some become very mean and turn into a poltergeist which often is incorrectly identified as demonic (meaning an inhuman spirit).

NOTE: There is a big difference between how to handle an inhuman spirit and how to handle a human spirit. In order to be successful in exposing and expelling any spirit is to first know with whom you communicating with. You have to get "face to face" with it.

NOTE: Best time when spirits will reveal themselves to you? From my experiences I have had good luck with seeing apparitions after a hard rain fall or during bad storms (lightning) the electricity in the air helps to form the figure, also on evenings with fog. All done in the evening time from 2200 until 0500 hours. Low light environment.

You don't go to your mechanic when you feel sick. He can not help you. Same with spirits. Do you simply go the internet and read someone's website article and now you are ready to clear and bless someone's home or you have a friend who read a book about it.....or contact someone who has training and experience?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Yes, a dear departed friend of mine has a habit of turning on my coffeemaker. Only when the machine has already been loaded and is ready to go. It has happened several times, even when guests were present. They thought I had set it to come automatically but upon examination each time, it was not on auto.
Even my highly skeptical husband has come around and will now comment, "Jerry is making coffee for you." when it kicks on.

I have a couple of stories. My coffee pot has turned on by its self 3 times in the last year or so...always around 830pm give or take...not sure what to make of it, and I suppose it's possible it's just a glitch...though I've never had glitches like this in any other electronic gadgets. Once my keyboard started playing a prerecorded rhythm track all by it's self one night...though it could have been the cat that jumped on the keys and started it...but I don't think so...

However, one incident that I can't explain away is this:

So, I'm one of those 'number' people...been seeing 1:11 or 11:11, 222, 333 etc. For those people that experience this you know what I'm talking about it. It's NOT my imagination or in my head.

Anyway, last summer, after a particularly noticeable increase of seeing 222 everywhere, on a Sunday, I just happened to be in a great mood...listening to Youtube video's. I had recently rediscovered this song I love....Season's of Love, from the Glee version.

So, I was listening to that song, not once, but like 10 times in a row...something about it at the time just made me cry and be thankful and loving and all of that...like being in church but all by myself at home.

Later that evening, after 12 midnight, I was watching TV in the other room when suddenly my computer turned on and started playing Seasons of Love from Youtube...I hadn't logged off the site but my laptop had went into sleep mode.

So, off the couch I go to turn the computer off, wondering how in the hell it just did that...only to find that it was 2:22 am exactly when it did this. After seeing 222 here and there for a few weeks, then THIS! It's hard to describe the giddy feeling I had that such a syncronicity had just happened.

Anyway, one of my best stories to tell about numbers and weird stuff. My interpretation is that the numbers, for me, are my own personal 'wake up call'...and it worked!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've had a couple of incidents. I don't know which ghost or spirit was trying to come through, my aunt or Nana, or a different spirit entirely. We had just moved into an apartment and had no phone connection but I plugged the phone into the wall and plugged the answering machine into the wall so it would be set up and ready to go. For a week every night at 3 AM, the answering machine would click as if we had a message, and yet, we had no phone service, so why did the machine go off? When we pressed play on the message, all we would get was static. I would have loved an EVP reader to see if there was a voice in the static. Finally after a week of waking every night at 3 am, I disconnected the answering machine thinking it would solve the problem. Nope, now the phone would ring, even though, again, no phone service, and again, all there was, was static. It didn't scare me, it just intrigued me.

My daughter and ex were very sensitive, me sort of, but not as much. Mine is more intuition based, and dream based. My daughter would play with her "brothers and sisters" from heaven. (My previous miscarriages). And when she was sleeping, you could hear her toys moving about, not necessarily the electronic ones, just any toy. And sometimes you could hear children giggles and laughter. I don't know if it was her brothers and sisters, but since it was small children and they never tried to cause harm, I was never bothered by it.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The house that I live in was once occupied by an older woman known for entertaining and cooking. She was fanatical about keeping a clean kitchen. If my wife and I let the kitchen go for more than a day or 2 without cleaning (which often happens as we both work full time)....the dishwasher will suddenly start to run. Our dishwasher does not have a timer/memory function of any kind and if we're home for an extended period and keep the kitchen clean this phenomenon does not occur.

We laugh at it and just tell them "we'll get to it as soon as possible"

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
I've had a couple of incidents. I don't know which ghost or spirit was trying to come through, my aunt or Nana, or a different spirit entirely. We had just moved into an apartment and had no phone connection but I plugged the phone into the wall and plugged the answering machine into the wall so it would be set up and ready to go. For a week every night at 3 AM, the answering machine would click as if we had a message, and yet, we had no phone service, so why did the machine go off? When we pressed play on the message, all we would get was static. I would have loved an EVP reader to see if there was a voice in the static. Finally after a week of waking every night at 3 am, I disconnected the answering machine thinking it would solve the problem. Nope, now the phone would ring, even though, again, no phone service, and again, all there was, was static. It didn't scare me, it just intrigued me.

When phone service is disconnected, it's done digitally, not physically. The wires will still be there. In the telephone exchange, your line will be connected to a circuit board handling one or more telephone lines, and these circuit boards are
racked together vertically and horizontally. The wires to all telephone lines are bundled together, so it's possible you could be getting crosstalk from neighbors phones or the telephone exchange.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I used to live in a house where something liked to turn my tv on and off. Also, it liked to turn the lights in the kitchen and bathroom on and off. And it turned on a furby that was in my closet and hadn't been on in a while. That really creeped me out. My ex Said he saw a ghost in the bedroom but I never saw anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

When my brother was killed in '88 my parents woke to find a message on their old mini tape answering machine from him saying "hi mom and dad, just wanted to let you know I'm here and I'm okay" or something like that, it was a long time ago and I heard it but don't remember the exact wording. Anyway, it came in during the night while we were at the hospital getting the news that he was brain dead and there was nothing they could do. My parents saved that tape until they died.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
A house I grew up in had touch lights in my parents bedroom. On occasion, those lights would change intensity by themselves. Seemed strange. I was wondering if power fluctuations could cause that. I on occasion saw those lights keep changing while I was in the room as if someone was playing with it.

I would be interested in knowing if that's common or unusual because I thought about allowing the ghosts in my house another way to communicate with me. I don't want them messing around with my electronic equipment.
I think I'm one of those lucky people with at least one ghost following me around or just living with me. I've seen distortions in the air and thought I felt something like a gentle kiss but not much more or too often.
One moment upon waking up I was startled to think I saw a ghost standing beside me. What startled me was that I thought I saw a woman dressed up in some kind of 1800's outfit. Must have been my imagination I thought but I still got startled.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Lots of times lights will dim when something on the same circuit kicks on, that happens all the time. I don't think there's any explanation for lights getting brighter though, unless they're getting ready to blow. You didn't specify which was the case.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm not sure about 'ghosts', but I have had some very strange electronic goings on in my time.

Most recently - and perhaps the weirdest - happened only a few years back; I awoke in the early AM to violin music being played through my computer. This is strange for a few reasons:

1 - I didn't have / had never heard the music being played
2 - My computer (and speakers) were always switched off at night
3 - The computer required a password to log on

In other words, my PC somehow turned itself (and the speakers) on, logged on to Windows and began playing music that I didn't actually own.

I didn't really think much of it at the time, as I've had quite a few strange experiences in my life... but it certainly spooked me a little more than other things have, because I fail to see how any of it could have occurred.

That aside, I've had my TV turn itself on quite a few times, though it tends to display static only.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join