It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT in the Congressional crosshairs.... "Weaponized" conspiracies? ...or weaponized truth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

How could I be so foolish. You obviously get all your information from RT and YouTube.

Myself I am also undecided on MH 17. But I will not discount the Twitter post I saw because RT said they're fake.

I don't even think I read the story either, however with Ukranians fighting Ukranians it would be understandable if things got confusing, deliberately or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I marked this thread to favorites to see whether you change your mind when the Dutch report comes out.

Good night.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Only the people who have already willingly partaken of the Kool-Aid find anything truthful about RT.
It is a Kremlin controlled geopolitical weapon against the West.

The second statement is quite true.
The first is false. I recall some years back, in the capstone for my first degree (in the field of polisci), we watched RT reporting on Hugo Chavez - back when the U.S. was trying to strike him down (bit late now). They y'know, actually went to Venezuela and talked to people there. Yet, they presented him in a mixed light - not purely supportive.

There were things he did wrong and things that people supported him on. Meanwhile, Western reporting portrayed him as the new devil incarnate. It was quite an interesting thing - I had thought RT was utter garbage before. I think it's still a propaganda piece, but there is some truth to be found in it. Al Jazeera is also pretty awesome and way less of a propaganda piece than any mainstream source.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I marked this thread to favorites to see whether you change your mind when the Dutch report comes out.

Good night.

Change my mind about what exactly? The report may not find anyone guilty.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Do you forget what you even said? You said you would wait to make your mind up until the Dutch report comes out. Oh God please keep arguing this because if you change your mind it will make my bookmark Of your words so much better.

Edit; Never mind it's pretty apparent your mind is already made up. ( RT The bastion of truth) lol

edit on 17-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Do you forget what you even said? You said you would wait to make your mind up until the Dutch report comes out. Oh God please keep arguing this because if you change your mind it will make my bookmark Of your words so much better.

Edit; Never mind it's pretty apparent your mind is already made up. ( RT The bastion of truth) lol

Oh, your hatred of RT made your communication go all haywire for a sec haha

What's in the report will be in the report, regardless of RT, and I will make my mind up when the report is released.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Yes how could we be so foolish. Everything ever said on mainstream media is a complete lie. But a Kremlin controlled media outlet speaks the truth?

No, too extreme and it's not as black & white as that. Western media has a tendency to word things in certain ways, report one side of a story & in some cases, miss reporting stories at all, they also give small website space to stories they don't deem relevant but actually are (the ECB riots for example). All of this verified of course using Twitter, Facebook and RT

Switch from Fox to MSNBC and try and repeat your fantasy. Yet I'm still waiting for three articles critical of Vladimir Putin since RT's inception.
:

I had to go back and grab my first reply to you. The only statement I have made is about RT and its credibility. I have asked you to prove me wrong and show me three articles critical of Putin since RT's inception. Yet all you have done is Bob and weave around my question.

So again I'm going to ask you to quote me three articles critical of Putin from RT. If you failed to do so, it will be evident that you're opinion is biased.

I will leave you one out. That is if you admit RT is Kremlim controlled.

edit on 17-4-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I had to go back and grab my first reply to you. The only statement I have made is about RT and its credibility

And I know RT's credibility is good in the stories that I have read, they cover both sides, provide links, corroboration and prove that Russians are human too.

show me three articles critical of Putin since RT's inception.

I couldn't care less, I have told you repeatedly that RT is credible to me.

So again I'm going to ask you to quote me three articles critical of Putin from RT. If you failed to do so, it will be evident that you're opinion is biased.

See above, I am not repeating myself. and it's ''your'' not ''you're''. My opinion is one of honest perception, you can think what you like, it means nothing to me.

It is state funded.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

What's in the report will be in the report, regardless of RT, and I will make my mind up when the report is released.

No, what happened is your delicate balance on a unattainable possession caused you to attempt to take the cheap way out. When in reality all you did was correct voice dictation. Lmao!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

No, what happened is your delicate balance on a unattainable possession caused you to attempt to take the cheap way out. When in reality all you did was correct voice dictation. Lmao!!!!!!

Once again your communcation has went haywire and you've lost me, my stance never changed on MH-17 and nor will it be altered for you.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

And I know RT's credibility is good in the stories that I have read

I will give you one quote and reply to the rest of your statement. Even though "you don't care" proved to me that RT is not biased. Show me three articles critical of Vladimir Putin since its inception.

The only reason you refused to do this (besides the point yet can't find three) is because deep down you know it is a propaganda rag.

BTW I noticed with your comment about your, you're. That you were so desperate about losing this argument you decided to make a grammar attack against voice dictation!! Lmao

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Once again since the founding of RT you can't prove it's not a propaganda magazine by showing me three articles critical of Putin.

Let me explain something to you. If you watch all channels on mainstream media you will hear both sides of the story. If you religiously watch RT and believe everything they say you are only hearing one side of the story. When you only hear one side of the story you are being programmed not informed.

Or do you subscribe to the I saw it on YouTube so it must be true criteria. After all Daboob 7 is on you tube !!!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
RT is ok for some stuff, they'll cover stories the US won't touch, but as always you need to consider the source. RT, Fox, MSNBC, CNN, Al Jazeera, they all have their slants. If you were going to read just one, Al Jazeera is probably the most neutral coverage you can find, if not them then the Guardian.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Only an idiot would actually think that they could believe every single world a news station tells the public.

So undoubtedly one also has to sift through RT''s information however, and its a big however for me, RT tells me stories
about the UK that my natonal news channels via Murdoch's sky censorship doesn't - simple as that. The odd reports I have verified when checking on the net so I can't claim they are propaganda.

RT gives us the veritable Max and Stacey Keiser which is a real eye-opener on the financial markets and I also suspect that is yet another reason why the elite bankers/zionist cocoon would like RT shut up.

Its a good thing though to get another country's perspective on current situations especially when its at odds with our 'establishment run countries (USA & UK et al) who tie their citizens up with so-called legal secrecy and hate information getting out, because, it makes people question what the hell is being down with their tax money and resources and worse done in their names.

The simpleton who mouthed the insulting linkage between ISIS a group of depraved humans lusting after innocent blood they can't dominate, with people who question what people like him/her are getting up and drawing us, without our knowledge or the full facts, is a democratic right of ours and I think they need to be made to account for that view and publicly made to apologise. The last bout of wars is something that need to be accounted for 0 yet I see another Bush is likely to be elected in the USA - what can one think except how entrenched those who hate the truth to come out actually are.

The whole 'conspiracy theorists' title seems to try to ignore the fact its about the actual conspiracy and exposure of acts carried out by governments, at the cost to their own people that the public are asking about - the conspirators are the government and those dark souls who manipulate its authority, in order to get whatever their megalomaniac desires want.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Think some folks have missed the boat and been run over by the bus.

I think RT is a hack of a news organization, but that is entirely besides the point...

Does anybody here actually want their government sniffing around the idea of truly controlling the news?

I sure don't, they declared it weaponizing information, so step two will be we need to control information for national security... Good bye alternative news...hello government propaganda alone.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Meh.. all media is state run media ... designed to keep the mindless masses mindless ...

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
"people who challenge establishment narratives on the Internet"

Of course people who challenge the establishment are considered terrorists, that's how dictatorships work.

If you're not with the government, you're it's enemy.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I had to go back and grab my first reply to you. The only statement I have made is about RT and its credibility. I have asked you to prove me wrong and show me three articles critical of Putin since RT's inception. Yet all you have done is Bob and weave around my question.

I know you are missing the point. I just can't figure out why. With your logic, you must make a binary decision. RT truthful 100% or 0%. You also assert false equivalence. Equal coverage of binary choices == Truth. These are frequently used tactics of disinformation but I can't tell if you are doing that on purpose or you are just running the American binary decision protocol you were programmed with as a child.

In either case, no single information channel is to be "believed". It's game theory with 12 players. Watch how all the players react and interact and the imprint of truth will reveal itself. If the USG is attacking RT, I assure you it's not because they are promoting Putin as a deity. It's because they are impeding the US propaganda programs.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

I know you are missing the point. I just can't figure out why. With your logic, you must make a binary decision. RT truthful 100% or 0%. You also assert false equivalence. Equal coverage of binary choices == Truth. These are frequently used tactics of disinformation but I can't tell if you are doing that on purpose or you are just running the American binary decision protocol you were programmed with as a child.

In either case, no single information channel is to be "believed". It's game theory with 12 players. Watch how all the players react and interact and the imprint of truth will reveal itself. If the USG is attacking RT, I assure you it's not because they are promoting Putin as a deity. It's because they are impeding the US propaganda programs.

For the life of me I cannot understand how you have missed my point? RT does not criticize the Putin ever . If you look at any news outlet they will criticize their own government and leader. RT does not ever. The sooner you recognize that the sooner you'll figure out RT is a propaganda outlet.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

For the life of me I cannot understand how you have missed my point? RT does not criticize the Putin ever . If you look at any news outlet they will criticize their own government and leader. RT does not ever. The sooner you recognize that the sooner you'll figure out RT is a propaganda outlet.

They know full well it is propaganda, but it provides them with confirmation bias support so they will hug it like a baby blanket and throw tantrums if it is suggested they set it aside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join