It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops: Oklahoma AG Unwittingly Opens Door For Satanists To Promote Beliefs In Schools

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

addictinginfo.org

In his effort to give conservative Christians the sole privilege of trying to indoctrinate kids in public schools, Oklahoma’s attorney general unwittingly opened the door for Satanists to hand out religious materials to students. Oops.

Earlier this month, conservatives blew a gasket after the Duncan Public School District put an end to a teacher handing out Bibles to her students after the American Humanist Association threatened to file a lawsuit to protect the religious freedom of students.

In response, Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt decided to write a passionate defense of religious liberty which is coming back to bite him in the ass.

Pruitt basically declared in writing that any religion should be able to hand out religious materials in public schools, which means ANY religious organization can flock to a school in Oklahoma to load students up with religious reading materials to take home with them in the name of equal access. And one religious group is already lining up to do just that, and it’s an old adversary that Republicans are not going to like.

As it turns out, the Satanist Church of Ahriman is preparing to walk through that open door that Oklahoma’s conservative attorney general has generously provided with his written defense of religious liberty.

I am surprised that they didn't see it coming, it's quite difficult to allow Bibles to be passed out in school and then deny other religions the same opportunity to distribute their literature to our kids.

I suspect the Satanic Church in Oklahoma only exists to counter out the attempts of the religious right to put more Christianity into Oklahoma government and schools. I imagine if the state stops preferring Christianity they will just go away. Perhaps I'm wrong and it's truly a heretical organization, but I doubt it...

What say you, ATS?

More Here: Oklahoma AG’s Bible defense may have opened elementary schools to Satanist literature (rawstory.com)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
American Huminist is code for God-hating atheist, but really there is no reason for religion to be present on our high school campuses except to be taught in historical context. I also agree with you that Satanists aren't to be taken that seriously. The exist mostly to annoy religious folks.

Humanists are way worse than Satanists.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

They're a pretty serious organization. They hold black masses at large venues in OKC, and are pushing for the Baphomet statue at the state capitol. I think it's great. Adds to the local weirdness. But I do think they are there to point out the hypocrisy of Christianity in government. It's a little tongue in cheek.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

"Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over established doctrine or faith (fideism)."

"Satanism is a broad term referring to a group of social movements with diverse ideological and philosophical beliefs. Satanism includes symbolic association with, or admiration for, Satan, whom Satanists see as an inspiring and liberating figure."

So people that want humans to be the best that they can be are worse than people that either A) literally worship satan, or B) believe in nothing but hedonism?

Uh, k

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
VOUCHERS!

Give parents the choice of where they send their kids. Then the Satanists can just go suck an egg.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Man I think it is so hilarious when Satanists troll Christians trying to intrude theocratic things into the government.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

They're a pretty serious organization. They hold black masses at large venues in OKC, and are pushing for the Baphomet statue at the state capitol. I think it's great. Adds to the local weirdness. But I do think they are there to point out the hypocrisy of Christianity in government. It's a little tongue in cheek.

Religion has NO PLACE in our government NOR our educational system!

Believe in what you want, but it ends when it becomes institutionalized to the point your beliefs infringe on the freedoms of those who believe otherwise! Our school systems are there to EDUCATE NOT INDOCTRINATE!

As far as our government goes, laws should PROTECT those from others who want to do them wrong or harm them, NOT to impose a belief that they might not necessarily believe in!

That's the problem we have currently that is destroying this world! Laws are no longer a way to protect, but a form of generating revenue and forcing people to conform to the ideologies of those in power with a higher agenda!
edit on 16-4-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

How exactly can an atheist, who by definition doesn't believe in a god, be "god hating"? Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I think as we've watched the death throw tantrums of extremist religion in America, most of us saw this coming. The fundamentalist groups start feeling threatened so they do everything they can to hold on to their visibility, especially with children who are the most vulnerable.

Their efforts are only going to bite them in their collective ass. They are learning true proverbial lessons like that one with the goose and gander, etc.

If they want to thrive as a popular religion, their smartest move now is to not act surprised and to welcome the other religions as though that was their intention. When a Satanic clergy member walks in and passes the Christian pastor, that pastor should smile and say "God bless ya on this fine school day, I'll trade you a pamphlet for one of yours!"

It's the only way to save face at this point.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
When they held the black mass in downtown okc, a handful went to it a handful protested... The rest of oklahoma went huh.. Ok whatever.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: Metallicus

How exactly can an atheist, who by definition doesn't believe in a god, be "god hating"? Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think?

No, I think that many (not all) atheists hate God. The ones that don't believe in God don't go out of their way to make sure that no one else does.

The 'atheist' that works against those that believe in a God are either insane or assholes.
edit on 2015/4/16 by Metallicus because: space

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

originally posted by: Metallicus

"Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively, and generally prefers critical thinking and evidence (rationalism, empiricism) over established doctrine or faith (fideism)."

"Satanism is a broad term referring to a group of social movements with diverse ideological and philosophical beliefs. Satanism includes symbolic association with, or admiration for, Satan, whom Satanists see as an inspiring and liberating figure."

So people that want humans to be the best that they can be are worse than people that either A) literally worship satan, or B) believe in nothing but hedonism?

Uh, k

Satanists believe in God they just don't serve him they serve themselves. Humanists actively work against religious people and don't believe in a God. I would rather deal with selfish believers than arrogant non-believers.

ETA: Anyone that has met a 'Humanist' knows that they are some of the most arrogant, condescending people you will ever meet. Only vegans are worse to deal with imho.
edit on 2015/4/16 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Satanism teaches that man is greedy by nature, that they are permitted "survival of the fittest" and self-interest is the sole pursuit. Satanism has been taught in schools for a long time.

They don't really believe in an entity called Satan, they really teach that Satanism is just self-interest. Already been taught.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

You just described republican hero Ann Rand.

Satanism doesn't promote survival of the fittest in any of its teachings.You can look up their rules and statements to confirm.

Admittedly I am talking about the kooky new Satanist groups that are pushing for statues I have no idea about the mythological satan groups.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: WarminIndy

You just described republican hero Ann Rand.

Satanism doesn't promote survival of the fittest in any of its teachings.You can look up their rules and statements to confirm.

Admittedly I am talking about the kooky new Satanist groups that are pushing for statues I have no idea about the mythological satan groups.

If you have ever read the "Satanic Bible" it actually does describe what you say it doesn't. For instance it quite blatantly says something to the effect that if someone hits you in the face, you should hit them without question back and twice! What right does anyone have to strike you in the first place?

Contrary to what the scare tactics of Christianity has about the Satanic Bible, it is NOT what most people would think. It actually, IMO, makes sense....

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You mean the statement where they advocate vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.

I stand by what I said because survival of the fittest is not about vengeance or eye for an eye.

I don't know what you think survival of the fittest means, but I assure you it doesn't mean that,you can look it up if you want. Actually that would be a good idea so here I will post it for you.

survival of the fittest
phrase of survival
BIOLOGY
the continued existence of organisms that are best adapted to their environment, with the extinction of others, as a concept in the Darwinian theory of evolution.

edit on 16-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You mean the statement where they advocate vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.

I stand by what I said because survival of the fittest is not about vengeance or eye for an eye.

I don't know what you think survival of the fittest means, but I assure you it doesn't mean that,you can look it up if you want. Actually that would be a good idea so here I will post it for you.

survival of the fittest
phrase of survival
BIOLOGY
the continued existence of organisms that are best adapted to their environment, with the extinction of others, as a concept in the Darwinian theory of evolution.

Do you advocate a woman allowing herself to be beat upon by her man?

Again, I will ask you if you have ever read the BOOK?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Your post on this topic is absolutely to the point.I know everyone of may age says "we had prayer at school to start the day" . I was raised in a Christian family and I still wonder why sometimes.(well sometimes I would have loved to have had some divine intervention in some tests). But a star for you .

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

survival of the fittest
phrase of survival
BIOLOGY

Do you advocate a woman allowing herself to be beat upon by her man?

Again, I will ask you if you have ever read the BOOK?

WTF dude.

I just gave you the definition of survival of the fittest. You may not realize it but I look up stuff 9 out of 10 times before I factually post and that included the Stanic website but instead of me arguing the point here is another link for you that already addresses your assertion.

Like you someone else was under the impression that survival of the fittest is taught in Satanism. Please read the reply carefully as it directly addresses that misconception.
Compassion in Satanism

Satanic Beliefs and Creeds
edit on 16-4-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I think as we've watched the death throw tantrums of extremist religion in America, most of us saw this coming. The fundamentalist groups start feeling threatened so they do everything they can to hold on to their visibility, especially with children who are the most vulnerable.

Their efforts are only going to bite them in their collective ass. They are learning true proverbial lessons like that one with the goose and gander, etc.

If they want to thrive as a popular religion, their smartest move now is to not act surprised and to welcome the other religions as though that was their intention. When a Satanic clergy member walks in and passes the Christian pastor, that pastor should smile and say "God bless ya on this fine school day, I'll trade you a pamphlet for one of yours!"

It's the only way to save face at this point.

I hope you are right!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join