It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS POLL: Which Country Represents the Biggest Threat to Humanity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Remember Churchill wanted to reform the German army after its surrender and with the USA to take out Russia and Truman righfull shot the idea down as bad # insane

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
When looking at how humanity has suffered at the hands of USA, how it is suffering at present and how we predict/expect humanity to suffer at the hands of the USA... I think it is clear why people are choosing USA over Russia.

EDIT: I'm not just talking war - I'm talking corporations, fat cats, freedoms... USA have broken everything like a spolied child who just wants more more MORE!!

edit on 9-4-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Can you vote more than once , i have not tried but if you can the haters will just vote over and over .

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Invaded ? Hardly....but when talking about nukes...i have u much bigger fear from the US...you know...historicaly speaking. I know...to US supportes it means nothing.

I'll reserve my right to put significance on historic events.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Israel simply because they keep trying to push us to start wars.

But USA , Russia and North Korea I think are joint at the top but I only have 1 vote

Though USA I think goes up and down depnding who is president.
Face it guys your foreign policy is not consistant

Our current foreign policy is....well honestly Obamas foreign policy as the single most powerful man in earth is to bow to kings alienate allies and give terrorists what they want while simultaneously acting like he, who should be the best informed person on earth only hears about things by watching the news and announcing deals on Iran's nuke program to be successful when they aren't....repeatedly.

So ya, right now our foreign policy is a bag full of cats wearing clown shoes doing the macarena.

None of it makes sense to anyone watching.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Israel should have ranked higher. Just saying... If any "leader" is capable of pulling some WW3 type ish, Netanyahu is right up there.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Personally I think we should scrap NATO and reform a better more mutual defence treaty.
A treaty that focuses on defence only and respect of sovereignty.

Im sick of the west buddying up to country’s that do not share our values and at the throats of other allies or dont pull there weight and expect other do to the dirty work.

Think a new treaty should be USA,UK,Canada,New Zealand,Australia,Japan,South Korea,EU. We all share the same values in some way or other, none of us in that group are enemies and except for Japan and some EU country’s, have all got a track record of coming to each others aid.

If any of the countrys I listed were attacked I know I would want the UK to help out and would go myself if I passed the medical

I would reenter service to aid any if the countries you listed.

All are good allies of the US, all are democratic, all have good human rights and citizen rights records as far as humanity goes.

Nobody is perfect.

I have to disagree on Canada though, I heard a rumor they are hoarding bacon cheese and beer.

Are those evil Canadians attempting to deprive the rest of us of these true gifts from the gods themselves?

Can we really trust them?

Once I stepped on a Canadians foot by accident, he immediately apologized...... I think it is their plot to make us think them very polite so we don't see it coming.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I don't think the US will start some apocalypse event but I do think it could push another country into doing it.

WWII happened in good part because the world demoralized Germany to the point they were ready and willing to fight back. I can see the US pushing another country to the point it snaps like what happens when a bully F's with a kid too much.

Sooner or later there will be a Columbine world level event.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Hardly. They didn't have nuclear weapons in the 1st or 2nd world war and Hitler learned the hard way why Russia is historically a force to be reckoned with. The same as Napoleon. Who do you think would invade Russia if they didn't have nukes? They might not be able to exert their influence internationally to the extent they have, but it's not like they would have been invaded by the U.S or some such nonsense.

Russia is historically like Afghanistan, invaded many times.

Made the invaders sorry many times.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Remember Churchill wanted to reform the German army after its surrender and with the USA to take out Russia and Truman righfull shot the idea down as bad # insane

I think it was war weariness honestly.

Though we did already have them outnumbered and surrounded with hardened combat veterans....

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Great poll . I dont know if i should be proud or insulted that Australia is not there . We have secret ambitions for Papua New Guinea you know .

Secret ambitions for PNG? We administered it for decades before letting them have independence in the 70's, lol.

Forget about PNG though...We need to focus more on Indonesia...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
When looking at how humanity has suffered at the hands of USA, how it is suffering at present and how we predict/expect humanity to suffer at the hands of the USA... I think it is clear why people are choosing USA over Russia.

EDIT: I'm not just talking war - I'm talking corporations, fat cats, freedoms... USA have broken everything like a spolied child who just wants more more MORE!!

I would honestly say the world is much better off at present than any time in world history....so...

How do you come to these conclusions?

Deets please?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I know a man that worked in PNG back in the 60s . He has bows arrows and spears that would make your blood curdle . Once they go in they aint coming out . Indonesia , lets not upset them to much , not that it is hard to upset them .

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I was damn tempted to pick the USA, but my viewpoint on that situation is similar to the viewpoint Homer SImpson has on alcohol:
"To America! The cause of, and solution to, most of life's problems."
It would just be weird to view the country with the best likelihood of saving humanity as also being the country most likely to destroy humanity.

So I voted for China. In another decade or so China will hold the hand America allowed to slip to the barroom floor and will be in the driver's seat. Everybody knows lead dog is the most hated dog, so it's time to invest in some "Blame China" stock futures.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

I would honestly say the world is much better off at present than any time in world history....so...

I could ask the same of your opinion. Your basing your opinion on records of history written by and about people of power, people who need you to believe you are living in a better age. In fact these are the dark ages, these are the times we are controlled and herded.

Even if the world is much better off (I do not subscribe to this view) USA is still a power hungry machine driven by corporations who will not stop at damaging the natural world and its people to become more rich and powerful - more so than any other nation. Yes, I agree, Singaporean, MAlaysian, Chinese companies are all doing the dirty, but USA doesn't stop there, it wages wars - kills people. Kills people and tricks us into thinking that's cool.

I don't support any country/corporation (they are corporations) but I am not naive enough to believe USA is the land of the free, offering democracy and aid to humanity, quite the opposite.

I imagine you are just playing devil's advocate though.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I was damn tempted to pick the USA, but my viewpoint on that situation is similar to the viewpoint Homer SImpson has on alcohol:
It would just be weird to view the country with the best likelihood of saving humanity as also being the country most likely to destroy humanity.

So I voted for China. In another decade or so China will hold the hand America allowed to slip to the barroom floor and will be in the driver's seat. Everybody knows lead dog is the most hated dog, so it's time to invest in some "Blame China" stock futures.

I have to agree.

The USA does aload of good.

Then goes and screws up by Invading Iraq or bombing Libya........

edit on 9-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Biggest threat hy far to the entire world is Israel due israeli arrogance .. its crimes against humanity and its genocidal policies ..

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: johnwick

I could ask the same of your opinion. Your basing your opinion on records of history written by and about people of power, people who need you to believe you are living in a better age. In fact these are the dark ages, these are the times we are controlled and herded.

Even if the world is much better off (I do not subscribe to this view) USA is still a power hungry machine driven by corporations who will not stop at damaging the natural world and its people to become more rich and powerful - more so than any other nation. Yes, I agree, Singaporean, MAlaysian, Chinese companies are all doing the dirty, but USA doesn't stop there, it wages wars - kills people. Kills people and tricks us into thinking that's cool.

I don't support any country/corporation (they are corporations) but I am not naive enough to believe USA is the land of the free, offering democracy and aid to humanity, quite the opposite.

I imagine you are just playing devil's advocate though.

Yes I was in fact playing that hand.

But honestly, "the dark ages"?

Most died of malnutrition in the most advanced nations on earth at the time......

Damn, I see your point.

But we do live in a much more peaceful world today than we did then.

Fewer die in wars (by percentages) fewer wars are fought(by percentages) and fewer suffer day by day.

No america is not perfect, I openly claim its faults... They are tragically plentiful.

The corps are godless offspring of Satan himself if there ever were any.

But is the world today, right now, not honestly better off than say 100 years ago?

200 years?

1000 years ago?

I am a history buff, but can not actually name one single time more free people had more freedom and prosperity than now.

Sure we are not perfect. Plenty of fingers can easily be pointed.

We are just quite flawed people stumbling along through life.

Taking what we can, who can blame those that take more?

Most of us would if we could.

I am happy to be able to say I would not.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I have to agree.

The USA does aload of good.

The goes and screws up by Invading Iraq or bombing Libya........

It sucks truck loads of anus.

But the good also comes with the bad.

"Were it not so"

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

You are so right there because there's warfare on two fronts on this planet:

the physical one where Israel - through the money-men and other spurious means dictates to the USA, its lap dog the UK and other co-conspirators to dash off their young men and women to fight their perceived enemies and then, of course,

There's the economic one that historically Japan used and Germany worked its socks off for for its survival after 2WW's. Today its China getting ready to take on the world with her allies sailing in her wake.

Neither model will be a recipe for success for everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join