It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Can Be No God If We Truely Are Part Of a Multiverse..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As stated before, your god, I'm god, we are all god.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Philisophically, you've inteigued me MysterX, thank you!

You're welcome Charlie, that's what i was hoping for.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

And regarding that he would not be God of some universe, maybe he chose not to be it's god?

Hi Sump.

Are you saying that God didn't not create all of the Verses in an infinite Multiverse, but instead created the condition of entropy in at least one verse and allowed entropy to be that verses' driving force alone?

That would still make a God the creator, essentially speaking, of that particular Verse...even though that God would have nothing to do with it.

That doesn't play nicely with the thought experiment i had in mind unfortunately, but instead becomes just another of the permissible infinite possible realities of an infinite Multiverse.

The Verse next door to the Verse where the creator God has taken a back seat after creating it, then 'flipping it's entropy switch' and leaving it to it's own devices, is the Verse i'm talking about!

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.
theopendoorway.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

If there's no physical room for another Verse in a Multiverse...what is the emptiness that our galaxies are expanding into and rushing towards i wonder?

And why do they call it space?

If it were choc-full of matter, It would be called something like..full..wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

In this infinite ocean of 'learning rooms' (Verses)..there must exist every possible situation to the infinite degree..even a hidden 'classroom' or two, where not only the students, but the teacher itself are unaware of it's existence or location.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
By your own logic..
If infinite universes exist then literally all possibilities must exist & as a result so must an ultimate deity as a possibility in an ocean of infinity which hold all possibility as reality otherwise it's not infinite.

Therefore, again, with your own logic, a God must exist as an extension of infinite possibility which means your thread title is not only inaccurate but a logical fallacy.

Not when you really consider the implications of infinite realities in infinite Verses...what you say is logical, but you are ironically missing the point of your intelligently constructed point!

If you see the point...

Truly infinite realities MUST include both scenarios..at least both. God existing in / creating all Verses, and ALSO, in none, in some, in half, in most, in 99.9999% of them (and so on..infinitely).

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
a reply to: TwoRavens

In an infinite universe there both exists a babelfish that settled the argument & a babelfish that did not settle the argument...

Of course there's also a bablefish that said nothing & a babelfish that went to McDonalds for a McFish sandwich which is just messed up.

There you go!

That's the point.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

I think of it this way.

We are a species with limited comprehension of our physical and metaphysical environment, it would be a very long process to gain even a fraction of a % of the comprehension required to begin to get the full picture of what reality is actually about, much less apply anything approaching a scientific or even spiritual proof of that limited understanding.

We do have a massive capacity for freedom of thought though..and what we have in terms of actual hard knowledge, we resoundingly trump in thought..and even then i instinctively feel, we barely scratch the surface of reality, regardless of how far into the void our mental wanderings venture.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If there were a truly INFINITE number of WOW servers, then yes...there would be a server (or more) that had no developers.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

Thanks Here4this...anything is possible, in fact, anything HAS to be possible in an infinite Multiverse...that's the concept behind this 'think-along' OP.

Infinite Verses, perhaps infinite Multiverses..must mean the Higgs particle is God, in at least one of them.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

As of now, and well before now, all of perceived existence was limited to our comprehension or our ability to conceive abstract concepts.

Once, with varying levels of certainty, our immediate vicinity was all of existence, then our world..then our Solar System, Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse...

Descriptions of any of these things come from us, Humanity. We use descriptions of things we attempt to classify, according to our perceived comprehension of those things...if we don't comprehend a thing, we can properly describe that thing with any level of certainty.

edit on 19-4-2015 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

For example, with infinite time, with infinite pieces of paper, with infinite blue and green crayons, I can make infinite pictures all different, but never will any of those pictures be red, pink, or orange.

Think laterally....your infinite blue and green crayon pictures, in an infinite reality will be seen by those who perceive both blue and green as red, pink and orange.

Even in our limited experience of life on this small world we live on, different species see different colours...

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

There is no way to prove or disprove god and men many times smarter have tried.

I am attempting neither.

Thought experiment is confined to our minds only, none of this requires proof or evidence of either a God, a Multiverse or even Infinity.

The only requirement is the ability to unleash your mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This page is starting to become an infinite sea of my posts...i'll ease off a bit i think.

Love the interesting and challenging thinking that is coming off a lot of you, thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Something had to create the primary construct.
Just saying.

Call it what you will.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

that there must exist the possibility that a God had no part of it's creation, instead the Universe existing by some other unknown method.

The "Unknown method" is the big question

Either it was due to non concious accident or chance that all came to be or it was a concious act.

We recognize that we are concious beings ... and generally it is becoming more accepted that there are also other intelligent beings within the Universe/s.

Yet are we responsible for creating the Earth or Sun or other stars

So either Intelligence came after the birth and was a product of the Universe
Or Intelligence was the reason for it's Creation

I go with the latter

edit on 19-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

So either Intelligence came after the birth and was a product of the Universe
Or Intelligence was the reason for it's Creation

I go with the latter

I go with the latter too.

I believe consciousness evolved out of energy, an energy consciousness. Then that consciousness evolved as a creator, whether one or multiple.

Basically everything is an energy consciousness thought creation, layer upon layer, upon layer, upon layer. Layers and multiples.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
unless we are in the universe where multiverse isnt real. i mean, if there are infinite universes, then there has to be one where the multiverse isnt.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If anything, you'd think there is one if there were so many universes, being born in instants, beginning to end like they were simulations of cosmic events to where some universes could be that eternal. And that those infinite spanning universes are constantly splitting or even possibly binding.

Some universe could of been just probabilities, where some are just going through the motions of results and chains.

I doubt spiritual beings could create the Universe first, I mean God is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning of the End.

edit on 19-4-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join