It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you SURE you really really want to get into it with Russia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I hear back and forth,we should go ahead and fight Russia,no don't do that.We have the weapons,no we don't.Etc. I know that we DO have some very nice weapons at our disposal,but Russia hasn't been sitting on their butts either. Remember,they went into space before we did.Us going to the moon was just a pissing contest between the 2 countries.Things have been building up over there and I have heard that even our top brass were taken back by some of things the Russians are building. Either way,this is something to give you pause before you go jumping into a war with a nuclear country.

graphics.latimes.com...

I think that a lot (not all for sure) of our steroid infused aggression is just bluff and bravado,that is misplaced. We need to take a REALISTIC assessment of our abilities,and cut the nonsense,before we even THINK of getting into it with another country.Otherwise we will end up with another Vietnam on our hands with us looking like fools as we pull out,and thats if they let us.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No the fools will be the Russian Federation.

They threaten the Order of the World and for that war is inevitable.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

'Vietnam" wouldn't happen between USA and Russia.

We both have an end game and it won't be nice for anyone.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Its more of the usual.. idiot kids thinking they have the biggest **** and talking rubbish .. been going on for centuries .. meh .. theyll either grow up or wipe each other out one day .. till then we all have to put up with their antics ...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

We don't have an impervious defense against nuclear attacks. That's what your article says. Not sure what that has to do with anything. The US military is significantly stronger than Russia's. I don't know why you are confusing conventional war with nuclear attacks.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

We don't have an impervious defense against nuclear attacks. That's what your article says. Not sure what that has to do with anything. The US military is significantly stronger than Russia's. I don't know why you are confusing conventional war with nuclear attacks.

Well war is war though and its not as if psychopaths losing a war won't go all out.

War is about strategy. Russia is in the same elite pool of military strategy as the us, Britain, and France and to a lesser extent China.

Any one of those countries has the technology to do serious damage but only the US, China, and Russia are big enough to destroy each other alone.

We have more equipment probably most likely higher quality but that alone doesn't win wars. Germany had far superior technology than Russian and beat them by strategy, toughness, and will. The deficit of technology between Germany and Russia in WW2 was massive much bigger than what the us and Russia compare to today.

If the US and Russia go to war it wont be by the book or conventional. It will be the end for all of us.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
If the US and Russia go to war it wont be by the book or conventional. It will be the end for all of us.

The problem was the OP was mixing conventional and nuclear war. They are not the same. Their logical fallacy was Russia can probably do lots of damage using nuclear weapons, therefore their conventional military is great.

The problem comparing Germany/Russia to US/Russia is they had easy access to attack Germany by land with overwhelming numbers. They have no way to get their troops to the US.

That argument is false.
edit on 5-4-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The problem was the OP was mixing conventional and nuclear war. They are not the same. Their logical fallacy was Russia can probably do lots of damage using nuclear weapons, therefore their conventional military is great.

The problem comparing Germany/Russia to US/Russia is they had easy access to attack Germany by land with overwhelming numbers. They have no way to get their troops to the US.

That argument is false.

First off they don't need to get their troops here. They have the largest icbm stock in the world as well as some of the most sophisticated war heads and boosters (as we buy all our solid state boosters from them too). They also have the farthest reaching warheads.

Second they don't need to come here because they wouldn't start the war. Its the US and NATO in their neck of the woods. And they have the home field advantage there.

The general Russian public is also much more used to hardship and can handle things like market crashes without complete civil unrest.

We have plenty of gear but unless we phased the entire country with some sort of new weapon we would only instigate the end of the world as thousands of nukes fly towards the us and allies.

There is also no telling who or what has been smuggled into the us seeing as you can drive uhauls of drugs and people over the boarder and Mexico is as corrupt as they come.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

First off they don't need to get their troops here. They have the largest icbm stock in the world as well as some of the most sophisticated war heads and boosters (as we buy all our solid state boosters from them too). They also have the farthest reaching warheads.

Same logical fallacy as OP. You talk about Russia winning a conventional war with Germany due to superior numbers, so they can maybe do the same to the US and win a conventional war ... with nuclear weapons.

Logical fallacy.

Second they don't need to come here because they wouldn't start the war. Its the US and NATO in their neck of the woods. And they have the home field advantage there.

If they never attack the US that gives the US all the time in the world to pick their defenses apart. Defense is important, but if your offensive capabilities are nil, you will lose, every time.

The general Russian public is also much more used to hardship and can handle things like market crashes without complete civil unrest.

Which has nothing to do with the OP's military capabilities.

We have plenty of gear but unless we phased the entire country with some sort of new weapon we would only instigate the end of the world as thousands of nukes fly towards the us and allies.

Why are people still talking about nukes when the discussion is about conventional military capabilities. If the OP wants to make a post that the US and Russia can destroy the world with nuclear weapons they can make that post.

There is also no telling who or what has been smuggled into the us seeing as you can drive uhauls of drugs and people over the boarder and Mexico is as corrupt as they come.

And that somehow gives them stealth tanks or something?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Nah, I'm not sure we want to get into with the russkis. But I'm damn sure them boys don't want to get into it with us. Furthermore # them and the horse they road in on. All I've got to say to Russia is, there ain't nothing but air and opportunity.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
WE own conventional conflict, the Russians, man for man, SUCK in comparison in that regard compared to American units.
medium.com...
We don't want war with anyone at all but if the KGB Col thinks he can just ROLL in and start eating up soverign countries, I beg to differ.
edit on 5-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Reply to your Thread Topic: Yes.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
! I DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT THE RUSSIAN PEOPLE !

Second.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

Meh its a baiting hot topic why reply?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
War game it, wow....doesn't go well for Russia and her "allies", lol.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'm almost completely against war, only believing in self defense. And until Russia invades my neighborhood and/or threatens my family, I'm not concerned with them. I've got more important things to do than die over lines drawn on a map or fight to secure some no-bid contract for Halliburton.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
! I DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT THE RUSSIAN PEOPLE !

Second.

Nor do I. Few do. Most who don't like "Russia" refer to Putin and the government.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You won't have to worry about it because just like with WWII we are trying to use Europe again as the proxy for our money making ventures. We damn sure don't want the Russians coming here nor do I think we could go all the way there with the eventuality of winning a war in Russia with our ground troops.

A US draft would go over like a lead balloon and we just don't have
enough ground troops to do it ever because we are spread too thin around the rest of the globe. It is a fact that USSR kicked Germanys ass and the US didn't show up 'til it was already in the bag. So all the US flag waiving isn't really accurate regarding the Russians. The neocons plan is only to make money while draining others of theirs with the end result being a maintained US global hegemony.

Much like Rome, I believe US history will eventually repeat itself if we choose to be ignorant and blind with hegemonic hubris. I find it interesting that despite all the propaganda out there so few people in the US are aware of the speech Putin gave in Socchi last October. He declared that unlike the US and its quest for being a global empire Russia wants to have prosperous partnerships with many of the world's nations. That is exactly what scares the crap out of the insane neocons. We like partnerships that WE control arbitrarily. I believe the neocons are so hell bent on maintaing global hedgemony that they'll easily throw out the baby with the bathwater. Hell, we've been doing a great job of it already in the mideast. Its not a secret that we have Victoria Nuland doing the neocon bidding (and screwing in the backside) of the Ukrainian people to control our hegemony. Anyone who denies it is a liar.

Putin isn't worried about a world war that he doesn't need to start. He may be worried about being dragged into one though as those who really are honest about what is happening globally are aware. Given enough time this fascist oligarchy we have going here will eventually come to a head. Nobody wins nuclear. Even Israel knows that and that is why Iran has been two years away from nukes for about thirty years. Its all about the hegemony and absolutely nothing else. Others can just sit back and watch us slowly fall apart unless our neocons are truly willing to destroy the Earth by going nuclear. This subject doen't even include the possibility of China partnering with Russia if its the only hope for them to recover some of our debt to them when the war is over and they are dividing the US territory between themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You don't think that if one side either feels its losing,or wants to save lives of its forces,that they won't hit the button? We did it to end WW2 didn't we? I think that could very well happen again.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

They could have no military at all and still push the button. What does that have to do with conventional military capabilities, which is what your thread is about?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join