It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are (all) the Photos of Ceres?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
Those in the know already know what those who are not in the know, do not know yet. Those who do not know yet may never know what those in the know, already know.

However, Make no mistake about it though, those in the know already know. ~$heopleNation

Is that another way of saying this?

Too many "Know it all's" and not enough "want to knows" on this planet

I say, " And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

When it comes to our Solar System, I think the best approach is to always keep an open mind about the possible unknowns. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

When it comes to our Solar System, I think the best approach is to always keep an open mind about the possible unknowns. ~$heopleNation

Possible unknowns? Certainly true. But at least we can "Imagine" the unknown, and its possibilities. We don't have to wait until someone comes along and tells us what the unknowns are. That in my opinion is how we become entrapped into paradigms (SheepleNation). Our imaginations will always allow us an avenue of escape from them.

Since I have seen the White light Orbs, beings of light, or what ever your choice of verbiage might be, my imagination has gone into galactic overdrive. I imagine that central suns (planetary Cores) could be the entrance and exits points from our reality, for those beings, back into theirs. Maybe the hole punched into Ceres is just a convenient portal for them to traverse through. The doorway to the Divine.

Some here have cautioned us about having "too open of a mind". Why? What does a open mind and a imagination have to fear? Death? A matrix that would prefer not to be imagined about? Sometimes an imagination can expose hidden truths, don't you agree? After all, isn't that why were are all here???

Imagine a world where there are no secrets... No hidden files, no hidden photographs.... No hidden history.....

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's said that when Dawn finishes its mission, it'll be parked in orbit of Ceres, permanently. A good thing they'll not have to feed coins to De meter.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Perhaps pretending to know it all helps us figure out what we really know ya know? LOLS But I really do think that may be how some of us are wired.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Like I said, it's all about keeping an open mind. Science is important too though. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Like I said, it's all about keeping an open mind. Science is important too though. ~$heopleNation

But its the kind of science that is important. Is this the state of the scientific community?

Next Post Cairo Contemporary Music Days Previous Post An Exquisite Local Night at the Cairo Capital Club Video: Zahi Hawass Freaks Out and Storms Out Of Debate

Children who cant play by the rules they want, take their bat and go home.? Or making subjects so difficult people loose interest and turn away?

The Main Stream scientific community to date is a disgrace. And what Mr Hawass did reflects not only the state of archeology but in all other disciplines as well. Certainly personal profit and fame drive some of it, but there is far more to it. And if you ask me, what you saw was more than a childish outburst, it is a reflection of mind control. I have seen others respond in similar fashion who are in denial. He doesn't need a spanking, he needs to be deprogrammed!

I have told many around me that they need to take back certain aspects of their lives, whether that be medical, financial, educational, and yes, scientific! We need to take it back from these mind controlled drones who will not even LOOK at the evidence, but rather hide it, or destroy it!!

Science should all be OPEN SOURCE, free and honest, governed by volunteers who are not submissive to financial gains in any way.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

Perhaps pretending to know it all helps us figure out what we really know ya know? LOLS But I really do think that may be how some of us are wired.

You made me think back about all the children who pretended to be cowboys and Indians, firemen and police officers, soldiers, doctors and nurses. I even knew some kids who even pretended to be scientists making new discoveries. For it is a unwritten law that children are allowed this mental exercise. But when one attains a certain age, it is no longer acceptable socially.

I agree with you, sometimes its necessary to flush out the truth.. The only thing I pretend to be, is an Adult, but at least I admit it lol lol lol

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just been viewing the images at
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...:Ceres:

and saw what says

Dawn's First Color Map of Ceres

so i put both together b&w and color

the bright parts line up with the golden color,
am i silly in thinking it could be mountains of gold? hence the bright shiny spots
or is it false color?

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A new theory on Ceres.

Are bright spots on Ceres electric?

I feel the answer is in this direction

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
A new theory on Ceres.

Are bright spots on Ceres electric?

I feel the answer is in this direction

If you're a believer in the Electric Universe "theory", everything is electric. It's the default "God did it" response of this brand of pseudoscience.

Wouldn't such large and prominent electric activities have a tell-tale sign in the interplanetary space, being detected by (and even interfering with) spacecraft that we send out there? Rosetta hasn't picked up any plasma discharges from the comet Chury (even showing that it has no magnetic charge), and likewise Dawn isn't picking up anything from Ceres.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespaceI'm not a expert on the "Electric Universe "theory"", but I do consider it worthy of exploration. Electric Universe theory

The reason why is because of the intensity of the light on Ceres. It just reminds me so much of a Light emitting diode. And in this case a very large, spherical one.

Our understanding of electrical components is that they operate using conduits of material that freely move their electrons down the conduit (wire). In our minds we can not have electricity without the component or conduit. Well, as we all know, electricity does in deed exist outside of conduits, sometimes in the form of lightning, sometimes in the form of static discharges. It seems Scientists are demanding to see the conduit, in their terms (paradigms), not as it may be in reality.

There are no conduits running from the Sun, planets, that we can see or test, therefore, they do not exist. Really?
Maybe the conduit has been in our faces the whole time, lighting up our reality?

The photons of light may very well be that conductor of electrons that powers the LED. It might also be possible that this new force (Dark Matter, or Anti Matter) may also play a unseen part in the Solar Ballet of the Planets.

van.physics.illinois.edu...

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Dawn's first image of Ceres with a definition of 1300 meters per pixel was released today. It was taken on the 24th. This indicates the usual delay of 5 days, for arranging transmission back to Earth, and image processing. The previous best images had a resolution of 2100 meters per pixel, not 1300, as I stated erroneously before. Link below to a good sized version of this image:
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 29-4-2015 by Ross 54 because: corrected link address

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
so when can we expect to see a picture with good definition of the brights spots? A week, a month, a year from now?

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
We don't know how small the bright spots could be, so predicting when they'll be properly resolved is not possible. They reportedly weren't resolved at 2100 meters per pixel on April 14th, so are presumably smaller than 2100 meters in diameter. Images of the bright spots at 1300 meters per pixel, a resolution improvement of ~ 60% will likely be released around May 9th -- 11th.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Another new image of Ceres' South polar region, from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, NASA Photojournal:

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ross 54
We don't know how small the bright spots could be, so predicting when they'll be properly resolved is not possible. They reportedly weren't resolved at 2100 meters per pixel on April 14th, so are presumably smaller than 2100 meters in diameter. Images of the bright spots at 1300 meters per pixel, a resolution improvement of ~ 60% will likely be released around May 9th -- 11th.

I'm going to predict the "opening", is going to be in the 5 kilometer range. May 11th? Where did I read the date before????

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Another new image of Ceres. Dawn is in a 15 day orbit, so its point of view only changes about 24 degrees per day.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The latest image of Ceres, taken by Dawn. No images were released over the weekend, which appears to be the status quo for the project. Several long fissures appear to extend from a very large crater, at about the 5 o'clock position.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

This image of Ceres is part of a sequence taken by NASA's Dawn spacecraft on May 4, 2015, from a distance of 8,400 miles (13,600 kilometers).

Source

Edit: Appears to be the same side of Ceres as seen on the left here: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

NASA's Dawn spacecraft took these images of dwarf planet Ceres from about 25,000 miles (40,000 kilometers) away on Feb. 25, 2015. Ceres appears half in shadow because of the current position of the spacecraft relative to the dwarf planet and the sun. The resolution is about 2.3 miles (3.7 kilometers) per pixel.

Source

It's worth saving copies as sometimes the catalog entries disappear. For example PIA19336 and PIA19337 noted here have been removed.

edit on 10-5-2015 by 4Vesta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join