It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The souls of those who went before: where do they go?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Before I start this discussion I would like to state that I am an agnostic ( raised in a very strict Christian belief but who no longer adheres to there definition of God or religious teachings). My own beliefs does differ from the those held by main stream religions and has a more paganism view.

The question I would like to ask stems from history. Throughout school I was taught that our forebears in every country worshipped many other God's before the onset of Christianity (some performing human sacrifices). So here is the conundrum, if they were so devote in there beliefs what happened to there souls when they passed on if there gods did not exist and there is only one true god which they have never heard of?

I am asking this question not to cause discourse but in the intent of discussion in a civil and adult manner.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: thepitpony

Have you considered the possiblity of reincarnation. That belief resolves a lot of 'religious' contradictions.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Imo, they are still around, somewhere. People report seeing them from time to time, myself included.

People need huge rockets to escape earth gravity. Not sure what soul power is capable of in that regard.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Some say they pass on to a place called paradise that isn't the promised Heaven that will come with Christ's second coming, but is another spiritual place. Others say they simply sleep and await that Resurrection.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Not sold on reincarnation to be honest, the fact that that humanity is increasing in population raises the question (to me) where do all the new souls come from? I am more of a bi liver that when we move on we become part of the universe, our atoms becoming constructive blocks for other aspects (environment, stars ,galaxy's ) and so part of us is immortal.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is part of a the conundrum. Would a devote priest worshipping a god (who had no awareness of the Christian god) who ripped out humans hearts be welcome in heaven?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepitpony
a reply to: FyreByrd
Not sold on reincarnation to be honest, the fact that that humanity is increasing in population raises the question (to me) where do all the new souls come from? I am more of a bi liver that when we move on we become part of the universe, our atoms becoming constructive blocks for other aspects (environment, stars ,galaxy's ) and so part of us is immortal.

A reincarnation system doesn't require that all souls have to be incarnate at all times. Add to that other worlds in which we may inhabit. Also, time on the other side doesn't exactly feel like time on this side so waiting a few thousand years for a vessel wouldn't necessarily have to be boring.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

what happened to there souls when they passed on if there gods did not exist and there is only one true god which they have never heard of?

The question cannot be knowingly answered except by the individuals belief. In other words It is a matter of what you want to believe.
Every known religion has their own theology and even among Christianity there are so many different mixes of denominational doctrines that it becomes mind boggling to say the least. My own belief is not in a denomination but in the Eth Cepher which includes both Hebrew and Greek testaments. My own belief is through the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So here is the conundrum, if they were so devote in there beliefs what happened to there souls when they passed on if there gods did not exist and there is only one true god which they have never heard of?
Im thinking God, or as I call it, Divine Creator, is not going to hold it against you if you are mislead in life. Im fairly certain if you have done the best you can no matter what your desire was, with what you had to do it with, he is okay with that. Being honest with yourself I suppose, is a biggie with him.

For me, I believe in the Divine Creator, creator of heaven and earth, and of the Angels, and all the rest is debatable

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Tree of life produced all the souls which fell into Guf, souls are restored there and delivered to newborns till Guf is empty. When person dies soul goes either paradise or underworld.
When Guf is empty end will come.
This is jewish belief and Jesus was jewish Rabbi.
I first stumled to this when watching the seventh sign.
edit on 28-3-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2015 by dollukka because: tablet ... typos

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I believe the soul returns to where it/we came from ... that this life is transitory ...

We are concious through thought ... Thought itself is the link to Intelligence ... yet we are not even our thoughts ... We simply use thought ... have a choice of what thoughts to act upon or not ...

Human Beings do not have the Intelligence to make a star for example ... A Higher Intelligence does ... the nature of the Universe is the nature of the Creator ... The source from which it sprang ...

This is a little of what I believe ...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I see religious denominations as a human construct and, thereby, subject to all the weaknesses and failings of humans in general. If we believe in a grand architect behind all we perceive we should also consider what that architect's 'denomination' might be. If all are created equal then it doesn't matter what belief or lack of belief we adhere to as we're just being human as what's important is how we treat our fellow humans, regardless of colour or creed.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Their is no material reality , everything we perceive as solid matter is just that, how we perceive it. The reality is that our senses are building a reality within our own mind . The reality must flow with linear time and for the most part has to be agreed as real by other individuals. So what we are experiencing is a dream, just the same as when we put this reality to bed at night, we dream another. When we die we dream another. When our consciousness is fully involved we are there.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Reincarnation, and the concept of the spirit does not rely on any religious foundation.
It may be a fundamental part of life that we are not yet capable of understanding, except for a very few of us.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepitpony
Before I start this discussion I would like to state that I am an agnostic ( raised in a very strict Christian belief but who no longer adheres to there definition of God or religious teachings). My own beliefs does differ from the those held by main stream religions and has a more paganism view.

The question I would like to ask stems from history. Throughout school I was taught that our forebears in every country worshipped many other God's before the onset of Christianity (some performing human sacrifices). So here is the conundrum, if they were so devote in there beliefs what happened to there souls when they passed on if there gods did not exist and there is only one true god which they have never heard of?

I am asking this question not to cause discourse but in the intent of discussion in a civil and adult manner.

Confused, I thought you said you didn't adhere to strict Christian beliefs? I'd imagine their souls go to the same place where everyone's goes...regardless of religion. Because god after all, I'd imagine, isn't as fickle as most religious individuals are.
edit on 28-3-2015 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Hi there. From a strictly Christian perspective, there are mainly 2 different interpretations:

1) They haven't gone anywhere, and they are dead. They will be resurrected on the day of judgement and judged on the contents of their hearts like the rest of us

2) They were in Hell, but while Christ was dead, he descended to hell and took the keys to hades from Satan and liberated all the souls who were there

I tend to lean to the first interpretation based on how the gospel speaks about death and the resurrection, as well as this:

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

ETA:

The above scripture is especially important because it not only speaks about gentiles who hadn't yet heard about Christ in Paul's day, it also speaks to those people who would come after, that might not have heard the gospel.

Essentially, what this establishes is that there is a judgement on our hearts, and that those that have not had the opportunity to accept Christ will be judged accordingly.
edit on 28-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Jesus went to "hell" between his death and resurrection, to release those who belonged to him. Before Jesus and modern Christianity, everyone (Jews) assumed you'd go to hades/sheol after death. If I'm not mistaken: jakob or another patriarch was sure he'd meet his children there! It's closely related to Abrahams blossom. It was/is some sort of waiting zone, with Abrahams blossom on the one side (for the believers) and hades/sheol on the other. There's a , probably symbolical, gap between the two which can't be bridged.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Is this a question posed to those of the Christian faith? Or other faiths too..?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Is this a question posed to those of the Christian faith? Or other faiths too..?

Others who don't seem to be Christian have given their opinions. Why can't you?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When we are "alive" we are part of the whole. When we are "dead" we are part of the whole. If you were to step out of the whole and view the entire portrait as a whole, you'd be like: "Duh"

Matter is neither created nor destroyed, it is simply converted. Which consequently can be converted back.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join