It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire and Ice: The Holy Spirit in Zoroastrianism and Christianity, Prayer, and my experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Maybe, but not really. Water is a natural a conductor, weather its electricity(except for pure water), or temperature, cold or hot. Also water puts out most fires by physically suffocating it from breathing, or moistening it fuel source, like wood. I can see where your going with Ice being the opposite of fire in that respect, but I don't think people in ancient Iran would know what Ice is, would they? Although that depends on how well they explored northern parts of Europe where water could freeze.

And sure, there are liquids that can burn and melt things, and putting water on it can make it worse, but it ain't fire, that just corrosion. Fire turns water, ice, into vapors, which eventually will become water again, while fire can't do that, even though what it burns does change shape and form, but no where as flexible as water could.

Also, Zoroastrianism use the elements, fire and water, for purifying rituals, as well has having dualistic theme with their Gods to it...

Zoroastrianism arose in the eastern region of the ancient Persian Empire, when the religious philosopher Zoroaster simplified the pantheon of early Iranian gods[2] into two opposing forces: Spenta Mainyu ("progressive mentality") and Angra Mainyu ("destructive mentality") under the one God, Ahura Mazda ("Illuminating Wisdom").[3]

It seems similar to Yin/Yang Ideology, where both are complete opposites. There no such thing as ice in Iran, if you want, ask their Gods to change that, I guarantee you they aren't as busy as the used to be in ancient Persia.

I want some cooked fish now...From the ocean.
edit on 17-4-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

You're correct. Zoroastrianism talks about water and fire, not ice. I only mentioned Ice and Fire because it is more like opposites than water and fire. Their states of matter are even opposite, ice being solid while fire is gaseous, while water is liquid, the state between being solid and gaseous, rather than an opposite.

a reply to: christophoros

Most likely, the real name is Yeshua. Yeshua means salvation in Aramaic.

From Yeshua (Aramaic) , to iesous (Greek), to Jesus (Latin).

The letter J didn't always exist, you're right, and even when the letter did appear, the Latin speakers pronounced it as Y. This is how J replaced Y/i in Jesus's name. It was only in other languages later that J is pronounced the way we pronounce it in English. In some Germanic languages J is stilled pronounced like Y.

Maybe you already knew all of this (you knew J was invented later) but I just wanted to mention the change of his name over time for others who may not be aware.

edit on 17-4-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Heck I will have to give heed to the sayings in the Bible 'Cast not thy pearls before swine and Resist the devil and he will flee from you'
a reply to: Cogidubnus

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
That was awesome to read and inspiring too, as I have witnessed many of these things and know there are so many things the average person is unaware of. In the spirit realm which is not visible to us are masses of powerful entities with the power to push evil thoughts and desires into the minds of people everywhere and they never stop doing it.

They continue until the focus of their onslaught caves in believes the entire deception which includes all kinds of things that get them to do it. Loss of fear they will get caught, or "it isn't that bad" Whatever reinforces their thinking that it is not really a terrible thing, or "I am justified to do this"

Every single person who reads this will have been a part of these spiritual attacks many times in the past. Even the best mannered people and church goers it doesn't matter.

Being constantly on guard and right with God takes a lot work, effort, prayer and not being lazy, and unfortunately for most everyone, that takes a back seat to "doing whatever the eff people want to do"

Also being creatures of habit, people do a thing often enough and successfully that they just do it all the time.

A good example is a liar who lies so much that they just always lie about everything and believe their own lies and can't tell anymore that everyone knows they are a liar and they make a colossal fool of themselves. (brings to mind the "you can keep your doctor" guy) It is the best example I have ever seen.

It doesn't mean people aren't responsible for their decisions and choices, because their is that little voice coming from the conscious mind saying "don't do it".

Even knowing this information is not enough to keep a person's arse out of the fire. That takes a serious dedication to listening to and obeying what your heart knows about good and evil and not doing any evil regardless of the garbage pouring in from the sewer squad.

When an escape route comes before a person does an evil thing, it has to be taken and used immediately, and when you do consider that escape route, you will be under a fresh barrage of reinforcing thoughts that it is Okay to do that, it won't harm you, no one will know, etc. interesting to discover that these thoughts take place in a certain sequence, just as if there really are things besides you, that are telling your mind to do them, and so once people see it themselves it becomes a lot easier to steer away from them. And they are really there.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
Something I can tell you. It really does sound like the rushing of the wind.

Acts 2.
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

No, it actually feels like fire and ice, and raging and subsiding laser beams of light RUSHING all over, up down sideways......

These people felt something, but nothing near what they COULD feel, if they so dared.....

I find that almost everyone is super scared to try, especially when I did it in front of them, and emanated a field that could be felt for blocks.

Try using this spirit, while maintaining that you are independent and capable of ALL THINGS, you immediately begin weakening when you worship or think of other things as being responsible for your greatness, and your vision, and your ability to do it ALL.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: ntech
Something I can tell you. It really does sound like the rushing of the wind.

Acts 2.
1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

No, it actually feels like fire and ice, and raging and subsiding laser beams of light RUSHING all over, up down sideways......

These people felt something, but nothing near what they COULD feel, if they so dared.....

I find that almost everyone is super scared to try, especially when I did it in front of them, and emanated a field that could be felt for blocks.

Try using this spirit, while maintaining that you are independent and capable of ALL THINGS, you immediately begin weakening when you worship or think of other things as being responsible for your greatness, and your vision, and your ability to do it ALL.

Using that mind and rejecting the need of anything else is usually called embracing self pride, and if used, is exactly what Satan did and does.
Where do you think the reward is actually coming from? The devil uses people seeking things like that, and uses it to spite the Holy Spirit.
People may laugh and say, "oh come on" it's nothing.. These are true tests that people are here for, pass/fail good/evil.

Each to their own.

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
darklight

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Fire and Ice The Brotherhood of Saturn

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Nochzwei

Nah your just a sheep that needs authority and guidance through religion. you weren't meant to see the greater mysteries of the bible for you do not have the eyes to see or ears to hear as Jesus said the path I am on is for the chosen few who don't believe the dogma Satan has woven into bible thanks to those awful Romans. I don't need saving those are for the weak minded and I also can't take a man seriously who still refers to Yashaya/Yeshua as Jesus. That's all Roman trickery meant to deceive real Hebrews there is no J in that man's name. That's forked tongue deception. As yeshaya said you will be calling for me by other names and I will not answer.
Bro...I im pretty sure Elohim Is not gonna deny someone passage due to a language technicality. Are you sure jesus referred to the romans as awful? Scripture dictates not to add or take away from his words;so you might wanna use quotation marks and get it right. He did not come into this world to condemn it..but to save it. You dont need saving? thats for the weak minded? Why do you think he came here? That man you just corrected with negative feedback probally needed a positive message from a christian. Do you think you achieved that? Were Adam and Eve weak minded? YES..gods first creations fell into temptation. Solomon was the wisest man alive, he had his weaknesses..and you do not? Saving is for the weak minded? is this the general message you are spreading? Every man and woman has some fault and is not clean in the perfection of gods eyes. Jesus is your lawyer and that is why he came here.
you speak of fork tongue..you correct the language spoken...if you know the father you will correct the heart spoken.

edit on 19-4-2015 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Yes, God is The Holy Spirit within the body. The Kingdom of God is within, not here or there (Luke 17:21).

There are spirits from the outer darkness claiming to be God and trying to scare people into worshiping them.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

worshipping an abstract thing like fire is idolatrus

So its better to worship a lofty jealous mountain god called jehovah? LOL

top topics

<< 1   >>

join