It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT in the Congressional crosshairs.... "Weaponized" conspiracies? ...or weaponized truth?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
prison planet, via zerohedge

The topic of RT is hotly debated on ATS but I thought this belongs in political madness because it is definitely bipartisan.

Bloggers, conspiracy theorists and people who challenge establishment narratives on the Internet were all likened to ISIS terrorists during a chilling Congressional hearing which took place yesterday

Apparently RT has achieved some success in the US. The reasons might surprise you.

Without a doubt, RT puts out pro-Russian propaganda, but it also broadcasts truths about geopolitics and U.S. foreign policy that Americans will never see on mainstream corporate networks, precisely because those networks are also engaged in propaganda.

There’s no mystery behind why RT has become so big – telling the truth is popular – but because Washington finds it impossible to compete on that basis, it has been forced to resort to ad hominem attacks and ludicrous comparisons to ISIS in a desperate bid to level the playing field.Without a doubt, RT puts out pro-Russian propaganda, but it also broadcasts truths about geopolitics and U.S. foreign policy that Americans will never see on mainstream corporate networks, precisely because those networks are also engaged in propaganda.

Washington can't compete on "truth". Right. The truth is popular. Go figure.

When the USG can't compete fairly, guess what happens? They take what they want. I read some guy called it "lying and cheating". That's quaint.

How soon before they tire of simply participating in the narrative and steering it? What if they get impatient and just lock it down like China does. Unfortunately folks, I believe that is coming. Give that some thought. That and ...who counts the votes...
edit on 16-4-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Without a doubt, RT puts out pro-Russian propaganda, but it also broadcasts truths about geopolitics and U.S. foreign policy that Americans will never see on mainstream corporate networks, precisely because those networks are also engaged in propaganda.

It's exactly why Russia Today is so popular, excellent journalism

Washington can't compete on "truth". Right. The truth is popular. Go figure.

Brian Williams, Richard Enge, the truth is very popular and unfortunately, for the most part, western journalism doesn't cut the mustard.

Of course, when western governments threaten to jail journalists as terrorists for reporting, it really sets the standard for our ''freedom''.
edit on -180002015-04-16T21:27:19-05:000000001930201519042015Thu, 16 Apr 2015 21:27:19 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Only the people who have already willingly partaken of the Kool-Aid find anything truthful about RT.
It is a Kremlin controlled geopolitical weapon against the West.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Shared shortly before yours but may not be an issue because of different forums?

Here's the video from where the ZeroHedge article is based:
Chairman Royce Questions Witnesses at Hearing on Confronting Russia's Weaponization of Information

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you want to watch a third party candidate debates (who can't raise billions of dollars to be on MSM), you have to tune to RT. thats sums up american MSM in a nutshell.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Only the people who have already willingly partaken of the Kool-Aid find anything truthful about RT.
It is a Kremlin controlled geopolitical weapon against the West.

Honest journalism still exists in limited fashion in the U.K., The Guardian & Telegraph for example, funnily some of their stories mirror what RT reports, so... oh no! Does that mean ''the commies'' have infiltrated the U.K? haha

There's only one ''geopolitical weapon'' at work here, and it's western media corporations waging war on their own populace.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yes how could we be so foolish. Everything ever said on mainstream media is a complete lie. But a Kremlin controlled media outlet speaks the truth?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It is the u.s govt continuing attempt to make any views against the 'govt version' nothing short of a criminal act and an act of terrorism.

The u.s. govt hides its overbearing contempt of freedom behind its retorict of perserving freedom. 'Terrorists' dont ' hate us because ofvour freedoms' they hate the u.s. govt for taking thier freedoms.

What country or organinization is america suppose to fear? Iraq I, iraq II, afganistan, syria, lybia, russia, yeman , iran, north korea, venezuela, or its own citizens? .,...,thats a pretty broad spectrum of people to fear. The u.s govt as become the worlds greatest fear... but it is seemimgly to strong for anyone to stand against.,..hence its overt lieing, deceit and bombing to quell any and all contrary views.

The u.s. govt knows its loseing it grip, and like a dieing animal,featfully lashes out st anything.

Welcome to the new america.......
edit on 4-16-2015 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: clearmind
It is the u.s govt continuing attempt to make any views against the 'govt version' nothing short of a criminal act and an act of terrorism.

The u.s. govt hides its overbearing contempt of freedom behind its retorict of perserving freedom. 'Terrorists' dont ' hate us because ofvour freedoms' they hate the u.s. govt for taking thier freedoms.

What country or organinization is america suppose to fear? Iraq I, iraq II, afganistan, syria, lybia, russia, yeman , iran, north korea, venezuela, or its own citizens? .,...,thats a pretty broad spectrum of people to fear. The u.s govt as become the worlds greatest fear... but it is seemimgly to strong for anyone to stand against.,..hence its overt lieing, deceit and bombing to quell any and all contrary views.

The u.a. govt knows its loseing it grip, and like a dieing animal,featfully lashes out st anything.

I've asked this 100 times without reply. If RT is so truthful show me three articles critical of Vladimir Putin by RT since it's inception.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
Yes how could we be so foolish. Everything ever said on mainstream media is a complete lie. But a Kremlin controlled media outlet speaks the truth?

No, too extreme and it's not as black & white as that. Western media has a tendency to word things in certain ways, report one side of a story & in some cases, miss reporting stories at all, they also give small website space to stories they don't deem relevant but actually are (the ECB riots for example). All of this verified of course using Twitter, Facebook and RT

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

No, too extreme and it's not as black & white as that. Western media has a tendency to word things in certain ways, report one side of a story & in some cases, miss reporting stories at all, they also give small website space to stories they don't deem relevant but actually are (the ECB riots for example). All of this verified of course using Twitter, Facebook and RT

Switch from Fox to MSNBC and try and repeat your fantasy. Yet I'm still waiting for three articles critical of Vladimir Putin since RT's inception.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
I really like Zero-Hedge & on RT Max & Stacey are really great.
Merkel got the report from her intelligence agencies saying that neither Russia nor the Rebels had anything to do with the downing of mh17 but the report would not state who did it. Merkel tried to stand against the US sending arms & money to the Ukraine BUT NO ONE can stand against the power of the US. Even she had to bend over and say "thank you sir, may I have another".
A conspiracy implies something illegal, when it is done by the US it is fully legal and approved by all branches of our government.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Switch from Fox to MSNBC and try and repeat your fantasy. Yet I'm still waiting for three articles critical of Vladimir Putin since RT's inception.

That's your concern, when you're as interested as I am, I just know good journalism

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

That's funny!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: clearmind

The u.s. govt knows its loseing it grip, and like a dieing animal,featfully lashes out st anything.

The ramblings of paranoia, perhaps you need help. Call a help line or have a friend set up an appointment for you if you are too paranoid to call for help.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

That's funny!

Not at all, as good as RT is, having to rely on a Russian channel combined with Twitter & Facebook as some of your last source of honest information is not funny.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Don't encourage them. There is already a hotline set up 1-800- RT PUTIN !! (your stop for anti-western rhetoric)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

So you claim Twitter is an accurate source? Then what is your opinion on the pro-Russian separate text when they claim to have shot down a plane the same day as MH- 17 went down ?
edit on 16-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

So you claim Twitter is an accurate source? Then what is your opinion on the pro-Russian separate text when they claim to have shot down a plane the same day as MH- 17 went down ?

Very much so.

I never seen it and nor do I see the words ''airliner'' or ''passenger plane'' in your vague description. Plus there's also the fact it's hard evidence of nothing.

I'll wait until the Dutch complete the investigation and nor will I be surprised if suspicion is cast upon Kiev.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

How could I be so foolish. You obviously get all your information from RT and YouTube.

Myself I am also undecided on MH 17. But I will not discount the Twitter post I saw because RT said they're fake.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join