It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie: 'I Will Crack Down And Not Permit' Legal Marijuana As President

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I would assume that marijuana is far safer than morbid obesity. You would think Mr. Hut would realize that too.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

"States should not be permitted to sell it and profit" from legalizing marijuana, he said.

Right Chris, only the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT with it's covert agencies should profit from marijuana...

what a putz...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This pretty much sums up the republican party's stance on the cannabis issue. The one's who actually have a legitimate chance of winning the ticket will not be so vocal about the issue, but they still will stonewall legalization efforts.

The War on Drugs is job security and control for too many.

At least Cristie gives us someone to laugh at.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Idk, looking at him, I just see this...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
What a wonderful day for America!

No, seriously.

For the first time, making a statement like this is actually politically harmful. As said, he will not be president, and it is going to become increasingly obvious that such attitudes are politically harmful...and thus politicians will continue to chane their tune, cuz when it comes down to it they just want to be elected.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
He's right for all of the wrong reasons. What the Obama Administration is doing by not enforcing these laws is clearly unconstitutional based on the Supremacy Clause. He has the ability as executive to lower the drug's classification, and he should, but he hasn't. Him not enforcing these laws spits in the face of our Constitution, even if I agree that pot being illegal is stupid and insane.

So, like I said, Christy is right, but he's right for all of the wrong reasons and probably has no idea that all he would be doing is upholding our founding document. In his mind it's a moral and power issue, because he's an idiot, just like our current President.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I saw a recent poll that had legalization favored by 52% nationwide. I dont have a link, just relating what I remembee.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
www.thefix.com...

Haha. One drug or another.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, there went his chances in Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Alaska, and D.C. And whatever state is next to legalize.

No matter. I agree he never had a chance in the first place. His own party hates him, and the Democrats tolerate him.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

But Obama is still enforcing these laws, its still illegal federally and enforced that way. All Obama's done is to get the DEA to back off the states that have chosen to legalize cannabis.

How is that unconstitutional? Remember that 80 years ago it was considered a state issue and was considered unconstitutional to tell an individual what they could and couldn't ingest anyway.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

No, seriously.

For the first time, making a statement like this is actually politically harmful. As said, he will not be president, and it is going to become increasingly obvious that such attitudes are politically harmful...and thus politicians will continue to chane their tune, cuz when it comes down to it they just want to be elected.

Wrong they just want to get paid, and running for POTUS pays alot!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: TheJourney

No, seriously.

Wrong they just want to get paid, and running for POTUS pays alot!

Yep. Many people have made a career out of it. They get free publicity, massive funding, book deals, etc. They get to use that raised money on whatever they want as long as they can "prove" it's campaign related (accounting tricks at their best). Then they drop out & get to keep most of the funds if they were crafty enough to siphon the money into the right shell companies (like family owned "consultants", friend-controlled contractors, etc).

Career politicians may be many things, but stupid isn't one of them. They've mastered the art of milking the system for their own benefit.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

He wants to Crack down on pot.
He is a Dallas Cowboys fan.
He is a loser.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

But Obama is still enforcing these laws, its still illegal federally and enforced that way. All Obama's done is to get the DEA to back off the states that have chosen to legalize cannabis.

How is that unconstitutional? Remember that 80 years ago it was considered a state issue and was considered unconstitutional to tell an individual what they could and couldn't ingest anyway.

Because laws are supposed to be applied ubiquitously. This is not a state's right issue. The federal law should encompass all 50 states, as does every other federal law.

Like I said, I don't agree with the law in the first place, but the law itself is not the point. Without the application of the law being maintained in a uniform manner law itself begins to break down. If that sounds dramatic, okay, but the basis of law is in its application of equality. Is is fair for other states to still have the DEA raiding their properties and territory? No, then the law should be changed in the first place and not circumvented by the Executive.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

That's how I know Kristie isn't actually a political front runner, nor seriously contemplating running.

OR, he is, and he can't get any money. Which is why he's pandering to this hard core right view.

Idiot.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
He's advocating throwing away Billions of Dollars on a war we'll never win

maybe he has relatives workin' at the DEA

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Seeing as he has been exposed as a corrupt tax dodging fat arsed bastard im guessing he will be lucky to even keep his current job let alone become president.

Or am I overestimating the average new jersey voter?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
This from the same guy who's state relies on gambling to pay the bills and is a top advocate for legalized sports betting.

It is not working. Atlantic City is going broke and is reverting back to the cesspool that is was in the 1970's. Frankly, if it slid into the Atlantic it would do us New Jersey residents a favor.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Seeing as he has been exposed as a corrupt tax dodging fat arsed bastard im guessing he will be lucky to even keep his current job let alone become president.

Or am I overestimating the average new jersey voter?

He was recently reelected as Governor of New Jersey. He ran on reducing our oppressive and crushing property taxes which are the highest in the country. I am still waiting to see my taxes go down, they have only not gone up as much as in the past.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Want to know what's SO funny about this? When my cousin (a New Jersey resident) received a SCHEDULE I FEDERAL EXEMPTION for his Marijuana and Hemp LLC, CHRIS CHRISTIE used it as a greattt PHOTO OP, with him standing there with a smile on his face as if he was taking credit for this.

...good luck on your campaign for POTUS ya 2-faced sack of crap

edit on 16-4-2015 by FamCore because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join