It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Legislature Passes Bill That Keeps Cops’ Names Secret After They Shoot Civilians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Didn't I recently read here on ATS the Feds recently purchased 30,000 guillotines?

Shooting us might just be a transitional thing.

I am damned surprised CA doesn't already do this....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

there isnt much i find unbelievable these days, however there are about 10000 more efficient ways to kill masses other than a guillotine
edit on 26-3-2015 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Did you miss the transitional wording in my post?

1. Why do we need 30,000 guillotines now stored at Fort Henry??

2. Remember the times we live in. How many Christians were recently beheaded by radical Islamists??

Transitional....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

If you're thinking about the guillotines I think you're referring to, that was a hoax. And are you trying to imply the US may have guillotines for the intent to behead Christians?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

No he means muslims. And no that is not going to happen.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I actually think that people who are charged with a crime shouldn't have their names plastered all over the media, cop or not.

Innocent until proven guilty, but the media puts a huge spin on things and it certainly seems anyone that catches the medias eye is vilified. If someone is charged with something and it's reported on, the majority already think they're guilty.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

if they can do no wrong why do they need to hide?

pretty much settles it for me
any state passing such laws better well keep their thugs away from me
Dim Mak will trump a gun anytime,

and leaves no evidence...
edit on 27-3-2015 by AdamuBureido because: ?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I actually think that people who are charged with a crime shouldn't have their names plastered all over the media, cop or not.

Innocent until proven guilty, but the media puts a huge spin on things and it certainly seems anyone that catches the medias eye is vilified. If someone is charged with something and it's reported on, the majority already think they're guilty.

that's how it is when YOU ALLOW double standards...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I find this type of legislature and secrecy very unsettling considering the times we live in. ...however I do feel that if implemented anon will probably take notice....im just sayin

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
with the social web and internet.....now a resource to spread hate or venom or false info...

I would suggest that names, (Anglicized at that)...should be kept close to the vest.... instead use the Officers Badge Number to keep race/ethnicity out of the equation until such time when Legal points are to be followed

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Addictinginfo.or g

If you want to see one of the best examples of George Orwell’s 1984, look no further than Arizona. The state’s Republican-led legislature has just passed SB 1445, a bill that seeks to protect the identities of police officers who shoot and kill civilians from public knowledge for up to 60 days. Keeping the identities of a government agents who kill a secret? That doesn’t sound fascist at all!

Apparently they are afraid of roaming mobs of citizens looking for justice if one of their officers shoots someone.

Even if the officer who perpetrates the shooting has a disciplinary record or faces disciplinary action as a result of the shooting, their name will not be released for 60 days.

The bill was sponsored by 12 legislators, eleven Republican and one Democrat. It passed the Senate 20-8 with 5 Democrats voting in favor and the House 44-13 with 12 Democrats voting in favor. It now awaits the signature of Governor Doug Ducey.

Even protecting the names of police who violate policy when it happened??!?!!

Sigh, so much for transparency, I hope other states do not follow.

I agree with this solution. It is not a permanent thing. But the innocent police who tragically have to shoot someone in legitimate self defense cases (THE MAJORITY OF CASES) should not have their lives ruined and reputations slandered like Darren Wilson did. I fully support this (though I am not an AZ resident). I for one in fact HOPE other states follow suit.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here is the "My ATS" cloud this morning:

US Political Madness

AZ Senator wants to make church attendance mandatory

Arizona Legislature Passes Bill That Keeps Cops’ Names Secret After They Shoot Civilians

They must be having some kind of a race or bet with the Texas legislature.

*jazz hands with eyeroll accompaniment*
edit on 3/28/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join