It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie: 'I Will Crack Down And Not Permit' Legal Marijuana As President

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
While the governments at it then, they should also do away with alcohol.

I'll give you my glass of Bourbon when you pry it from my inebriated, passed out hands.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Carter only had four years and Ford only had four years. Of course it's going to go back and forth There are only two parties. The pattern being suggested just doesn't exist. There are two instances of twelve year runs and three of only one term.
I'm just not sure that the republicans can unify any platform that will get them elected, bible thumpers be damned. The last election showed them throwing everybody they had at the wall to see if any stuck. Even now they are all over the place with possible candidates just like last time. On the dem side they're strong in their confidence in Hillary. No eggos being served there.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Carter only had four years and Ford only had four years.

Ford had 2 1/2 years, he picked up the remainder of Nixon's term when he resigned.

edit on 17-4-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Ah the typical insult an entire group of people with an 'anecdote' that clearly shows you have no idea what you're talking about and then never respond again. Gotta love the classics.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is the kind nonsense that stems from a politician surrounding themselves with sycophants and yes-men. His ego is so big, there is no room for truth in his world.

Definitely not the kind of character needed for leadership.

Add to it the absurdity of someone with unchecked obesity lecturing others on addiction/lifestyle choices and, well, this guy just needs to focus on his little fiefdom there in New Jersey.
edit on 4/17/2015 by kosmicjack because: speeling :/

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Yes it does exist. I showed it with the article I posted. I know that it isn't exactly exciting to think that given past trends, a Republican will win the Presidency, but those ARE past trends. Seeing how Bush Sr. broke the trend in the 80's, clearly it can happen, but in all likelihood, I'd count on having a Republican President come 2017.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
a reply to: greencmp

if prisons are full of non violent offenders, why is it such a violent place?

I'm guessing this was meant for someone else unless you are suggesting that marijuana users should be put in prison?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
^Sounds like he got his viewpoint from the movies.

I just wanted to mention, I live in NJ and have followed the medical marijuana stuff here. Chris Christie has actively gone against medical marijuana in NJ, despite it already being legal and put into law by the previous governor. He has opposed it at every juncture, stonewalling any attempts to get it going and is responsible for it essential failing, despite having big success in other states. The requirements to actually get approved for it is extremely ridiculous and essentially you have to be about to die for it to get approved. It's sad and it's a total dick move because there are thousands of people suffering all across the state from cancer, glaucoma, and other ailments where marijuana could help alleviate their suffering, but he doesn't care. He only cares about his own ego, and his reasoning for opposing it is that it will lead to legalization. How horrible! It would also create numerous jobs, but Christy only cares about living in the past and controlling what people do in their free time (typical conservative). I hope he runs for president just so he stops being our governor. He's arrogant and egotistical and it pretty much controls his entire platform.

www.marijuana.com...

Controlling how people have fun is more important to Christie than helping folks who suffer.

He is your typical fear monger as well, so you can pretty much expect numerous wars if he gets in office. After "super storm" Sandy, every single storm is treated as if it's going to be the end of the world and everybody over reacts like crazy. Now he's going after our pensions. I'm not a big fan at all.
edit on 17-4-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

We've run into the same thing up here in MA. We passed medical cannabis under the last (D) governor and elected a Republican last election --- first R in quite a long time. The implementation of the law has ground to a halt. None of the dispensaries have opened (they were supposed to start opening last fall). The Caregiver network has started being harassed by the State as well. All the weed businesses are in limbo. It sux. We (the voters) made it VERY clear what we wanted and now the politicians are doing what THEY want (as usual).

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

We've run into the same thing up here in MA. We passed medical cannabis under the last (D) governor and elected a Republican last election --- first R in quite a long time. The implementation of the law has ground to a halt. None of the dispensaries have opened (they were supposed to start opening last fall). The Caregiver network has started being harassed by the State as well. All the weed businesses are in limbo. It sux. We (the voters) made it VERY clear what we wanted and now the politicians are doing what THEY want (as usual).

Yeah, I was shocked when I first found out that our referendums are non-binding. They actually don't legally have to do squat and they usually don't.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Lol!

I tell you what, Christie, I will support your crack down on marijuana as soon as you make something that is much worse for you illegal..... cake.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Pretty safe to say he doesn't stand a chance unless he changes his tune. I don't smoke pot and I'm anti-smoking anything, but an antidrug campaign is folly. What bad effects have come from those areas where pot is legal now? Nothing that rises to the level of the devastation caused by a drug war.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. My platform includes recognizing gravity as an essential entity. I also want no substance that will alter your perception. What? Big Pharm has a problem with that? Oops. Get the point?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

The party that want less Government (GOP) wants the Government to control your life. It is a fact.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Unless Hillary really screws up or some real not made up or suggested or GOP wished for illegal activity emerges She will be our next President. She has the most experience and political clout and that is what it takes. I rather have Rand Paul but it is what it is.

She will win unless Rand goes independent after losing to Jeb in primaries. Rand can give Jeb the win by running 3rd party.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Unless Hillary really screws up or some real not made up or suggested or GOP wished for illegal activity emerges She will be our next President. She has the most experience and political clout and that is what it takes.

That's the thing. The Clintons have MAJOR clout. Hillary screws up? She has. It's OLD news though that the voting public will either ignore or consider "old news". The voting public isn't as astute as ATS members. Sorry America.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. My platform includes recognizing gravity as an essential entity. I also want no substance that will alter your perception. What? Big Pharm has a problem with that? Oops. Get the point?

Hmmm, I don't know about that "gravity" thingy... I'll believe it when I see it! And since i can't see it, you lost my vote!

(*** Even though I joke, I do wish more people would run for office. I'd love to see some ATS members running for office just to see the threads w/updates, etc)

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
All that is necessary is to elect a President who's campaign pledge is to make pot legal nation-wide and hint he's sign new legislation that would ban the sale of fast food to loud, fat and stupid politicians accused of allowing his office as a weapon to close a major bridge to commuters as a means to punish other politicians.

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Xeven
Unless Hillary really screws up or some real not made up or suggested or GOP wished for illegal activity emerges She will be our next President. She has the most experience and political clout and that is what it takes.

That's the thing. The Clintons have MAJOR clout. Hillary screws up? She has. It's OLD news though that the voting public will either ignore or consider "old news". The voting public isn't as astute as ATS members. Sorry America.

She still has to be vetted through the usual channels.

And Geffen, despite his faults in perception, hates the Clinton's.

# 417

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah he did. I knew that but blanked out on the one term thing. I even remember saying at the time. We have a president who was never elected president or vice president as I'd lived through LBJs term after Kennedy's assassination. But Ford wasn't even vice pres he was speaker of the house. Agnew resigned as vice president bringing Ford on board then Nixon resigned making him president. The list I was looking at listed one term and I just went with four. Stupid mistake on my part . I just forgot the whole Watergate debacle all together.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join