It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia lifts ban on delivering missile-defence system to Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
GLOBE AND MAIL LINK

Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday paved the way for long-overdue missile system deliveries to Iran and Moscow started an oil-for-goods swap with Tehran, showing the Kremlin’s determination to boost economic ties with the Islamic Republic.

The moves come after world powers, including Russia, reached an interim deal with Iran on curbing its nuclear program and signal that Moscow may have a headstart in the race to benefit from an eventual lifting of sanctions on Tehran.

What are we setting up for here? Russia MUST know that the neocons are going to take the White House, and Russia MUST know that the neocons are going to go back on any deals made with Iran under Obama. Is Russia going to keep stacking up chips in Iran over the next year and are neocons going to have enough shameless gull to send American boys and girls off to the meat grinder for Israel's sake?

I guess we are building towards a "put up or shut up" situation.

Would Hilary go back on the lifted sanctions?

Something tells me that Russia believes they can afford another BIG proxy war with the US. Can the US afford this? 18 trillion and counting? How long can the US keep fudging the books?

Man, I ask a lot of questions.
edit on 13-4-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well this will make the P5+1 talks interesting.

Especially 'cause Russia is one of the P5.

Obama turns cheek.

Kerry turns cheek.

Putin smirks loudly.

Rouhani smirks in private.

edit on Apr-13-2015 by xuenchen because: ;;66[_||_]44;;

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well this will make the P5+1 talks interesting.

Especially 'cause Russia is one of the P5.

Obama turns cheek.

Kerry turns cheek.

Putin smirks loudly.

Rouhani smirks in private.

edit on Apr-13-2015 by xuenchen because: ;;66[_||_]44;;

And all the Neo-Cons s# in their diapers at Peace in the Middle East.

Sad, I know.
edit on 13-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Neo-Cons sounds better than Republicans.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

If anything this must step up the timetable for Israel to act, I don't think waiting for a change in US policy would be reasonable to expect on their part.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

If anything this must step up the timetable for Israel to act, I don't think waiting for a change in US policy would be reasonable to expect on their part.

Missile someone before they can defend themselves...

Sounds exactly like what a Netanyahu Government would do.
They are interfering cowards after all.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Israel cannot take on Iran without the US.
...With or without the S-300's

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I wouldn't bet on that though, it would seem that few share my skepticism.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Missile someone before they can defend themselves...

Sounds exactly like what a Netanyahu Government would do.
They are interfering cowards after all.

They did it in Iraq so I don't understand how anyone would think they wouldn't do it in Iran.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Someone was going to sell arms to Iran. It was either going to be Russia, China, or Korea which would have been China's proxy.

The arms being sold at this point are for defense they have no significance for aggression. I can't bring myself to damn them for that because if I did it would make me a top tier hypocrite sitting here in the US.

Russia gets it's oil and Iran gets defense systems it is like a international Trader Jake.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I wouldn't bet on that though, it would seem that few share my skepticism.

How convinced are the Israeli people that Iran will wipe Israel off the map? Sending Israeli soldiers into Iran without US support? Would Netanyahu not need permission for that? I hope the Israeli government has more respect for it's soldiers.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Israel didn't invade Iraq and I have no reason to believe that it would invade Iran.

The real question is, do they feel threatened enough to deploy nuclear weapons or would they stay conventional.

Unfortunately, that is a legitimate option because of the hardened nature of much of the infrastructure.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's amazing how many think a nuclear arms race in the ME is a good thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Israel didn't invade Iraq and I have no reason to believe that it would invade Iran.

The real question is, do they feel threatened enough to deploy nuclear weapons or would they stay conventional.

Unfortunately, that is a legitimate option because of the hardened nature of much of the infrastructure.

Gosh, I don't know.

Israel is a nation controlled by people that believe in the end of days and the world is their bitch. I hope the Jesuits are watching closely? I don't know.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It's amazing how many think a nuclear arms race in the ME is a good thing.

You are absolutely right. Israel needs to get rid of their nukes yesturday. It is making everyone nervous.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I mentioned this in the other thread www.abovetopsecret.com..., but this isn't a big deal. Russia already has the S-400 now, which isn't part of the deal. And the original Iran-Russia deal for the S-300s was signed back in 2008. In other words, this is a previous generation weapons system. I highly doubt Israel & the West don't have counters to the S-300s by now.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I mentioned this in the other thread www.abovetopsecret.com..., but this isn't a big deal. Russia already has the S-400 now, which isn't part of the deal. And the original Iran-Russia deal for the S-300s was signed back in 2008. In other words, this is a previous generation weapons system. I highly doubt Israel & the West don't have counters to the S-300s by now.

Both s-300 and 400 have a height detection weakness.the f-35 is said to be a s-300 killer by its manufacturer.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah that kinda proves the point. People are acting like Russia is going to give Iran the SS-18 "Satan" nuclear missiles or something like that.

[Also, I saw an article on RT saying the original deal was signed in 2007 not 2008. I was positive it was 2008 but maybe it was a year before that? Either way, it's still older technology]

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It seems to me that Russia, Iran and North Korea are all in bed together...so to speak. Russia is supplying nuke technology and nukes to them...and all of them hate the U.S. and many of our allies. I feel strongly that something is being planned against the U.S. and it's allies.

I thank you for creating this thread. It will be interesting to see what happens by next year.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

What are we setting up for here? Russia MUST know that the neocons are going to take the White House, and Russia MUST know that the neocons are going to go back on any deals made with Iran under Obama. Is Russia going to keep stacking up chips in Iran over the next year and are neocons going to have enough shameless gull to send American boys and girls off to the meat grinder for Israel's sake?

To answer your questions:

Yup
Yup
and Yup

They know what's coming down the pipeline.

Hell, most of us 'not in the know' can see what's coming down the pipeline too.

Within less than 18 months of the new neocon puppet being placed on the throne, war will be at our feet once again.

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Inevitable war if chess games keep being played. Especially with as mentioned, another NeoCon, such as Hillary, though unexpected by many. One example:

Hillary Clinton Biggest Neocon of All

"There's not been a war since the 1990s that Hillary Clinton hasn't supported," Scarborough said.

Source

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join