It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'Trainers' Arrive in Ukraine for Operation Fearless Guardian

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Bad move...unless the plan is to radically inflame the situation for unknown purposes, which frankly isn't remotely off the table, however nuts it would be now, tensions as they are.

I would imagine they'd be organised by an outfit Completely In Attendance...again.

As they did such a 'good job' from the rooftops last time, i'd imagine this particular group of mercs, many of which were here last time, are pretty pleased with themselves...they won't be if their, or maybe when their actions lead to a much, much more devastating confrontation as a consequence.

I doubt that would be particularly pleasant for most of us, one way or another.

It's a bad idea, and someone ought to show a little professionalism and reign this in before it can endanger all of us.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

None of us really know what is going on in the region. A lesson well learned from Vietnam and the Soviet Afganhistan, is control of the media. Both sides (all sides?) have ramped up the propoganda machines.

Please lets not make this about who is right and who is wrong. Agressive war is always wrong not to mention considered, internationally, illegal.

I think we will all agree that utilmately possession of diminishing resources (and the artic) are the goal on both sides whatever those sides turn out to be. What these agressive macho players seem unable to admit is that fighting over resources instead of conserving them and sharing them could doom mankind.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
Us putting 300 troops isn't up to Russia it's up to Ukraine and nobody's going to war with Russia.

It is because russia is using the same fail ideology the imperial Japanese used before WW2.

They "are a great nation" and thus "have a right to a great empire".

The quotes are actually from the imperial Japanese, but I think they fit rather well in this context.

Americans have never said they "are a great nation" have they now. Americans don't have bases outside their country.

How many bases does Russia have outside of Russia? How many does America have outside of America?

A very good point and a reasonable assessment of imperial design.

Here's a bit from an 211 article on the subject:

India, a rising power, almost had one (but the Tajiks said no). China, which last year became the world’s second largest economy as well as the planet’s leading energy consumer, and is expanding abroad like mad (largely via trade and the power of the purse), still has none. The Russians have a few (in Central Asia where “the great game” is ongoing), as do those former colonial powers Great Britain and France, as do certain NATO countries in Afghanistan. Sooner or later, Japan may even have one.

All of them together -- and maybe you've already guessed that I’m talking about military bases not on one’s own territory -- add up to a relatively modest (if unknown) total. The U.S., on the other hand, has enough bases abroad to sink the world. You almost have the feeling that a single American mega-base like Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan could swallow them all up. It’s so large that a special Air Force “team” has to be assigned to it just to deal with the mail arriving every day, 360,000 pounds of it in November 2010 alone. At the same base, the U.S. has just spent $130 million building “a better gas station for aircraft... [a] new refueling system, which features a pair of 1.1-million gallon tanks and two miles of pipes.” Imagine that: two miles of pipes, thousands of miles from home -- and that’s just to scratch the surface of Bagram's enormity.

www.tomdispatch.com...

An excellent documentary on US presence overseas since the end of the Cold War is "Standing Army".

But again - why can't we learn that wars of agression and aquisition are no longer viable in a severly degraded world. War is the biggest source of pollution on the planet - nothing, no desecration of people or planet, is out of bounds where ever and whoever agression is practised.

And I define 'agression' as any word, thought or deed; that attempts to force another to do one's bidding.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Please stop with the testosterone furled dick waving, please.

It's just this kind of behavoir we are witnessing in the Ukraine. And I for one, don't give a crap, who right or who is wrong, I just don't want millions killed in a pissing contest.

edit on 18-4-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No you havent like I havent, but I am sure your government has....

and I agree it is terrible. I just dont hold fanciful delusions that my country is somehow NOT involved and still part of the west. Not like the other side DOESNT do it also. Everyone does. There are no innocents.

You can blame the US if it makes you feel better. Thats not exactly going to help stop your government from profiting from war or with arms sales, or thanks to the geopositioning that the west has thanks to its war machine.

I can live with it. Others are in denial. When it becomes undeniable they will find it unbearable.

I will just live my life exactly like now since I can see it now already.

I am not shocked. Human nature and the world you live in.

Like I said. Welcome.

edit on 4 18 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I am not shocked. Human nature and the world you live in.

I am. I will never lose this outrage, I will never accept it.

My kind of American doesn't exist anymore.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It is funny to me how these prorussian folks think Iraq or Afghanistan is an example of war.

Ukrainians aren't Russian. And this is Department of Defense video from Associated Press that shows the very real ongoing bombing campaign in Iraq (read that right now). You think those are leaflets they are dropping on bridge spans in Tikrit?

What is your point here?

I don't get the reverence!!!

Real war has not been waged except Chechnya and Syria since the Korean war.

In a real war, they don't tie our soldiers hands behind their backs like Vietnam Iraq and Afghanistan.

They cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. The leash comes off, if civies are in the way, they should have moved. ...humanitarian rights???! Lol, the winner decides that little pearl.

In true war, known as "total war" there aren't actually many rules at all.

It is winner takes all.

A couple bombs is not true war.

It is a couple of bombs.

True war is millions of bombs, millions if soldiers and millions of dead.

Is is a street fight, no holds barred, flat out one country vs another all out as much as they have.

Not ROE ROUF bs america had fought every single engagement since WW2 under.

If this goes hot, I swear I hope it doesn't, it will be very very very had on all sides.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

a reply to: namehere

the thing is that such wars aren't considered serious wars, serious war is far crueler and destructive.

'Serous' war?

Dropping bombs is always serious…

Lol, a couple dozen is a tragedy, but not serious warfare.

In the modern era, the militaries ability to take lives makes WW2 look like a birthday party.

If dropping a couple bombs killing a couple dozen is "serious" in your opinion.

Then what do you call thousands?

How about millions then?

See you can't rush to words that ate extreme like serious, when muchuch much worse van happen.

It shows your words are nothing but hyperbole.

Thus not genuine.

Thus mist likely not taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

a reply to: tadaman

Pro tip....its human nature and the world we live in. Welcome.

I haven't bombed anyone and that s*** ain't acceptable.

But it is reality!!!!

Either catch up and educate yourself, or don't join a grown up conversation.

The kiddie table where the world is a magical fairytale is to your right.

In the real world, wars happen, always have, hence militaries existing.

Your imagined world has not once ever or will exist.

Once again the kiddy table is located to your right.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Please stop with the testosterone furled dick waving, please.

It's just this kind of behavoir we are witnessing in the Ukraine. And I for one, don't give a crap, who right or who is wrong, I just don't want millions killed in a pissing contest.

Wtf are you talking about?

I am not waving any portion of my phalis so it can be measured.

War will happen, this is an unmistakable fact.

Humans are known for several things historically.

In order of precedence.
War
Reproduction
Consumption of resources

To deny this is idiotic.

There are thousands of historical examples that back this up.

It is gou g to happen.

Sticking your hand in the sand because you believe in some magical nonexistant world where this is not a fact at all times is as ignorant of the facts as ignorant gets.

Hell I sm shocked we made it this long without a real war.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Who the heck is stupid enough to put foreign military right next door to arch enemies? And ones with freaking NUKES to top it off? How would we react if Russia sent its military into Mexico to aid the cartel? That's what we're doing in Ukraine right, we're taking an opposition, giving them guns, helping them kill and install new government. I'm sure if Russia popped in over here the HYPOCRACY would be overwhelming! I just feel like this is all a nightmare reality being run by the most evil pieces of crap, bent on destroying the world and actual reality can't be this damn illogically pathetic......

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

Yea you go on ahead and shoot at me and my brothers and see what happens. I'll be interested to know if there really is a bright light and tunnel and god greeting you.

#en profess our murders and your willingness to kill us! I can't believe some of the things allowed on this sight. I wonder if your protest is as loud in person. But guess what everyones tough until they're not.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

In order of precedence.
War
Reproduction
Consumption of resources

To deny this is idiotic.

Yah, so next time theres a "terror" incident you can shut the hell up, after all its okay…

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I can't believe some of the things allowed on this sight.

Agreed…

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Yea you go on ahead and shoot at me and my brothers and see what happens. I'll be interested to know if there really is a bright light and tunnel and god greeting you.

#en profess our murders and your willingness to kill us! I can't believe some of the things allowed on this sight. I wonder if your protest is as loud in person. But guess what everyones tough until they're not.

Well, they do allow atrocious spelling and bad grammar.

So, why not

I guess if you want it that way, all those anti-Russian threads should be the first to go with all the hate spewed in them.

edit on 19-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Alrighty grammar police. I'm on a cell phone and auto correct has a mind of its own. Withstanding don't threaten my people. Shooting at us is never a good idea.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Shooting at us is never a good idea.

Because what comes back in return will make them wish they didn't do it.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Yea the 50 mike mike = red mist.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Ah they may as well just get it over with, everybody knows whats going on. Unless your brain dead, which may include 90% of the populations of earth this whole planet and society runs and is depended on stupid people. Said it long ago its more like a corporate take over, though you know with people dying and stuff. But fools will be fools and if they actually fell for all that garbage they deserve the hell they helped and brought on, I feel no pity for whats coming down for any of the Ukrainians citizens, just like I will feel no pity when the boot is on the other foot and comes back around, you all created all this anyways.

But this whole Putin and Crimea thing has to stop, I mean on all accounts Putin is a weak leader, he seems to be trying to appease everybody, and has business ties on both ends. Its more fake wrestling, what Russia needs is a leader like Stalin or Lenin, then they could get this party started. Maybe then the whole shirtless meme thing will stop then, I mean I have been in that part of Europe and being shirtless is not as big a thing, if at all to anybody, I mean you got nude beaches and nobody bats an eyelash. I suppose its just the outlook of the whole fake puritan American homophobic/homoerotic western thing they got going, they make a big deal out of everything.

So ya! I suppose they may as well get on with it. You know once the business deals are signed and go through. Its like one long drawn out drama which you know were its heading and what all the actors are going to say days ahead before they say it. I mean get on with it already.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Alrighty grammar police. I'm on a cell phone and auto correct has a mind of its own. Withstanding don't threaten my people. Shooting at us is never a good idea.

Again, can we stop with the dick waving, please. How do you think the situation surrounding the Ukraine got that way?

Western & Russian dick waving. Mine's bigger then yours, ad infinitum, gets everybody killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join