It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'Trainers' Arrive in Ukraine for Operation Fearless Guardian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: bullcat

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
Us putting 300 troops isn't up to Russia it's up to Ukraine and nobody's going to war with Russia.

It is because russia is using the same fail ideology the imperial Japanese used before WW2.

They "are a great nation" and thus "have a right to a great empire".

The quotes are actually from the imperial Japanese, but I think they fit ratwell in this context.

Americans have never said they "are a great nation" have they now. Americans don't have bases outside their country.

How many bases does Russia have outside of Russia? How many does America have outside of America?

You ever wonder why?

A lot of places want american military in their countries.

We spend money in their economies, we provide security, and it prevents possible enemies from attacking them.

Nobody wants a Russian base in their country, because russia has a long track record of keeping other peoples land once they have military forces on it.

Do you not see the obvious advantage of US bases, and disadvantage of Russian bases?

NO WE DO NOT, POLITICIANS DO, because they're coerced by the Americans, and their job is on the line.

WE DO NOT WANT AMERICAN BASES in OUR COUNTRY.

Gets tiring hearing that bs excuse, we all know well how the world of politics works.

edit on 18-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: bullcat

Yeah, honestly with all the evils the US has, lack of oversight is not one of them.

In the end, we will not do or think what we do or think now. When war is in full bloom, you will have gone through things you cant even understand now.

If there is a full blown war between the US and Russia with no nuclear strikes, then we will be at war for many decades, and we will not be the same people we are now.

Some will join the war effort, no matter how much they huff and puff now, and hide their past words and sentiment as they will be dangerous.

Others will outright join the other side......

I imagine that many who are soldiers now will not want to be them later and both sides will lose their peacetime career soldiers. Those who have already been through this will go insane or just become miserable....they wont want to give any more and they will see every sacrifice wiith contempt.

This is especially true for Russia. They will need to force guns into peoples hands. Their "patriots" are running on high pitched propaganda. That runs out fairly quickly when hungry or getting shot at...historically, who knows what will happen now.

This is not just a war between nations. This is a global civil war.

I will be the first to say it. GLOBAL CIVIL WAR.

This is our "north VS south"...like the wars before the age of man....

I pray that you are wrong.

But sadly I believe you may be right.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Us putting 300 troops isn't up to Russia it's up to Ukraine and nobody's going to war with Russia.

It is because russia is using the same fail ideology the imperial Japanese used before WW2.

The quotes are actually from the imperial Japanese, but I think they fit rather well in this context.

This isn't Vietnam and Russia isn't invincible. The spineless Obama isn't going to attack Russia.

I agree, russia dispute its propaganda campaign is not invincible.

This is not Vietnam.

And Obama is a spineless weakling.

He will not attack russia.

But the elections are only a year and a half away.

Russian aggression will get a hawk elected over here that likely will attack russia.

If russia doesn't stop its bully tactics and saber rattling, there will be war.

American voters will vote a strong war hawk in as the pres, if they think war with russia is inevitable.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

You arent kidding. I may actually vote again this time around. The strongest leader will get my vote, even if he is everything I hate. The alternatives are far worse.

Either Way, no matter who is elected, if a war does come about he will be replaced by a military commander. I have little doubt.

edit on 4 18 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Welp, there goes the US isn't involved in Ukraine lament… like it was never there.

173rd brigade did the same thing in Nam, Iraq and Afghanistan… none of which can be called victorious.

Wiki

I was hoping we wouldn't get involved.

This situation is way different than Vietnam or Iraq/Afghanistan.

In those were fighting against the civilian population, on their own land.

In this instance it is more like WW2 where it is foreign troops on foreign land with the civilian population in our favor.

But that paints it too black and white.

It is much more involved and chaotic.

You've been involved for years before it kicked off to this.

What are you talking about "hoping to not get involved"? You were knee deep in it for years.

How do you figure?

Oic.

It is because you are prorussian.

So the US giving aid to one of our allies isn't in russian favor, therefore we are the bad guys.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Hope this does turn into another Nam, America needs a good reminder. People seem to have forgotten their past.

Let's see all the armchair patriots scurry under the chairs once their draft letters come in.

America doesn't compell military service.

Volunteers are much better at the job.

Besides, I am a vet, I am no armchair patriot.

I did serve.

I don't care whether you're a vet or not, I don't owe you anything. In fact I'm ashamed of you, a disgrace.

Did I say you owed me anything?

You said armchair patriots.

I am no armchair patriot.

I am a veteran.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Well ism't this ironic...

Putin is mad because the US is training Ukraine's military, yet he has no problem training the separatists and supplying them with military hardware.

As far as the troops being sent...

Ukraine's Interior Minister Arsen Avakov had earlier said the US brigade would train about 900 Ukrainian National Guard troops.

The 173rd Airborne Brigade has already trained with Ukrainian forces elsewhere in Europe and took part in the multinational Rapid Trident field training exercises in Ukraine in September.

"The Americans have enormous combat experience and will teach skills to our military that can be used in combat," Ukrainian army spokesman Andriy Lysenko told a news conference Friday.

The training will include "how to give first aid, react to shelling and find out the positions of militants", he said.

news.yahoo.com...

Seems the OP source left out some info, so it looks like the Ukrainian military want to actually learn how to fight in conflicts instead of being like they are now.

That is and has been the prorussisn attitude since the start.

They think the Ukraine has to bend over and take it, because russia "deserves an empire".

As soon as they don't just take, or get aid from the west, it is all our fault.

I don't get the idiotic stance at all.

There is no logic behind it.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The quotes are actually from the imperial Japanese, but I think they fit ratwell in this context.

Americans have never said they "are a great nation" have they now. Americans don't have bases outside their country.

How many bases does Russia have outside of Russia? How many does America have outside of America?

You ever wonder why?

We spend money in their economies, we provide security, and it prevents possible enemies from attacking them.

Nobody wants a Russian base in their country, because russia has a long track record of keeping other peoples land once they have military forces on it.

Do you not see the obvious advantage of US bases, and disadvantage of Russian bases?

NO WE DO NOT, POLITICIANS DO, because they're coerced by the Americans, and their job is on the line.

Gets tiring hearing that bs excuse, we all know well how the world of politics works.

So by "we" you personally are speaking for everyone in every nation we have a base in?

OK just Making sure.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You ever wonder why?

So by "we" you personally are speaking for everyone in every nation we have a base in?

OK just Making sure.

Fact remains, when a yank comes to our country and if its in a state of war due to your actions, well, best stack that back plating in your body armour.

You WILL be shot at from all sides.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thats funny.

If we are all in a state of war, that sentiment will get YOU shot by your own people who are not that insane.

Dude, really. Have you ever shot a person? Killed a man? You arent shooting American servicemen and especially not in times of war. No one is...unless they too want to get shot at from all sides.

Its not easy and killing an ally is not exactly easier.

That is armchair warrior talk. Just relax man. Go have a smoke or a pint or something.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Fact remains, when a yank comes to our country and if its in a state of war due to your actions, well, best stack that back plating in your body armour.

You WILL be shot at from all sides.

So, showing your true self I see.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Thats funny.

If we are all in a state of war, that sentiment will get YOU shot by your own people who are not that insane.

Dude, really. have you ever shot a person? Killed a man? You arent shooting American servicemen and especially not in times of war. No one is...unless they too want to get shot at from all sides.

You think I will be there fighting for a war that I don't believe in? LOL

I have lived through 30 years of terrorism, bombings, my own army pointing guns at me and pretending to shoot me as a kid.

Yeah brave men they are, I have already dehumanised them, well, they did that all by themselves, they are no humans in my eye.

Pure scumbags.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

That kind of says it all.

Most people dont have such a terrible story. In the west, what you describe is like a fantasy story. Perhaps, what we have going on over here is a little better. We, um, dont have those things happening.

You may not fight, but your home will probably be the subject of invasion from both sides. So you can leave, stay and kill Americans, what ever. But to be preaching that you wont fight and then say you will kill Americans is a little off.

You will fight it turns out....just not on our side.

maybe you should not be on a predominantly western site where you try to make friends with and learn from people whom you would like to see dead if it came down to it.

I am not trying to tell you what to do, but it seems a little dishonorable.

I am sorry you have suffered, but honestly, I am not willing to suffer for you to feel better. I wont coddle you while you profess murder to my people. SO, good luck...

EDIT TO ADD:
Are you in the west? Ireland or the UK? Thats funny. The only plus side to a war like this is that we can finally just get rid of everyone who is not happy to be here.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

That kind of says it all.

Most people dont have such a terrible story. In the west, what you describe is like a fantasy story. Perhaps, what we have going on over here is a little better. We, um, dont have those things happening.

You may not fight, but your home will probably be the subject of invasion from both sides. So you can leave, stay and kill Americans, what ever. But to be preaching that you wont fight and then say you will kill Americans is a little off.

You will fight it turns out....just not on our side.

maybe you should not be on a predominantly western site where you try to make friends with and learn from people whom you would like to see dead if it came down to it.

I am not trying to tell you what to do, but it seems a little dishonorable.

I am sorry you have suffered, but honestly, I am not willing to suffer for you to feel better. I wont coddle you while you profess murder to my people. SO, good luck...

Stay at home, it's not your fight.

That is all a lot of us want, go home.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Na, if there is a war with Russia, it is my fight. I dont think Russian bombers or acts of war will let me say "excuse me, Just passing through, and oh, they are with me."

Like I said before, if there is a full blown war we will all change. You wont be so brave with words against your country and its allies and will just lower your head like everyone else that feels like you. You may even find yourself fighting other peoples wars when your home is threatened....thanking others who are willing to die to that end.

I am not going to entertain your distant threats from the safety of your western home in times of peace.
You thoroughly dont know what you are talking about.

History does repeat itself apparently.

Have a good one sir. Be well.

link   

Na, if there is a war with Russia, it is my fight. I dont think Russian bombers or acts of war will let me say "excuse me, Just passing through, and oh, they are with me."

Like I said before, if there is a full blown war we will all change. You wont be so brave and will just lower your head like everyone else. You may even find yourself fighting other peoples wars when your home is threatened....thanking others who are willing to die to that end.

I am not going to entertain your distant threats from the safety of your western home in times of peace.
You thoroughly dont know what you are talking about.

History does repeat itself apparently.

Have a good one sir. Be well.

Fine, fight it in your own back yard.

You can fight whomever you wish, do it on your own soil. Not trampling all over our backyard in your dirty boots.

link   

Quit asking for help when you can't handle the problems that come to your country, and that will cure the problem of us helping in times of need.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Quit asking for help when you can't handle the problems that come to your country, and that will cure the problem of us helping in times of need.

Who asked for help? The politicians. We know they don't work for the people.

Just say no, it's not that hard.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Thats laughable. Your backyard to your house? If its still standing and your backyard isnt a crater or if your own people havent shot you by the time we get there, sure.

I will stay clear.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Thats laughable. Your backyard to your house? If its still standing and your backyard isnt a crater or if your own people havent shot you by the time we get there, sure.

So what, it's nothing to do with you, that right there is the problem, continued meddling and interference.

Shouldn't you be solving your own problems in your country first before dictating to others how to solve theirs? Wouldn't that be setting a better example?

Shouldn't your own people come first? Or is it do as you say , but not as you do?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join