It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PEACEOLOGY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I SUMMON ALL YOU GREAT PHILOSOPHERS, THINKERS, and SPIRITUALS ON ATS TO CHECK THIS OUT…

This morning watching a movie, and also mentating on the horrors of what happened in Kenya and then taking part in this thread I got the idea
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why not a science of peace called Peaceology

Why is not in our universities this thing we call peace ever studied?

I say lets start a science ourselves then…

Lest call it PEACEOLOGY

Make up a curriculum and DEMAND it be in the schools of the earth

It will study the exact origins of violence and wars with the idea of eliminating the causes of war

It will put immoral jackassess like George Bush, Dick Cheney and Bin Laden, Hitler, under the microscope of analysis and make us conscious of the mentalities that cause war in the earth

Of course they’ll never do it because the world wants war!

For whatever reason humans have devolved to some kind of sadistic yearning for war

That has to be studied first

Lets get some ideas on how to initiate this new science in our world conversation

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The underlying cause of the turmoil in the world is our corrupt banking system.

Getting rid of the corrupt private banking interests on a global scale would go a long way in promoting peace.

I know....I can dream cant I?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sounds like the kind of thing that would benefit by supporting the proposed department of peace.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

👣

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

LMAO.

I guess you should take the first course offered. You certainly post like you need a little 'peaceology' yourself.

Besides we've had it for decades. They're called doobies. That'll chill your war-like head....

edit on 4-4-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Good Morning

Actually, Peace Studies, is a major in several Universities as is Restoritive Justice, an offshoot. Denis Kucinich has proposed along with others a Department of Peace to balance the various Departments of Violence (I'll let you figure that out).

I think it's a brilliant idea and I think the time is now. It's been coming since the sixities but just now hitting people's chnscienceness.

Most regressives think it's silly, but my own experience has taught me that as long as you are 'fighting' everyone and everything, life sucks and when you 'stop' fighting and start 'listening' and open your heart miracles are possible.

Great idea....

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Good idea....Then that could be in the curriculum

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Department of peace is a good idea though it has to be, imo, non governmental

Sort of like the fed

Of course not like the fed literally but as anon governmental org.

I know for a fact many politicians would oppose this

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Rather than concentrate on "peaceism", why not eliminate the possibility of the natural conflict it would cause in the inevitable arguments by concentrating on points in history that don't revolve around war.

You are basically trying to put into the limelight the exact thing you don't like.

For example, each historical date taught in history that pertains to a start and/or end date of a conflict or something relative.....why not push to replace those dates with everything else that happened on that date to steer people away from war and into everyday life which applies so much more to the here and now.

For example:

Adolf Hitler was sworn in by German President Paul von Hindenburg as Chancellor of Germany.
BUT
The Lone Ranger made its debut on United States radio, originally as a program on station WXYZ in Detroit.

There are a myriad of things that could be substituted for warmonger dates, we just have to convince those who organise the curriculums to think outside the box and be more positive towards the growing minds they are responsible for.

Peace
edit on 4/4/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I like it!

Lets start in early childhood...

- Teach them how to be polite. Using Thank You, excuse me, basic respect.

Upper Grades...

- Respecting the elderly and those in Authority. Give your seat to the elderly, open doors, don't talk back etc...

- Basic Morality. Killing or choosing a life of crime is wrong.

-Negotiating skills. Don't interrupt, be diplomatic, don't lose your cool and learn to give and take.

-Respect cultural differences.

-Don't interfere in a countries internal conflicts, let their citizens settle it.

-Don't push your ideology upon another country's political system.

-A countries military is only used to defend a direct attack on it's homeland.

-Initiate a goal for a world summit among leaders of all nations just to get to know each other on a personal level, enjoy
some entertainment, and have a few beers.

I think starting with basic morality with the individual is a foundation for a science of peace.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good concept. .. many gaps..

But I like it.

Work on it

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I don't really get what you're saying?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

That’s taught in all religions somewhat…and it obviously doesn’t work

I mean an academic analysis by “experts”

This at least will make people conscious of the etiology of war and maybe a htoery on how to avoid it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Department of peace is a good idea though it has to be, imo, non governmental

Sort of like the fed

Of course not like the fed literally but as anon governmental org.

I know for a fact many politicians would oppose this

It's an idea worth considering, but there are plenty of 'Peace' NGOs. I think the idea of a Department of Peace, in the structure of the US Government, is to 'officialize' the concept of Peace and begin to use Peace in our activities at home and abroad.

You must admit that the US approach to everything, at all levels, is an adversarial one (from all the ********* lawyers). It isn't productive (I call it bully management).

By first just acknowlegding that there is another approach to problems, people can begin to seek how a peaceful or non-combatant approach can and will work on many, if not all, problems. People need to see new behaviors and attitudes used and experience their power themselves. It's more then 'negotiation' is a whole new attitude and strength, as Denis Kucinich said "Strength through Preace".

I had to learn this over many years. I was an Army Brat and grew up in a militarized world. My father, a silver and bronze star combat officer in WWII and Korea, later embraced a non-violent managment style and taught it. My father was very sucessful after retirement but died young and I didn't learn all that I could from him. I continued to bully and fight and manipulate through life to get what 'I' wanted and make people do want 'I' thought they should. Once I realized that I was always fighting people and life and loosing (and it took a lot) I began to stop. Now I listen, show-up, say my piece, am present and viola - things go much more to my liking and I'm healthier.

I think it's is particularly hard for women, who often think 'they are helping others', we tend not to see how we are attempting to 'control' and dominate others. This was (and can still be) really hard for me to see.

When you only have one tool (bullying and force) to solve problems, you are severly limited in your actions and - and not in control.

It works individually and in groups but does require (as do all good practises) study and practise.

Great topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Who knew you were such a radical!

Your list would go a long way towards the OP goal.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

a reply to: nerbot

I don't really get what you're saying?

The opposite of war is peace, the subject is basically the same. I'm advocating a sidestep to eliminate both.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I wanted to add, after reading another thread on police killings, that it starts at 'not feeling attacked all the time'.

It took me a long time to not ascribe (imagine) an agressive motive to certain behaviors by others such as being (what I thought was) critical, asking for just about anything, any (any at all, LOL) being told what to do, being in my way, etc. I was certain 'they' were doing it on purpose to piss me off and it just wasn't true.

The feeling (you know the feeling) still hits me when people do those things, but I know that I don't know what they are thinking or their motives most times and I slow down and relax and I have 'control' over how I respond. Many times these things are very reasonable and I'm happy to comply and when they are not, I can often respond (rather then react) in a fashion that's beneficial to all parties. It all starts with slowing down rather then speeding up, listening to others and yourself.

There are plenty of self-centered dick-heads in the world (they don't know any better - I really don't think they choose this approach to life in most cases) and nothing works better at deflating them then to not battle them.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That’s taught in all religions somewhat…and it obviously doesn’t work

I mean an academic analysis by “experts”

All I know, is it worked for me. I attended a private catholic school at an early age and we were taught a lot of the things I mentioned. Even growing up, my mother made me practice how to respect the elderly. She would tell me if I was sitting in a crowded waiting room, to get up and let an older person take my seat, or open doors for them. Respect was ingrained in me at a very young age.

Today's, kids are losing all aspects of morality because they're being bombarded with violence and immorality in the media. Humanity is losing their dignity, and respect for their fellow man. The world can't live in peace unless we're taught respect, compassion, consideration, and that violence does not solve our differences. It starts with the man in the mirror. If you're never taught how to act or create peace around you, it will never take hold.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I like it!

Lets start in early childhood...

- Teach them how to be polite. Using Thank You, excuse me, basic respect.

Yes, teaching life skills in school is a must. However, learning begins (and ends at home) and children learn from how the adults ACT on a daily basis. This is especially true for their parents and begins at birth (even before - a mothers state has much effect). Teachers and other care-givers need to model peaceful behavior and speech.

As a child enters school they also need to be encouraged to model respectful and skillful actions for the benefit of others as well as themselves.

Today, you can model the behavior you'd like to have and see others have.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64

Good idea....Then that could be in the curriculum

Take a look at the Waldorf/Steiner School curriculum for a great starting place:

www.whywaldorfworks.org...

The basic mission statement of the Waldorf schools:

"Receive the children in reverence, Educate them in love, And send them forth in freedom. Dr. Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am against adding "ology" to a word to make it sound more important. IE- mixology..... You're a freaking bartender!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join