It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie: 'I Will Crack Down And Not Permit' Legal Marijuana As President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
refreshingnews99.blogspot.in...

If New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) becomes president of the United States, he said on "The Hugh Hewitt Show" Tuesday, he will "crack down" on those states that have ended prohibitions on marijuana.

When asked by Hewitt if he would enforce federal drug laws in those states that have legalized and regulated cannabis, Christie responded unequivocally.

"Absolutely," Christie said. "I will crack down and not permit it."

Citing an "enormous addiction problem" in the U.S., Christie, who has not yet announced a presidential run but has launched a political action committee, said that a very clear message needs to be sent "from the White House on down through federal law enforcement."

"States should not be permitted to sell it and profit" from legalizing marijuana, he said.

What a jerk, this guy.

+69 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

He'll never be president after saying this.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yeah what a grump...

Where was he while we were getting high

edit on 15-4-2015 by thesearchfortruth because: I was high

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
He needs to have a smoke and just relax!

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I always thought he seemed like an okay kind of guy. This will be the end of the road for him here.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've seen something similar coming for a while. Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level. All it's going to take is a U.S Attorney General that does not look favorably on the legalization of marijuana.

Then the alcohol, tobacco and firearms is going to move in and confiscate everyone's assets. I doubt they will throw people in jail over it but they are damn sure going to take all the money.

I don't like that scenario, but it's only a matter of time in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

He'll never be president after saying this.

My thoughts exactly.

Rand Paul Is Right On Marijuana, And That Should Scare Democrats Into Action
thinkprogress.org...

In an interview with Fox News’ Chris Wallace this morning, Paul laid out an uncharacteristically sensible view of how the nation should approach drugs:

PAUL: The main thing I’ve said is not to legalize [drugs], but not to incarcerate people for extended periods of time. I’m working with Sen. Leahy. We have a bill on mandatory minimums. There are people in jail for 37, 50, 45 years for non-violent crimes. And that’s a huge mistake. Our prisons are full of non-violent criminals.

I don’t want to encourage people to do it. I think even marijuana is a bad thing to do. I think it takes away your incentive to work and show up and do the things you should be doing. I don’t think it’s a good idea. I don’t want to promote that. But I also don’t want to put people in jail who make a mistake. There’s a lot of young people who do this, then later on in their 20s they grow up and they get married and they quit doing things like this. I don’t want to put them in jail and ruin their lives.

Look, the last two presidents could conceivably have been put in jail for their drug use and I really think, you know, look what would have happened. It would have ruined their lives. They got lucky, but a lot of poor kids. particularly in the inner city, they don’t get lucky, they don’t have good attorneys, and they go to jail for these things, and I think it’s a big mistake.

Rand Paul also said former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, and a likely opponent for the 2016 Republican nomination, showed hypocrisy for his opposition to medical marijuana in Florida, yet admitted to using pot in college. Mr. Bush, Sen. Marco Rubio, Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Ted Cruz, all mentioned as possible 2016 presidential hopefuls, have said they believe states have the right to make their own marijuana laws.

Roughly 46 percent of Americans support legalizing marijuana, although most Republicans oppose legalization.

edit on 15-4-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

That was one of the biggest "whoops" moments ever.
Hahahahahaha!

Oh man, there goes all hope for getting his win, right?

edit on 4/15/15 by GENERAL EYES because: had to clarify something lest i look like an ass

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

The last thing he needs to do is smoke pot and get the munchies....we are already facing a food shortage. I really hope he doesn't have true aspirations of being the Republican nominee for Presidential candidate as he will not make it. The statements he has made on the issue of legal marijuana have little to do with the fact he would never gain the nod much less the votes.

He does have his diehard supporters but at this point he just keeps digging a bigger hole...a hole that really needs to be big...for himself and is creating more and more scandals for himself everyday. I don't even believe he has a chance at being someone's pick for VP...although as a comedy distraction he would be a good one.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
He must have the worst pollsters ever on his team. That or he is just blowing smoke. (see what I did there?)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You cant underestimate this guy, how many people have surgery for weight problems and then not lose any weight...that sure takes some determination there. Me thinks he is a closet smoker, yes?

Oh and I also want to thank you Christi because you may be one of the last politicians to take this stand. WTG

edit on 15-4-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

That was one of the biggest "whoops" moments ever.
Hahahahahaha!

Oh man, there goes all hope for getting his win, right?

"Gov. Chris Christie failed to report as income or pay taxes on $380,000 in expense allowances he received from the state, according to a New Jersey Watchdog examination of Treasury data and the governor’s tax returns. By not declaring the allowances on their joint returns, Christie and his wife, Mary Pat, avoided roughly $152,000 in federal income taxes over four years." watchdog.org...

Another "whoops"

Yep, he is done. Stick a fork in him.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That Fatass Blowhard will never get anywhere near the Presidency, So its irrelevant to anything he has to say

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If Hillary wants to win, she better get on board -- and fast -- over MJ issues. It's trending right now, and it seems to motivate people to go vote more than a lot of things.
edit on 15-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This fat,corrupt,tax-evading, traffic blocking, P.O.S. should be in jail himself.

What a pathetic attempt to garner votes from the formerly all powerful AARP crowd.

The times they are a changing chump, I wish you all the worst

Christie the Hutt makes me embarrassed to be a republican.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am more interested in his stance on medical marijuana.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
double.
edit on 15-4-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Give this man an inch and he'll eat a mile. This fellow has about as much chance of being U.S. president as I do, maybe less (my buds call me Jeb), so nobody need worry about him getting caught with his pants down in the White House.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sounds like he's really burning his bridges.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Anyone who is as frighteningly obese as this guy is has absolutely ZERO credibility regarding what other people should be allowed to put in their own bodies.

Maybe he should "crack down" on his own addiction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join