It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do I have to do to meet an alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This may seem as a fools question. I am quite serious about the inquiry. What would it take for this to happen. Is it by chance in life or is it by geographic location. What are the parameters to make the conditions to meet an non-terrestrial being face to face?

Why would I ask this? I ask this simply because I have thought of nothing else, I dream about it constantly. It is something I would happily trade places with someone who is rather disinclined to provide such enthusiasm. I am a person who seeks knowledge and things no one wants the answers to, I want to go to the places no one else will. I want to go on journeys among the stars and go where no human has gone before.

I want to do what others will not. So what does ATS? Where do I have to go. Who do I have to meet? What do I have to do to make this happen. Is it even possible?

edit on 16-4-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: spelling

edit on 16-4-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Er... yeah... keep dreaming man you never know.. Although on thing I would say is be careful what you wish for.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Well all I can do is dream for now. It would be a heck of a story

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Go to the u.s/mexico border.. ..take bottle tequila .. build campfire and wait .. oh.. erm.. oops.. wrong type aliens ...

1. make tinfoil hat and suit.
2. get glowsticks place in line on open field ..
3. drink lots tequila and wait periodically flash sky with laser pointer ..
4. make sure to do step 1-3 near an active military base
5. enjoy your trip and probe ...
edit on 16/4/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
eh i guess we would all like to meet aliens, but the chances of them actually being even just close to us are pretty slim.
most ufo stories are kinda like those people that say bigfoot comes to eat leftovers every week but they never manage to take a picture of it.
Maybe the closest chance you got is radio-astronomy.
who knows with the passion you seem to have you might find the next "wow"signal.
But you better name it "ATS signal" or all of us will hunt you down!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I'd recommend finding a 24 hour truck stop in the middle of freakin' nowhere.

They have to gas their ships up eventually.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Hahahahaahh!!!! It's actually funny because the majority of people who see them aren't the rational common sense type. They just happen to be drunk or half asleep at the wheel or at a camp fire bored.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
eh i guess we would all like to meet aliens, but the chances of them actually being even just close to us are pretty slim.

most ufo stories are kinda like those people that say bigfoot comes to eat leftovers every week but they never manage to take a picture of it.

Maybe the closest chance you got is radio-astronomy.

who knows with the passion you seem to have you might find the next "wow"signal.

But you better name it "ATS signal" or all of us will hunt you down!

Will do Sir.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Shhh.. youll give away the secret to contact ...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Shhh.. youll give away the secret to contact ...

Oh yeah....nothing here folks. Just a "cough" question about weekly weather report "cough". Contact with aliens? I meant to say Alien Contact lenses. Sorry about that. LOL

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Nice to meet you.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Nice to meet you.

Oh man. Seems like they know the internet search engine too! Howdy!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
ayahuasca.

People encounter entities when using the above ceremonially. They often encounter "Her". A being. There are a lot of consistant encounters with "Her".

I think if you want to force the interaction between yourself or your consciousness and a being indescribable, I would deeply research ayahuasca ceremonies and attend.
Be safe and don't fall for a charlatan.

You could try and locate a "Santo Daime" establishment where ever you are located.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bluetrees

Interesting reply. I will investigate further, thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bluetrees

But he said he wanted to meet Aliens, not suffer from a really awesome form of temporary psychosis. Though, most people who have claimed to have meet aliens have been using that exact method.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well, a few points...

1) What if it's not what you wanted? That is, you hear a lot of poo on TV and in forums, but what if the reality of it was a lot less romantic and more awful? What, for example, if your particular encounter was more like those I used to scare my privates with, when I had some? There are rumors that immediately after Roswell, the first "dissections" were perimeter guards at the crash site...

2) Do you like being probed?

3) Do you like being a test subject for psych evals by oddball little blue guys?

4) Why do you think they'll answer your questions?

No kindly Vulcans are going to shake your hand to a thrilling chord progression with violins.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
Well, a few points...

1) What if it's not what you wanted? That is, you hear a lot of poo on TV and in forums, but what if the reality of it was a lot less romantic and more awful? What, for example, if your particular encounter was more like those I used to scare my privates with, when I had some? There are rumors that immediately after Roswell, the first "dissections" were perimeter guards at the crash site...

2) Do you like being probed?

3) Do you like being a test subject for psych evals by oddball little blue guys?

4) Why do you think they'll answer your questions?

No kindly Vulcans are going to shake your hand to a thrilling chord progression with violins.

1) Well I like to keep an open mind. I would hope I would be treated with the same respect as an equal able bodied species. Although we do not have the mental capacity or technology to bend space or time yet. I should not be looked at as a simple mammal to be dissected.

2) I don't think anyone does. I don't mind offering samples for research. We do the same at our own medical facilities.

3) Well that one depends on the intent.

4) Who knows maybe they find me too primitive to waste such an explanation. Maybe its the opposite. It's a 50/50 chance.

No I don't expect a fantasy type star trek meeting at all.

The first step I would think is to prove that humans are not some subspecies that are insignificant. Humanity offers great potential but we must be treated as a common ground for mutual understanding that we are intelligent and rational and not some animal.

However conveying that to a being who will only understand only by mathmatics which is a universal language would be rather challenging.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

1) Well I like to keep an open mind. I would hope I would be treated with the same respect as an equal able bodied species. Although we do not have the mental capacity or technology to bend space or time yet. I should not be looked at as a simple mammal to be dissected.

Yet, if they can travel interstellar distances, and they're certainly not mammalian, they might look at you as nothing more than another critter. And I really did hear that rumor. Used it for a couple of years to keep people awake on watch.

2) We do the same at our own medical facilities.

My point exactly.

"How will the subject respond to this stimuli" would come close, I think. As a small kid, you might be chased by something in the dark. As an adult, you might be out camping and have something padding around the camp just out of sight. Or scratching on the upstairs walls of your nice house in the woods...

Or abducted out of your bed at night and taken to a meeting with the local kids and shown weird movies to judge how you'd react. Knocked out and left in weird places and left to make it home alone in the dark. Fun stuff.

4) Who knows maybe they find me too primitive to waste such an explanation. Maybe its the opposite. It's a 50/50 chance.

Maybe they'll lie to you. Tell you what you want to hear. Or nothing. Do you explain to the dog when you take it to be spayed?

...but we must be treated as a common ground for mutual understanding that we are intelligent and rational and not some animal.

Maybe they don't see you as rational. Expecting you'd have a common ground for mutual understanding IS sort of Star Trek-y. I'd expect you would not. If you could communicate at all, I'd expect it would end up more Darmok at Tanagra, only without the happy ending.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

What do I have to do to make this happen. Is it even possible?

The only way to meet "aliens" is in your dreams - so start dreaming.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Yet, if they can travel interstellar distances, and they're certainly not mammalian, they might look at you as nothing more than another critter. And I really did hear that rumor. Used it for a couple of years to keep people awake on watch.

2) We do the same at our own medical facilities.

My point exactly.

"How will the subject respond to this stimuli" would come close, I think. As a small kid, you might be chased by something in the dark. As an adult, you might be out camping and have something padding around the camp just out of sight. Or scratching on the upstairs walls of your nice house in the woods...

Or abducted out of your bed at night and taken to a meeting with the local kids and shown weird movies to judge how you'd react. Knocked out and left in weird places and left to make it home alone in the dark. Fun stuff.

Maybe they'll lie to you. Tell you what you want to hear. Or nothing. Do you explain to the dog when you take it to be spayed?

...but we must be treated as a common ground for mutual understanding that we are intelligent and rational and not some animal.

Maybe they don't see you as rational. Expecting you'd have a common ground for mutual understanding IS sort of Star Trek-y. I'd expect you would not. If you could communicate at all, I'd expect it would end up more Darmok at Tanagra, only without the happy ending.

You are basing these on assumptions. Of course base it on your own imagination of what You the individual would see. Yes I realize talking to another being with the brain power to think on multiple dimensions and myself would create an anology of "Insect trying to talk to a Human"

Although you cannot dismiss the fact that we as a species have been around for a milisecond compared to the rest of the universe. I get that. Even after what all you have stated to make the worst case scenario-I would still do it. The worst that could happen is I would die. That's it.

You really don't know what would happen because it hasn't happened to you. I don't know either. You and I can only guess. I guarantee you that I would be willing to cross that line more than you would any day.

Fear is what you make of it. The only thing I fear is death itself, he is the one true master of life.

All I know is that I would try. At least I would know. Dam the consequences. Life has full of them. What else is new

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join