It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Williams Blamed Possible Brain Tumor for Inaccurate Helicopter Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It looks like the Brian Williams NBC story isn't over yet...and it looks like some inside the network are looking to make his current suspension a permanent one.
I think this story is pretty sad...because he seems like a genuinely nice man and I see a man sinking deeper and deeper into consequences of his own celebrity-induced narcissism. This story will continue to unfold.

According to NBC insiders who spoke to Vanity Fair, Williams would not take full responsibility for the mistake and looked for something to blame.

"He couldn't say the words 'I lied,'" a source told the magazine. "We could not force his mouth to form the words 'I lied.' He couldn't explain what had happened."

"[He said,] 'Did something happen to [my] head? Maybe I had a brain tumor, or something in my head?'" the source added of Williams. "He just didn't know. We just didn't know. We had no clear sense what had happened. We got the best [apology] we could get."

www.usmagazine.com...

Vanity Fair:
www.vanityfair.com...
edit on Tue Apr 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This guy's had surgery, it's called a lobotomy and someone put a goldfish brain in his skull haha

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Lets cut his head open and find out. I'm betting no tumor.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hey I have a legit spot on my brain.. think of the naughty I can do now!!

Thanks Brian Williams! Ima gonna have some fun now!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I slept with Pamela Anderson. I mean I saw her in the movie Borat. Does any one else smell burnt toast? Pesky tumors...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Could be setting up a "reason" for permanently not going back to NBC.

"Private" medical conditions are very effective.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Its quite sad and pathetic in a way. He is now telling more lies to cover the original lie. Its like something a 6 year old would do.

What a loser!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
People mis-remember things all the time...you are lying if you say you haven't.

What he said didn't put anyone in danger or anything...he simply mis-remembered a very chaotic and stressful event.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I couldn't help it, I had to use this image when tweeting this thread:

Seriously though, how desperate can one be?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I like Lester Holt far better. Although he is just another talking head.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

There's a first, IAMTAT. I needed this, thanks and bump.
For the first time we can blame a well cultivated case of
sociopathy on a tumor or some trauma.. I figure with as
many in the media doing the same thing, we'll have to
get the AMA on board with the CDC to throw a caution
out there that news anchor desks can be carcinogenic.

Even sociopaths can occasionally feel guilt -- he may still be
hanging on by a thread. I hope his chemo goes better than
mine did. It should, though-- he's one of the privileged.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

What he said didn't put anyone in danger or anything...he simply mis-remembered a very chaotic and stressful event.

His job is to remember events and news accurately so he can inform the public. (I know, a joke in itself)

He did not "mis-remimber", he completely fabricated a story about himself and basically called anyone who watches him a gullible idiot. If this guy honestly cannot remember if he did what he says he did its truly remarkable he can put his shoes on in the morning.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Not only did he have a brain tumor, he built an MRI machine to diagnose it himself... before he performed the surgery to remove it.....
All while under fire in Syria...
Where he was helping both the FSA and Assad's army.
There's an MSM story in there somewhere.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

As chaotic and stressful when it was not.

The soldiers involved even said as much.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Not only did he have a brain tumor, he built an MRI machine to diagnose it himself... before he performed the surgery to remove it.....
All while under fire in Syria...
Where he was helping both the FSA and Assad's army.
There's an MSM story in there somewhere.

This just reminds me of the meme thread SO started.

I laughed for days on that one.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

As chaotic and stressful when it was not.

The soldiers involved even said as much.

Maybe for soldiers it wasn't chaotic and stressful...but that doesn't mean it wasn't for Brian Williams.

Have you ever remembered something incorrectly?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality

His job is to remember events and news accurately so he can inform the public. (I know, a joke in itself)

He did not "mis-remimber", he completely fabricated a story about himself and basically called anyone who watches him a gullible idiot. If this guy honestly cannot remember if he did what he says he did its truly remarkable he can put his shoes on in the morning.

First off, if you really think he is the one doing the research for his stories then you are just as gullible as the idiots you are claiming watches him

Second, do you have a perfect memory? Are people who witnessed 9/11 first hand idiots if they don't remember the events exactly how they played out? I have heard many comments from people who claim they witnessed something happen on that day that is just not possible...like someone claiming they saw the jet hit the second tower after the first tower fell...they swear this is how it happened...but all the video evidence proves them wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Doesn't this do for the brain tumor community what the Rolling Stone hoax does for the violence against women community?
Both hoaxes minimize the seriousness of some very legitimate issues.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I cant wait for his story of how the Brain tumor vanished. this just gets better and better.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

To me it just sounds like some off the cuff boasting that he didn't think anyone would fact check.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join