It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Can Be No God If We Truely Are Part Of a Multiverse..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A Multiverse, more or less due to an infinite number of Universes, can by definition, lead to at least some of these 'pocket' Universes having been created as a direct intention, as a consequence of, or otherwise brought into existence by God..any God.

A Multiverse is theorised to contain an infinite quantity of Universes..each within their own 'Universal bubble', insulating and isolating each Universe and preventing collisions and other ill effects that may result from a Universal merging or straying too close to one another.

In an infinite Multiverse (or even an infinite Universe), there MUST be infinite possibilities. The infinite potential for an infinite diversity of..anything.

Anything must be possible.

That also includes the notion that in an infinite Multiverse, or indeed an ordinary, common-or-garden Universe..that there must exist the possibility that a God had no part of it's creation, instead the Universe existing by some other unknown method.

What i'd like you to consider is...it is entirely within probability, if we live in an infinite Universe, or are just one of an infinite number of Universes, that our Universe may be among those Universes not created by a Deity of some description?

Because there must be at least one...

edit on 18-4-2015 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There isn't a 'deity' perhaps..but there are beings. Spiritual Beings. beings.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

I hope there is..and they are good people!

Thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
A Multiverse, more or less due to an infinite number of Universes, can by definition, lead to at least some of these 'pocket' Universes....

MY POCKET UNIVERSE

We Are Fractal.
edit on 18/4/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

And how do we know god didn't create the multi verse? Just playing devils advocate 😁

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I welcome your point of view.

Perhaps (a) God did...but the 'infinite' in infinite Universe and / or Infinite Multiverse means that there MUST (no quibble, no question about it kinda deal) be at least one, single Universe that wasn't created by any God, regardless of creed.

Infinite possibilities and all that.

It could be this one we're typing from that wasn't.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I'd have given you a few stars if i could have nerbot...very pretty indeed.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Given that this is a catch 22 question...

Sort of a checkmate with the infinite possibilities theory...

Would it not be more likely that in His infinite wisdom God could create Multiverses with a multitude of those not having a belief or knowledge of God...

Therefor yes, Godless, but not necessarily not created by God...

Due to there being infinite possibilities within each Verse...
Wouldn't negate a Creator of all...
Just perspective of such within.

Maybe...
Philisophically, you've inteigued me MysterX, thank you!
edit on 18-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I suppose anything is possible..

like this movie, here is the short version:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would think that even if we lived within a multiverse, that there would still have to be at least one constant, whatever that constant might be, across every multiverse.

Wouldn't it be possible that God could be that constant?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Love is. I am and always will be VERY uncomfortable with the word 'God'. big or little g. Love is my God.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
a reply to: MysterX

And how do we know god didn't create the multi verse? Just playing devils advocate 😁

When you are talking about infinities, an outside creator being is impossible. Nothing can be 'outside' of infinity. Creation is self-organizing.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't agree with your premise.

A multi-verse would be ideal for a 'God' or being to learn about itself through its creations. Also, creation is too perfect in its use of mathematics and design to be random (in my opinion).

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Universe is Infinite but limited if that makes sense. See there is an infinite amount of physical mass where the milkyway is. It's just limited.

Are you confused by that? well it may be infinit but its not all there at one time. It's limited by the progression of time. The milkyway itself will die and be replaced over and over and over an infinite amount of times. But these new or old galaxies do not exist all at the same time. Similarly, the universe is infinite in size sure. Because it never ends from one direction to the other. However the physical matter is limited within the universe because you have to go a certain distance before you encounter more matter, that is why there is so much empty space seemingly. And since physical matter does not exist forever because energy decays. Then it must recharge.

A black hole sucks in all depleted matter around it and turns it into dark energy. By increasing the volume of dark energy around the black hole, you get dark matter. But as the Jets shoot out the dark matter it turns into dark energy filling up empty space.

Eventually the empty space that is crushed non motorized matter will expand and send super charged particles through space to rejoin a galaxy that exists or is forming, replenishing spent matter.

So over a very long period of time the matter exists infinitely, because it is constantly being crushed and expanded. And this occures in all directions infinitely, it it is limited by time.

So the Universe is both Infinite and Limited.

In the case of infinity it goes on forever, and continues to do this forever. And the size of this universe is infinite in all directions. But its not like, If you kill as many pigs as you want they will just spawn infinitely or something. That's not how it works. There are governing rules in the universe.

So i mean almost anything is possible. It's not Infinity as you describe it no. It is very much limited.

Like the growth of vegitation. You cannot take more from the trees than allows for growth to replenish. See if we lived in the infinite universe you described. we could take everything we want from the earth and not care. But it is limited.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If there is a super-supreme-omniptotent God which we can't fathom or even slightly imagine then yes he could. He would be outside of any natural-supernatural law if he/she/it see's fit.

There would be no time for him no laws, no endlessness, but perhaps eternity? (as an unmeasurable duration of all time (time being all the different time and laws in all the universes)

Couldn't he be outside of everything, yet inside everything all at once and maybe more that we can't even imagine according to our laws and our being?

And regarding that he would not be God of some universe, maybe he chose not to be it's god? Wouldn't it be his choice to choose which world he would like for himself? Maybe he brought into being a god which in turn made another god which made our universe?(This can also read: Maybe he brought into being a being which in turn made another being which made our universe?)

If there is a uper-duper-super God which is the most uper-duper-super of them all, he surely must be God, Æ?
edit on 18/4/15 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Also there is no need for a multi-verse.

The universe is already packed full to the brim. and extended infinitely in all directions. There just isn't any room for another universe of compariable size.

Like, you could compress physical matter and turn it into black energy sure, but that by no means is another Universe of compariable size to the infinite universe we live in. I don't believe in multi-verse theory at all.

What we see around us and what we can observe, is the one and only universe in its entirety. And everything that is observable within the universe, still is the Universe.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Um, I see God as the Infinite Ocean/Tao of Spirit, and we are all infinite parts of this Great Infinity. Like a mulitverse ocean, and beyond all universes, infinite beyonds, infinity in all diversity of infinite thing and infinite variety, both mind and spirit/intellect and inanimate. With God being all that is animate. Like infinite cells with infinity within, and equally endless, we all are also cojoined with Spirit, yet unique and ourselves.

All that is Love and Goodness that is, for while parts of Infinite Spirit dwells within and is also the beings that are lost, they are nonetheless diminished intellect. You have to withdraw understanding, compassion and spirit to murder someone, and so they become withered and growing smaller, more AI than Spirit/Mind, shrinking in their spirit while impulses and greed and feeding the beast take over. So yes they still have the divine spark but its regressed and even frogetting who they are, mentally deficient. Whereas Love and Understanding, Growth and Goodness is never ending progression. So ultimately God/Intellect/Progression is always Love and Kindness and infinite compassion.

But the state of being lost is temporal for Love never gives up on anyone, not the Tao of Love nor Family.

Also, Family, the higher level, the grade above that watches over us and our Higher Self as well.

So Family and the Tao of Goodness and Love.

And the multiverse is just different rooms we go in for our lessons.
edit on 18-4-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
By your own logic..
If infinite universes exist then literally all possibilities must exist & as a result so must an ultimate deity as a possibility in an ocean of infinity which hold all possibility as reality otherwise it's not infinite.

Therefore, again, with your own logic, a God must exist as an extension of infinite possibility which means your thread title is not only inaccurate but a logical fallacy.
edit on 18-4-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
actually, didn't the babelfish settle the argument as to whether or not there was a god?

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TwoRavens

In an infinite universe there both exists a babelfish that settled the argument & a babelfish that did not settle the argument...

Of course there's also a bablefish that said nothing & a babelfish that went to McDonalds for a McFish sandwich which is just messed up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join