It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The souls of those who went before: where do they go?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Okay
, here goes...

originally posted by: thepitpony
Before I start this discussion I would like to state that I am an agnostic ( raised in a very strict Christian belief but who no longer adheres to there definition of God or religious teachings). My own beliefs does differ from the those held by main stream religions and has a more paganism view.

The question I would like to ask stems from history. Throughout school I was taught that our forebears in every country worshipped many other God's before the onset of Christianity (some performing human sacrifices). So here is the conundrum, if they were so devote in there beliefs what happened to there souls when they passed on if there gods did not exist and there is only one true god which they have never heard of?

I am asking this question not to cause discourse but in the intent of discussion in a civil and adult manner.

From my own understanding, of course Google is your friend, in the Islamic religion it is believed that Islam (monotheism) existed from time immemorial. This means that the concept of submission to the one and only god was there since man set foot on earth.

Muslims also believe that Judaism and Christianity are also revelations of Islam, i.e. that the one and only god had sent down different revelations through numerous messengers since the beginning of mankind, with Adam (the first human on earth) being the first of those messengers and passing on knowledge of Islam (peaceful submission to the one and only god) to his children. Each revelation was basically a moral concept that continually grew in complexity due to mankind progressing in societal structure and taking on new struggles and challenges.

Therefore to answer your question, many of those human beings who existed before the recognition of Islam, Judaism and Christianity as a religion will have been judged in the same way as we are judged today, they simply followed a different set of rules that revolved around the same moral concepts. With offering gratitude to god by acknowledging him as the one and only creator of all things and the sustainer of life, offering charity to fellow humans and not killing others as being the earliest, and most central of these moral concepts.

Islam is a way of life, that Muslims believe was followed since the very first human being.

Forgive me for any offenses in my response to those of other faiths, I am merely putting forward what the islamic faith teaches.
edit on 28-3-2015 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So here is the conundrum, if they were so devote in there beliefs what happened to there souls when they passed on if there gods did not exist and there is only one true god which they have never heard of?

To me, there is only one GOD and his / her LOVE is eternally unconditional. No matter what. Your characters would have no trouble. LOVE.
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Thanks for your informative post re Islam ... I do not follow any religion but am interested in them non the less

My only disagreement with your post is this ...

We are our own judge ... in that when we pass over we are aware of our failings and also our accord ... I think death is like waking from a dream ... when we understand and see more clearly ... this is not to say there is not a hierarchy of souls ... for we evolve by our understanding ... to me the messengers you speak of are highly evolved souls
edit on 28-3-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thepitpony

The universe is so vast that every human being that ever lived would disappear into it without trace, then there are the dimensional considerations, even if they are still on earth but in another dimension the law's of that dimension since they are non physical in the usual sense of the word may mean that they have a virtual limitless amount of space, in theory.

I have been out of my body, against my will as a young adolescent and flew so fast (I was unable to turn like someone else had hold of me) that is unbelievable, it was night time as I flew over a jungle that I believe was in south America and yet I could see the detail below me, even the leaves on the trees.

I flew down into a roughly constructed shack that seemed to serve as a bar, one part was a smaller shack with a floor that had one wall removes and a larger walled and roofed section with a dirt floor in which chairs and tables made of wood had been placed, the floored section had the bar and also served as a stage on which a young person was dancing.

I resisted but could not turn right or left, up or down or stop myself as I flew into the crown of her head, I was her in that I felt her sensation's, her giddiness from drink or drug, I could not read her mind though and never tried, she was told to do something I will not get into but it was distressing to her and to me, I in her pain took control of her body and pushed a large person off, I shouted in English out her mouth and I think I must have manifested as the face of that guy went white and he looked terrified as I shouted "NO", most of the men siting in that bar were rough, sweaty dirty and looked unkempt Portuguese or Spanish but mixed except this one I think in hindsight may have been there foreman, he was very fat in a shirt and pant's open at the front, balding with a round face pale skinned and sweating profusely.

It looked like a loggers camp or one of those shanty villages you see in the amazon today and she looked like a native girl, a once piece poncho like homespun with a black pattern on the hem and a rope for a belt, barefoot, long black hair, maybe between nine and eleven years and dark bronze native skin colour.

Suddenly I was released and it was like an elastic band stretched far to far but that had not broken as I flew back into my body and dived out of the bed in horror shivering and shouting "NO", I was 14 years of age at the time and that was in 1984.

The poor girl may have been only about 9 and she looked Mesoamerican.

I can not give you my experience or the horror and confusion it inflicted on my adolescent male mind but I can tell you that we are not simply these body's, the brain though it is our home while we live and far more than clothing may be more like an interface to which we are tied while we form than a quantum computer as some have suggested, still like a quantum computer but more of a quantum field interface to the soul or the spirit.

Like I say I did not choose to go there and felt a malevolence holding me and moving me against my will to that place, so there are others and no they are not all lovey dovey and kind, in fact some of them are nothing but stinking criminals who attack the living, I assume though that since I believe that to be the case there must be others who act to protect or even to enforce law.

I am a Christian and have suffered much in my life including a possible breakdown caused by some of the less than normal experiences I have endured.

All I can say is that as I got close to the crown of her head I felt very small and simply flew into it before engaging her senses and virtually becoming her, though I was not in control until the trauma both shocked her and me enough for me to wake up in her.

edit on 28-3-2015 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have no idea what happens after we die.
Anyone who says they do are either lying or deluded.
I try to live like this miraculous event we call "a life" is all I get.
If there is a God and an afterlife, I like to imagine that I will be judged as not deserving to roast in a lake of fire for eternity.
I am comfortable with the idea that when we die it all just goes blank.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
we must have something in common or we wouldnt be here there are many other place for people like us to live in the universe, lots of variety some utopians and other places, this planet is challenging for every one not just those without special talents or abilities or intelligence and history, here its more a shorter time than other places ,

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd
Not sold on reincarnation to be honest, the fact that that humanity is increasing in population raises the question (to me) where do all the new souls come from? I am more of a bi liver that when we move on we become part of the universe, our atoms becoming constructive blocks for other aspects (environment, stars ,galaxy's ) and so part of us is immortal.

We ALL return from "Whence We came" ALL will make it, some sooner rather than later, back to Hunab Ku, who resides in The Octave. When You typed "humanity is increasing in population.." This is because We are getting further away from The Devine. We are not being 'present' in the NOW. Instead of Living/Loving in the NOW, many are worried about the 'future' or cannot compute because of the 'past'..

I've asked in some threads Myself when I read that "the only way to Heaven is through Jesus" I'd like to think that a Soul who strived their best, Loved their neighbor, etc. but didn't "believe" has a way better chance of "making it" than the thrice married Preacher who wears a $35k watch and lives in a $3M mansion while His 'flock' begs/borrows to make the rent...

You also have Souls who become "Stuck" Stuck between dimensions/planes of consciousness..

Some Churches/Religions talk about "going to the Light" at the time of 'passing' There are also a couple of Eastern Religions/Philosophies that discuss another visualization at passing and this is specifically to avoid getting "stuck" This also means "Stuck on the wheel of incarnation/re-incarnation.. What if 'the Light' is another birth canal for another re-boot? Wouldn't You want the option of choosing?

"Everybody wants to go to Heaven but nobody wants to die"

"Religion is for people afraid of Hell, "Spirituality" is for people who've already been.." -The Great Sioux Nation.

namaste

P.S. The Tao that can be told is NOT the Eternal Tao

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd
Not sold on reincarnation to be honest, the fact that that humanity is increasing in population raises the question (to me) where do all the new souls come from? I am more of a bi liver that when we move on we become part of the universe, our atoms becoming constructive blocks for other aspects (environment, stars ,galaxy's ) and so part of us is immortal.

LOL - and the animal population of the planet is declining. Spiritual evolution baby - you can go forward or back - your choices today will determine your next life.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

My deceased relatives are lining up to get close to me.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz

The belief in souls is held by many faiths other than Christianity, it is my own belief that our souls (or our life energy) is absorbed back into the universe and used in the creation of many other things (minerals, stars etc.) Like when a star goes super nova and it's remnants create more stars and planets.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Same place as the body, back to nature!!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The question is for those who have beliefs in a religion that necessities that the only way to salvation is through that religion and none other, Christianity is one of these faiths but there are others . I am curious to find (in a constructive and polite way) out what there teachings have regarding those who lived and worshiped other God's in times gone by (the Greeks, Romans, South American cultures), and what would happen to their souls if there beliefs were incorrect.

edit on 29-3-2015 by thepitpony because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

There is no offence to be taken and I thank you for input. The teachings I had when at Christian school differed from yours regarding those souls and instead of being judged for their actions they would have to spend eternity in purgatory (a kind of limbo, not hell but away from the presence of God). As I grew and explored my own spirituality I discovered that this was not held as a belief by other factions of that faith . Your response (and others) were what I hoped for and have given me information to further my own studies regarding my spiritual awareness, I have never heard of Tao for example and will be researching this also. Thank you to those who have opened my eyes to different avenues of spirtiual exploration.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This that is here now is the soul - it does not belong to anyone.
The soul is the source of all existence.
Nothing comes or goes really because all that is appearing is just like a kaleidoscope - it is just continually appearing different.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What do you think happens to You personally when you die ... does the conciousness that is part of you continue and experience things ... in another dimension / place

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

What do you think happens to You personally when you die ... does the conciousness that is part of you continue and experience things ... in another dimension / place

Consciousness is not a part of me.
Consciousness is all there is.

The separate 'me' is an illusion - there is nothing separate.

There is not a seer separate from the scene.
There is just what is and what is, is constantly appearing different.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

There is no other place or time - there is just what is appearing to happen.
Now is the placeless timeless place where the appearance appears to be changing.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Thanks for your replies ... Was interested to hear your thoughts

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I love it when this most basic of questions is opened up to a community, because you usually get a thousand and one different (and interesting) ideas about the "afterlife".

I'm a little Pagan myself, but I don't adhere to any particular notion, I simply believe what while others are looking to the skies for their imaginary being, I look to the Earth to see the living being which does actually support us and provide everything we need for Human existence.

That aside, I have a very analytical and scientific mind, and I am constantly drawn to the notion that our "spirit" returns to the Earth, just as our body does.

We operate using electrical impulses, and as we know energy never "dies" it is merely transferred from one form to another. Throughout the course of our existence we experience this energy flowing through us, it's constantly moving, so we're part of a system of energy which is always on the move.

I like to think of it as though we're all parts of a circuit board, with power running through us from one to another.

We also know that the Earth is somewhat cloaked in a sphere of such energy, with magnetic fields flowing through the Earth and looping outward before returning.

So, the question for me is not really where our souls go, the question for me is whether we have any awareness when this happens. Everything we are comprised of comes from the Earth, and returns to the Earth. It's baffling to me why we don't pursue the belief that the energy we're made of would do the same thing.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

So, the question for me is not really where our souls go, the question for me is whether we have any awareness when this happens. Everything we are comprised of comes from the Earth, and returns to the Earth. It's baffling to me why we don't pursue the belief that the energy we're made of would do the same thing.

The Earth and planets were formed by the Sun ... The Sun is a product of the Cosmos ...
True that we are made from the substances of Earth but also stardust ...
Where the energy came from is linked back to the source ... We are part of the Earth but also part of the energy that created the Universe ...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join