It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer is female?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Lucifer is VERY clearly described in The Bible as God's BROTHER. No question as to if he was a female.

Now, if God really was ALL POWERFUL, he could just smite The Devil and be done with the whole "Hell" thing.

Of course, in comic books, when you kill the bad guy, there's nothing left for the hero to do and the narrative ends.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Lucifer is VERY clearly described in The Bible as God's BROTHER. No question as to if he was a female.

Now, if God really was ALL POWERFUL, he could just smite The Devil and be done with the whole "Hell" thing.

Of course, in comic books, when you kill the bad guy, there's nothing left for the hero to do and the narrative ends.

It is amazing as to what is learned about the bible (interpretations) and is the point. Is God vengeful, or capable of killing off its own creation; apparently YES but as you say is reluctant to kill off the villain [need someone else to blame point fingers at].

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Lucifer is VERY clearly described in The Bible as God's BROTHER.

I'd love to see you quote from your bible where it says Lucifer is anyone's brother. Lucifer is only found in the poorly translated King James Version, resting on the 16th century Greek Textus Receptus which relies on seven manuscripts most of them rather modern, 11th and 12th century stuff. The name which is crippled to read Lucifer son of the Morning is a Hebrew name, and it is probably the name of one of Isaiah's personal enemies, Hillel ben Shahar, or Hillel son of Shahar.

No question as to if he was a female.

Like i showed above, the only place the god Lucifer appears in the bible, he is given as a son of God's creation, most likely Hillel ben Shahar is a prophet, and probably not a king of Babylon or Satan himself, anyway it's there due to a mistranslation of Isaiah's words and has nothing to do with Satan falling. Apples fall too, and you have probably fell a few times yourself in your life. Narrow-minded Christian interpreters have woven all sorts of loud fantasies from this quote. But it's all bollocks. Isaiah mocks a rival, simple as that.

Which he will eventually do if we are to believe the book he appears in.

Even in comic books Lucifer is given to be a son of God and a brother of Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael and Michael and the others. He is a son of God, just like Jesus, the elders, prophets and kings and a few others, perhaps you consider yourself one? Point is, there is very little serious material on Satan and Lucifer that was not coined by moderners like Crowley and LaVey or writers like Dante and Milton. Most of this crap originates from dogmatic Christian prose and church doctrinal works, like those of st. Augustine and others.

In NT, especially Revelation:
Satan is given as Accuser
The Son is given as Truth
The Spirit is given as Spokesman
Two prophets are given as Witnesses
The Lamb is given as Victim
God is given as Judge

This looks like a court trial to me. What do you know, there's a hail-storm out all of a sudden. Now it's gone. Weird.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Then, it really is not SPELLED out if God was female or male, now was it?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think the OP is correct... As proof I have known a few in my life that are....

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Jesus Christ is referred to as Lucifer, not the devil.

If you read the bible in the original Greek and read 2 Peter 1:19 , it refers to Jesus Christ as Phosphoros and in Latin as Lucifer.

Latin: Lucis (of Light) + Fero (Bearer) = Lucifer (Light Bearer)
Greek: φωσ (phos/light) + φορος (phoros/bearer) = φωσφορος (Light Bearer)

"et habemus firmiorem propheticum sermonem cui bene facitis adtendentes quasi lucernae lucenti in caliginoso loco donec dies inlucescat et lucifer oriatur in cordibus vestris" - II 2 Petri 1:19

"και εχομεν βεβαιοτερον τον προφητικον λογον ω καλως ποιειτε προσεχοντες ως λυχνω φαινοντι εν αυχμηρω τοπω εως ου ημερα διαυγαση και φωσφορος ανατειλη εν ταις καρδιαις υμων" - ΠΕΤΡΟΥ Β΄ 1:19

"We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts." - 2 Peter 1:19

So is the devil evil? Yes (according to The Gospel).
Should he be called Lucifer a title given to Jesus Christ? No way.

The gender does not matter. Darkness can appear in different forms.

Love is the law of God and what the real prophets teach (Matthew 7:12).

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Revelation 22:16New International Version (NIV)

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

www.biblegateway.com...:16

Lucifer (/ˈlʲuːsɪfər/ lew-sif-ər) is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word הֵילֵל in Isaiah 14:12. This word, transliterated hêlêl[1] or heylel,[2] occurs only once in the Hebrew Bible[1] and according to the KJV-influenced Strong's Concordance means "shining one, morning star".[2] The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate,[3] which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer,[Isa 14:12][4][5] meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".[6] The Septuagint renders הֵילֵל in Greek as ἑωσφόρος[7][8][9][10][11] (heōsphoros),[12][13][14] a name, literally "bringer of dawn", for the morning star.[15]
Later Christian tradition came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer") for the Devil; as he was before his fall.[16] As a result, "'Lucifer' has become a by-word for Satan/the Devil in the Church and in popular literature",
en.wikipedia.org...

not female exactly
it looks like jesus is son of Lucifer the devil...and DAY vid and I guess SOloman....
umm..that would be SOL the son...er sun
Solar system

of course there is always I Love Lucy....fer

see my siggy thread for some real eye openers
edit on Tueam5b20155America/Chicago19 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Jesus Christ is referred to as Lucifer, not the devil.

Finally some sense! Indeed he is, Jesus Christ is the Lightbringer [2Peter 1:19, Revelation 22:16], and he gives his Morning Star to his Son [Revelation 2:28]. Even the world Devil means God* [see below], and in Revelation, Jesus is God, and the Messiah is the Son of Jesus [Revelation 21:7]

*) 'Devil' doesnot derive from Diablos etymologically, but the same word as 'Theos' (Greek, God) and 'Deus' (Latin, God) and 'Deva' (Sanskrit, God) and ultimately in the language of the Gypsies, 'Devel' (Romani, God). The word 'Devil' didn't occur in Europe until a wave of Gypsy immigrants settled in Europe and refused to pay taxes or obey laws and religion, so the Europeans coined a new word for 'Satan', hitherto unknown, "The Devil", it means "The God". If we were talking about the word Diablos, the syllable DIA would be transposed into English as the syllables 'Di' or 'Dia', certainly not 'Dev' which would give a word like «Diabel» or «Dibel» or similar. 'Devil' means 'God'.
edit on 19-5-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: misc

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

de ville
of the city

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones

de ville
of the city

Aye, and an English word for Sacred, 'Divine' shows a similar mistransposure as 'Devil', as you see they are opposite, while 'Divine' reflects 'Dev'/'Deu', 'Devil' reflects 'Dia'. It's crappy and it's what happens when politics enter linguistics.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

then there is Teo..as in Teotatis a god from gaul
and

Teotihuacan is referred to as the city of the gods

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this appears support the assertions made in my siggy thread

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Yes, Teo is from Greek, θεός «Theos». Means God. It is reflected in the definite article in English 'The' in the sense of 'existing': 'The'— «what is». And of course you know the word 'Theology' and 'Theocracy'.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It just figures that Yahweh would appoint his ex wife as the icon of universal evil.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

pitch axis: on course
roll axis : on course
YAW axis: OFF COURSE

lol
who names a god wrongway?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

What you did there, sir. I see it.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Eh, but OFF COURSE!

The relationship between God and Devil becomes rather obvious in Norwegian, where we have a slang word for "someone nasty" or "diabolic", and it's 'Jævel'. As in 'Jahveh-Elohim' contracted to 'Jæv-El' and reflecting on the word 'Devil'/'Djevel'. If someone f*cks up or acts like an idiot, we would call that person a 'Jævel'. It can also be used as an adjective 'Jævlig'/'Jævla' and for 'general f*ckery' we would say 'Jævelskap'. However, we would also sometimes reflect brilliance with this word, as in "en jævel til å spille piano" — "a 'Jævel' to play the piano".

But try telling a hired linguist that

edit on 19-5-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: first line

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

No, that's bad theology. Lucifer is pure spirit and therefore is neither male nor female. Angels are pure created spirits and have no reproductive capabilities and so are not male or female. God isn't male or female either. Calling the spirits male or female is just humans putting labels on that which they don't understand.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

What a load of bollocks. You mix apples and oranges here, or angel with spirit/ghost to be more precise.

In the Bible God is described as turning angels into spirits/winds. This simply means that God has power over the angels (lesser gods) and can destroy them and turn them into thin air and smoke.

There are different kinds of angels in Abraham's religions, but generally they are officers and soldiers in God's army. They belong to a slightly different branch of human primates (or earlier-then-Adam humans), and apparently when these (older, or early generation types of—) human-primates impregnates modern humans, gigantism is supposedly a possible effect (or defect). Mix a lion and a tiger and you get giant offspring. Mix certain dog breeds, and the same occurs. It's plausible.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

But then would not then the equation be held in infinity so neither is correct or incorrect.

Just noticed i say i will come back a thousand times to understand it all but this time I Will

(not about to give up yet regardless how many lifetimes it takes);

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
originally posted by: Fingle
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

Fingle: But then would not then the equation be held in infinity so neither is correct or incorrect.

Just noticed i say i will come back a thousand times to understand it all but this time I Will.

Yes, just so; infinity as describes the human has the resources to cause a new interest for the AUO that gains attention. You have no choice if you are a true free spirit that gets on that (what is this?) earths version of a 'carnival ride' exist without a God existent and trust EVERYTHING you have no knowledge of (Faith is involved).

vhb:
(not about to give up yet regardless how many lifetimes it takes)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join