It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumb laws revisited . Is your town mentioned .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I know this has been done before but this site gives you a chance to see if your home town is mentioned . Also laws are sometimes referenced . Mods have been contacted . Apparently i have to acknowledge the site ?? Here goes . wwwdumblaws.com or www.thedumb.com. Down the right side there are links to other pages from the dumb network . Such as dumb lawsuits .

Hope you will enjoy this site as much as i have . At the top of the page (in blue ) you can navigate to either America , which breaks down to state and local laws or the world , broken down to countries . A few examples of what must be hundreds .

Link at bottom .

First of all . England .

All English males over the age 14 are to carry out 2 or so hours of longbow practice a week supervised by the local clergy.

That law might have something to do with this .

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

Israel .

It is forbidden to bring bears to the beach.

Because Israel is so full of bears i guess .

Texas .

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

Huh , what the ....never mind .

Right down to Natchez Missouri .

It shall be unlawful to provide beer or other intoxicants to elephants.

Same problem as Israel except it is elephants i suppose .

Connecticut

In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.

Well just because .

Switzerland .

It is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 P.

Perhaps somehow related to this law .

A man may not relieve himself while standing up, after 10 P.

Link now below .

httpwww.dumblaws.comlaw1019

Enjoy . Let me know if you find your home town . No need to name it of course .

edit on 5-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: Fixed Quote Tags... Again

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
www.dumblaws.com...

Well that was rather disappointing , all that effort to make this flow and it is gone , at least the link is working .

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Don't be so hard on yourself. You did fine.

I always like seeing these laws pop up now and again. It reminds us how far we've come.

It also gives us a really good laugh.

Thanks for sharing!

ETA - That I fixed your quote tags.

edit on 4/5/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

That could be the problem as i added a few quotes while waiting . Next time . lol . WOW thank you .
edit on 5-4-2015 by hutch622 because: to add thank you .

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well my state was mentioned and not surprising as we have a different system than any other state in the union as well as some pretty stupid laws. And it flowed well...its a good thread and I enjoyed it !!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

It flows because Kanga fixed it . lol

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I am sure you did fine...better than any of my ugly attempts...just keep going and it becomes easier !

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

Bugger

I thought we were being too lenient with those pesky Welsh LOL, if serves me it's also legal to shoot a Scotsman in York with a bow and arrow...................just a sec I'll find it.

Dear City of York Council,

In York, excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a
Scotsman with a bow and arrow. As such, please tell me the number
of Scots who have been shot in the last ten years by those taking
advantaged of this law.

Yours faithfully,

Henry Shrimp

LINKY

Cody

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hutch your doing fine keep your head up it takes time to get the posting deal your doing a great job, now furthermore I have to say I have been shamed by Florida's stupidity...
reply to: hutch622

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal

I mean really.. has their been that person??

Penalty for horse theft is death by hanging.

What are we in the 1850's jeez I'LL lend you my horse just don't steal it cause well hang ya..

You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.

Umm scuse me what I do with my wife no law Will stop I mean unless it's in public then I understand this law but.... if not then this state is way off.

the MISSING link
edit on 5-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2015 by ATF1886 because: fixing post..

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Taken from the link

Doors of all public buildings must open outwards.

That's actually a very clever law, in the event of fire when everyone is trying to escape outward opening doors are a Godsend, imagine try to pull a door open to escape with 100's of people behind you

I think we have the same law here, if not we need it pronto

Cody

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
There's supposedly a law here in Maine stating that men over the age of 18 are required to carry a shotgun to church- to be prepared in the event of an attack from native americans.

A quick search will find it repeated everywhere, but I never did find a proper source.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Makes alot of sense thats a smart law for stupid people..a reply to: cody599

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
link to your missing info

Shotguns are required to be taken to church in the event of a Native American attack.

You may not step out of a plane in flight.

After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having yourChristmas decorations still up.

a reply to: lordcomac

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Kentucky

One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.

I guess we feel safer if more than one duckling has the blues.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Tennessee:

You can’t shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.

We're absolutely overrun with them, you know, and they're too dangerous to shoot while standing outside.

Stealing a horse is punishible by hanging.

hmmmm...

More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.

This one leaves me speechless.

LOL

J
edit on 4/5/2015 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/5/2015 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
LOL in Ohio it' is illegal to get a fish drunk.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I suppose i should have stated that in some cases these laws might have been repealed or even never on the books at all .However if you were to search down to a local level i guess anything is possible .

A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.

I tried to verify this law and to be honest it was near impossible . Below is as close as i could get to a remotely verifiable answer . "The rule of thumb" thing has no real legal definition . Another site quoyed the wife beating law was overridden with domestic violence laws .

An interesting aspect of researching this particular "law" is that I first asked a criminal law professor if he had ever heard it. He said "Of course. My criminal law professor told us that this legal concept dates back hundreds of years and is usually known as the"rule of thumb

So i guess i am saying is if you really want to have sex with a porcupine (above ) research the law , you might get lucky , or , as i tend to suspect , very very unlucky . Nearly forgot , dont forget a condom and pick a good looking one .

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
LOL in Ohio it' is illegal to get a fish drunk.

And in Tennesse its illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.

Shoot! I'd give someone a big ole medal if they could catch a fish that way. I'd wanna be sure to be there cause you know we'd need a video of it

J

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There's a law on the books in Ontario, Canada....at least in Fergus.....that says a woman can walk around in public......topless........

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: moonweed

There's a law on the books in Ontario, Canada....at least in Fergus.....that says a woman can walk around in public......topless........

At first i wondered why this would be considered a dumb law . For instance if your town was filled with Jennifer Lawrence lookalikes , well what could possibly be wrong with that . Now if your grandmother was to visit , well , enough said .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join