It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you SURE you really really want to get into it with Russia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The CRUX of the issue with the American government and its foreign policies..medium.com...-us-into-another-881b78cf5ea

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The question asked was answered sarcastically in part. That does not mean my answer is no, or of indifference, just quite simply, yes.

America and Russia never got out of "it". Do I want people to die? No. Do I want resolution with Russia? Yes. By war? No, but if called out?, yes.

My answer is based upon my belief that the hatchet is still fresh and won't be buried anytime soon, but for in each other's backs. Sometimes the circumstances lead to unavoidable conflict, and in the face of conflict with Russia we better be prepared to "walk the walk" after having talked the talk. At the end of the day, yes or no is the only honest answers, this situation between Russia and the U.S. is not in between. There is always an opportunity to say no, lay down...for now, our answer should be a resounding clear yes or no...I choose yes.

edit on 6-4-2015 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: luthier
Germany had far superior technology than Russian and beat them by strategy, toughness, and will.

That is not true. German technological mastery is simply a myth.

True, technology of Allies was often equal or superior (T34 & radar), except for the V-2, which was militarily insignificant, and the U-boats, which were very significant.

I believe the idea came from the period before say 1941, from mid 30's to around then the Axis did have technological military superiority. But they wakened some sleeping giants and filled them with a terrible resolve.

Russian technology defeated Germany at Kursk and thus Germany lost the war due to Russias technological edge.

Also the Ilyushin IL2.
edit on 7-4-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

EDIT TO ADD:
I am more worried about silent China than dumbass loud mouth Russia. Now that is a worthy oponent.

No kidding.

Politically (partially), economically, scientifically and militarily, China is doing everything right. (for their own interests).

Russia is doing almost everything wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

If Hitler had gotten those Jets out instead of the Focke Wulf they might have whipped it out,IN THE AIR at least,also the STG44 instead of turn bolt Mausers.
His mind was our best weapon against Germany.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Dimithae

We don't have an impervious defense against nuclear attacks. That's what your article says. Not sure what that has to do with anything. The US military is significantly stronger than Russia's. I don't know why you are confusing conventional war with nuclear attacks.

Most if not all of out missle defense is based on shooting down
a missile with a ballistic trajectory.

In Layman's terms means its a nice clean arc predictable by a
trig/calc equation.

But Russia took the step to create non bllastic trajectory MIRVs.

So not good for the US missile defense system.

Then there is the Stealth Nuclear Cruise Missile the KH-55
and its variants.

KH-55 Stealth Nuclear Cruise Missile

The upgrade came with KH-102 to stealth.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

either has the capability to launch an assault on the US mainland

So what you are saying is the Chinese port at Long Beach and City of Industry
cannot unload cargo containers with equipment on US soil ???

I find that very interesting, and wrong...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
If the US and Russia go to war it wont be by the book or conventional. It will be the end for all of us.

The problem was the OP was mixing conventional and nuclear war. They are not the same. Their logical fallacy was Russia can probably do lots of damage using nuclear weapons, therefore their conventional military is great.

The problem comparing Germany/Russia to US/Russia is they had easy access to attack Germany by land with overwhelming numbers. They have no way to get their troops to the US.

That argument is false.

Its funny how many people forget those two Chinese ports
in California, the port of Long Beach and City of Industry.

All they need to is ship it all over in cargo containers.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
On the 3 of september Russia shot Down two US ballistic missiles that were heading towards the Syrian coast.

aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk...

If People have doubts about the Russians capability they should look into this story. It is a very interesting read at least.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

They shot down 2 ballistic missiles that no one else has any knowledge were fired? They were fired from Spain to Damascus? Did you even read the article? It's clearly made up crap. Ballistic missiles were never fired at Damascus, that's hilarious. Why would they be US missiles if they were fired from Spain? Clear propaganda BS.
edit on 7-4-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Not to mention that although Spain is a close ally of the US, they are part of the EU and as such cant ALLOW for US missile systems to be used outside of war without PERMISSION from the EU. That is, the US would need to ask the EU and Spain if its ok to fire them if there is no state of declared war.

France and Germany would not allow that mess. I highly doubt its true.

The US cant just fire missiles that could be perceived as being fired BY the EU without giving them a heads up.

Also, WHY do we need to fire missiles from Spain when we have battlegroups everywhere in the world that fire cheaper missiles than intercontinental ballistic missiles and do the same job?

Unless the argument is that we fired nukes at Damascus. Thats retarded.

If they wanted to set off a nuke there they could literally just walk one in and set it off. Its not like the borders are secure.

edit on 4 7 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

They shot down 2 ballistic missiles that no one else has any knowledge were fired? They were fired from Spain to Damascus? Did you even read the article? It's clearly made up crap. Ballistic missiles were never fired at Damascus, that's hilarious. Why would they be US missiles if they were fired from Spain? Clear propaganda BS.

The made up crap is that it never happened. Do you get it???

Did you read the Russian respond to the US?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I read someone on the internet claimed the US launched 2 ICBM's from SPAIN to Damascus. It's a complete fabrication. It never happened. It's a lie.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I am no war strategist but I do have some worries about fighting the bear.

A lot of our tech is highly dependent on satelites and if the balloon ever were to go up satellites will be the first to go. I do claim a fair amount of ignorance on the matter but wouldnt that level the playing field considerably?

I mean, evennthe Chinese have the capability to "bore sight" a sattelite and take it down.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
I am no war strategist but I do have some worries about fighting the bear.

A lot of our tech is highly dependent on satelites and if the balloon ever were to go up satellites will be the first to go. I do claim a fair amount of ignorance on the matter but wouldnt that level the playing field considerably?

I mean, evennthe Chinese have the capability to "bore sight" a sattelite and take it down.

It's easy to hit a sitting target. No reason to suggest military satellites won't have defenses.

They have no navy, other than nukes, what can Russia attack the US with?
edit on 7-4-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well I claim a bit of ignorance but Russia really does not have to invade or project power. All they have to do is blind our forces and set the conditions for the US to implode from within. I would wager that the Russian populace are far more prepared to lose all thier toys than US citizens who would riot if they lost theirs.

Any scenario wouldnt be pretty and admittedly these types of debates are more mental masturbation than anything. I do worrry about pride and arrogance proceeding a fall.

Regardless I really hope mankind will never experience the heavyweights fight outside of proxy wars.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join