It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire and Ice: The Holy Spirit in Zoroastrianism and Christianity, Prayer, and my experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
In Zoroastrianism, God (called Ohrmazad/Ahura Mazda) is the light and good creator and the devil (called ahriman/angra mainyu) is the darkness and destroyer. The devil tricks humanity into destroying and polluting the world. According to the stories, he made fresh clean water salty; but the devil already lost because now his essence is trapped and one day God will bring judgment for his desterructive acts.

There is also The Holy Spirit (called Spenta Mainyu) which is a spark of Fire and Life within us which is one with God and given by God to us to inspire us to do the will of God rather than the deceiver.

In The Bible, it talks about The Baptism of water and repentance which John The Baptist brought but also a baptism of Fire and Holy Spirit which Jesus brought. The fire is to burn away the evil so that the good will remain. Jesus says everyone will be salted with Fire,
have salt within yourselves and peace with one another (Mark 9:49-50).

I was hanging out with someone and they were in fear about something and there were demonic entities. I felt a coldness and darkness. I prayed for the house and it felt warmer and I had a vision of water flowing but didn't tell anyone and the person said on their own that maybe they should get a picture of a waterfall so that the positive imagery reminds them of calm and peaceful things.

Based on this experience, it is possible that The Holy Spirit is a spark of fire within and our prayeers of love is like a flame melting down cold and lifeless darkness. Since thenn, I've also read near death experiences where God showed them prayers appearing from Earth to Heaven as hot and bright flames.

Something to think about and discuss.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The fire they speak of that is also frequently referenced by thoth as well is the solar chakra that emanates light from our being. It is the sun with in us. It is the core you which emanates confidence And willpower. If you have a healthy solar plexus you feel like you can take on anything because that is where you know who you really are and what your capable of.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

Yes, in many spiritual groups Fire represents Spirit and Will.

Here is a testimony about how prayer is like Fire and how darkness stops prayers from turning from smoke to fire to burn darkness and make it through:

link

Peace, Light, and Wisdom

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Thanks for a nice thread. Little is known about Zoroastrianism. A few years ago I was researching the beauty of the religion, apparently you are born into it (they dont take converts if I remember correctly?) . Don't know how one would go about delving deeper into it.

Thanlks

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
worshipping an abstract thing like fire is idolatrus. so it is basically a heathen practice.
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

And worshiping some poor sap nailed to a cross is... Progressive and not creepy? Fire= light, life, warmth, protection, cooking. Dead man nailed to some tree branches= sick, twisted, morbid, masochistic, and creepy as hell.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
worshipping an abstract thing like fire is idolatrus. so it is basically a heathen practice.
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't think the followers of Zoroaster are fire worshippers. It was an accusation aimed at them by those that wished to undermine the religion.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I think you just proved that Christianity is a cheap rip-off of Zoroastrianism with this OP. Frankly, I agree, but I don't think that was your intent when you made the thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Old Zarathustra had some good ideas.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Christ rose from the dead and is now alive
a reply to: Cogidubnus

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That awkward moment where Jesus speaks of the same fire and god is seen thru a burning Bush I guess you don't get the symbolism go back to bible study

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Proof or it didn't happen...

Christophoros: Spot on my friend..

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world." (The "light of the world" is the Sun.)
John 9:5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world. (The "light of the world" is the Sun.)
Matthew 4:16 The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned." (The light is the Sun)
Matthew 17:2 His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.
John 1:3-8 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (Without the Sun nothing would grow and we'd all be dead.) In him was life, and that life was the light of men. (The light is the Sun.) The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it (the Sun removes the darkness). There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. He [John] came as a witness to testify concerning that light (the Sun), so that through him all men might believe. He [John] himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light (the Sun) that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
John 3:19-20 This is the verdict: Light (the Sun) has come into the world, but men loved darkness (night time) instead of light (the Sun) because their deeds were evil (criminals do their crimes at night). Everyone who does evil hates the light (the Sun), and will not come into the light (the Sun) for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
John 12:35-36 Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light (the light is the Sun) just a little while longer (the Sun will set soon). Walk while you have the light (the light is the Sun), before darkness (night time) overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark (at night) does not know where he is going. Put your trust in the light (the light is the Sun) while you have it, so that you may become sons of light." When he had finished speaking, Jesus left and hid himself from them (i.e. the sun set, because Jesus is the Sun).
John 12:46 I have come into the world as a light (the Sun), so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
Ephesians 5:14 Christ (the Sun) will shine on you.
Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven (the celestial sphere above); from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ (the Sun). (i.e. we should look upwards to the celestial sphere above to find our story.)
Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Luke 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (i.e. the story is about the passage of the year.)
Psalms 84:11 "the Lord God is a sun..."
Deuteronomy 4:24 "For the LORD your God is a consuming fire," (the Sun is a consuming fire.)
Malachi 4:2 "the Sun of Righteousness..."

Source: www.solarmythology.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
In Zoroastrianism, God (called Ohrmazad/Ahura Mazda) is the light and good creator and the devil (called ahriman/angra mainyu) is the darkness and destroyer. The devil tricks humanity into destroying and polluting the world. According to the stories, he made fresh clean water salty; but the devil already lost because now his essence is trapped and one day God will bring judgment for his destructive acts.

Light and Dark can be discussed from many perspectives.
When discussing the two in terms associated to religious data from the past to present in forms of GOD and NATAS to 1 their energies GOD & NATAS are not equal...

In the image below THE CREATOR / GOD would be BOTH the background of the image which appears dark from a human eye perspective and as well is represented by the larger circle holding the smaller circles/ regions within it...

The large circles on the left and right would be the LIGHT* and DARK energies and realms, with the even smaller circles within themselves representing lower dimensions of existence and awareness. The devil or Natas would be represented in the dark largest circle on the right. And the energies on the left would be its opposing energy force or balance...

STILL THE CREATOR / GOD force is more influential upon all within existence.
THE LOVING CREATOR who 1 calls the LOVING for the CREATED us ALL*

This is why 1 tries to acknowledge those who are of the dark as family of Creation and 1 tries to process ways internally that many can find balance-PEACE without the FORCE-war of destruction being placed upon those perceived as evil arpgme.

We must remember that the BIBLE GREAT BOOK and Other GREAT religious BOOKS data has been tainted throughout history with intents to misguide or control by some humans with potential dark consciousness. So us in the present must do our best to process the data w/ logic and personal perceptions to find the untainted paths of intelligence to share with others...

The HOLY GHOST 1 feels is a entity or being with the ability to assist those dark in conscious or dim to reality. And some of the responsibilities or task of the HOLY GHOST yes may be to bring LIGHT or SPARKS to those within dark regions of conscious here on EA*RTH and or beyond...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Something I can tell you. It really does sound like the rushing of the wind.

Acts 2.
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
edit on 16-4-2015 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

Yea, that's what I was trying to say. Unfortunately some didn't understand. Now people are arguing about Jesus vs The Fire (of The Holy Spirit), ironically.

a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Notice how only the smallest circles actually have a lot of Light.

Jesus said the kingdom of God is within and that The Kingdom starts off as small as a mustard seed, and Jesus warned about the "outer darkness". I think that image of the circles describes that perfectly.

Duality is...
Inward and outward,
Spirit and flesh,
Love and greed

Reality contains all even materialism, atheism, and greed; but God/Divinity is Spiritual Light Within - Holy Spirit.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've read about the Zoroastrian using the elements, fire and water to make some sort of symbolism, which would act as opposing opposites as to where it would be like duality in its concept. Maybe because it a necessary for the civilization, water is a source of life and its abundance, while fire cooks, gives warmth, as well as a destructive force of nature, but if used right can help out with life, like the earth being with in the Goldilocks Zone.

Water patient because it shaped by its environment, and has an impressive fluid movement, but when in the right( or wrong) circumstances, it can be a force to be reckoned with. It can't really be destroyed, by fire or cold, just changes, or goes with the flow of time. It could stay in that state for billions of years, and can be changed later due to surroundings. It pretty much immortal, and has three states to it, as if it can reincarnate, since it gives/takes life away.

Fire is energetic, and if harnessed responsibly can be a great tool, or weapon, and can be cleansing in a way. It's spontaneous and needs to eat all the time, like it was alive, but has no control. It has a magical lure like it was gold, and probably be considered an ethereal element of sort to the Zoroastrians because it probably seemed mysterious to them, even magical maybe. What ever it destroys, spreads into the wind, and it spirit could fertilize, or maybe be shared even?

If you mix fire and water together, you get steam, which can create energy if its harness or contained properly.

I don't have much knowledge about their philosophies, or their train of thoughts behind the opposing ideologies, but considering they are pretty ancient.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Fire and water are not opposites. Water contains warmth (fire element), too.
Ice which is cold, still, and solid, and fire which is hot, moving, and gaseous are the real opposites.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You and christophorous looks like have not been saved thru the mighty Grace of Jesus and consequently do not know the Truth. However His Grace is available to all.
a reply to: Cogidubnus

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Nah your just a sheep that needs authority and guidance through religion. you weren't meant to see the greater mysteries of the bible for you do not have the eyes to see or ears to hear as Jesus said the path I am on is for the chosen few who don't believe the dogma Satan has woven into bible thanks to those awful Romans. I don't need saving those are for the weak minded and I also can't take a man seriously who still refers to Yashaya/Yeshua as Jesus. That's all Roman trickery meant to deceive real Hebrews there is no J in that man's name. That's forked tongue deception. As yeshaya said you will be calling for me by other names and I will not answer.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Sadly I was raised in your silly ideologies. I was dragged to church almost every Sunday for years by my parents. I got baptized, confirmed, acquired the fire bull #, the whole 9 yards. I have also lived all over the world and been a part of a variety of churches/ congregations. They are all unique, all different, and yet all cultish at their core. The second I turned 18 I never looked back. I remember sitting in Sunday school, even at the ripe old age of 7-8, looking around and thinking, "What the heck is wrong with these wacko people?" When every single question you have can be answered with either Jesus, God, or the bible it's time to find new answers. I understood this at 7. How old are you? Hopefully older than 7. You should try using your head for more than a coat rack someday. Ask a few questions. You will be astounded at what you get back... Or you can go ride a dinosaur and tell others they need saving by your made up pagan sky God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join