It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've finally figured out to use the scroll wheel on my mouse as I read pages in a thread, to avoid accidentally being redirected or clicking on the NLBS ad, but when I want to use the "UP" arrow to return to the top of the page (which is fabulous by the way, I love it), I more often than not get a re-direct to the NLBS page.

Would it be possible to remove access to the NLBS ad from at least the one that lives under the "UP" arrow? Or relocate the UP arrow so the two aren't so close together?

Just a thought. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Hey, as another way to get to the top of the page, you can use the little Arrow at the bottom right hand corner of any ATS Screen, or you can press the HOME key on your keyboard.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You should try this on a touch screen. More often than not when I go to hit reply I end up back at "My ATS" or get..."are you sure you want to log out?"

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Tenth, it is indeed the white arrow at the right hand bottom of the page that is taking me to NLBS. It wasn't like that until I got a bigger monitor. I didn't even see those ads with my old monitor. ( I don't need this new huge monitor, what was I thinking?)

But I will try using the HOME key.

You are always so helpful Tenth. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Since you just discovered the scroll wheel, were you aware that if you click the scroll wheel, a set of four directional arrows appear and moving your cursor from that location will scroll the page in that direction? The further you move the cursor from its initial location, the faster you will scroll through the document. All you have to do is click the scroll wheel again to get your cursor to return to normal. You could place your cursor at the bottom of the screen, click the scroll wheel, drag the cursor to the top of the screen then click the scroll wheel again when you quickly get to the top of the screen.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Oh my. That would be frustrating too.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

OMG! That's the ticket! I just tried it! I've been using that little thing that makes it scroll faster, or by itself, that's on the wheel, but didn't realize I could get to the top of the page that way, and it's fast and easy (just my style.)

Very helpful.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yea it takes a little bit to get used to, but it is a great tool to get to the top of a long document quickly. Plus you can slow the traversal down by moving the cursor back to the original location. Glad I could help.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My faith in humanity is restored when a member with 6000 posts and high ATS credentials says she has only just discovered the scroll wheel. This is a compliment of regard not a dig.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I will send a PM to SO about that, as I don't think the splash page should interfere with the arrow.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Sometimes I feel like throwing this thing LOL. I have to tap outside the text box to make the on screen keyboard disappear so I can see the reply button and that's when I get my ATS or the log off screen. Then I have to hit the back arrow find the post I was replying to hit reply again and hope that everything I typed is still there. Sometimes I'll type a pretty lengthy reply and loose it entirely. Arrrrgh!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

My faith in humanity is restored when a member with 6000 posts and high ATS credentials says she has only just discovered the scroll wheel. This is a compliment of regard not a dig.

Lol! Didn't mean to imply I didn't know about the scroll wheel! I've been using it for a while, I just don't prefer it. It hadn't occurred to me to use it bypass the arrow on the bottom right of my screen, or to use it as a means to get to the top of the page. I truly didn't realize I could click on it and it would take me to the top of the page.

A nice little feature, I might add.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

I will send a PM to SO about that, as I don't think the splash page should interfere with the arrow.

~Tenth

T - Once I get in the habit of using the 'home' key, or the scroll wheel it will be fine.

Plus, it might be different for everyone based on screen size and settings.

They say "necessity" is the mother of invention, but I think much of the time it might be plain ole laziness. : )

Ah, Americans and Canadians. We do love convenience, don't we.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I've been using a scroll-wheel mouse for years and nobody ever told me the wheel was clickable!

Thank you for the information. It works brilliantly!

@ ladyinwaiting: it's always good for members to let us know if they're having issues. Thank you for posting.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Sometimes I feel like throwing this thing LOL.

I've been thinking about the same with this new monitor. I wish I still had my 21 inch monitor. It was beautiful and perfect and now it's in the trash. : (

Found out they only have a life expectancy of a few years now. But that's a "rant"! Pretty soon they will be disposable I guess, like razors.

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Good Lord I didn't even realize I had 6,000 posts!

No wonder I can't get anything accomplished around here! I need to shut my mouth. (I mean, you know what I mean...

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Heh. I'm not surprised. Surprisingly few people know about the scroll wheel (despite it being right there), so it isn't far fetched to learn that you haven't fully explored the mouse. It's not like anyone reads the instructions for one. After all, who needs to be told how to use a mouse? You just move it around and click either the left or right buttons to select things. I work in IT and even I learned about it by accident. Though I learned about it back in high school while being bored in the middle of writing an assignment and just messing around with the computer.
edit on 24-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Oh yeah I have that on my pc but I hardly ever use it because this tablet gets the whole internet and it also holds hundreds of books.

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Amazical ! Just got back on to find the new border! So nice, and so appreciated.

My best to the ATS Head Honchos, and thanks !

posted on Mar, 24 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I never noticed the green arrow thingy at the bottom of the page, it never entered my conscious point of view. And there it is, and it works! Pretty cool, thanks for asking about this so some of us can learn about it too.

I view ATS at 150 percent, which takes out most of the side ads but leaves enough of a part of them there so I bump into the link several times a day. At 150 the page looks pretty good though.

edit on 24-3-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join